March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

In this last week of the challenge, I'd love to see people really really pushing that square crop. Think essential information ... for instance in the tomato shot above, do we need to see the whole tomato? What if we cropped it down to its essential ingredients - the stem and some of the flesh, maybe? Even going back to shots you've posted already and reshooting them or recropping with a bit of severity in mind :thumbsup: fun!!

No chance - we at the tomato for lunch! And the point of see the whole tomato, was to show the size with the packet of ciggies next to it :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No chance - we at the tomato for lunch! And the point of see the whole tomato, was to show the size with the packet of ciggies next to it :thumbsup:

LOL and that's why art is subjective. I thought the pack was clutter in the background that simply didn't get moved - I didn't realise it was meant to show scale!

So while we're talking about this shot, why do you (and this means everyone) think that this shot works or doesn't work as a square ... or why do you think it works BETTER as a square than as a more traditional rectangle?

You can ask yourself these questions about any of the shots you take or see here in the thread...when I suggested the challenge I really hoped there would be some chatter about it as sometimes I think it help open ideas for everyone.

Let me know if I'm too lame for words :)

No chance - we at the tomato for lunch! And the point of see the whole tomato, was to show the size with the packet of ciggies next to it :D

LOL and that's why art is subjective. I thought the pack was clutter in the background that simply didn't get moved - I didn't realise it was meant to show scale!

So while we're talking about this shot, why do you (and this means everyone) think that this shot works or doesn't work as a square ... or why do you think it works BETTER as a square than as a more traditional rectangle?

You can ask yourself these questions about any of the shots you take or see here in the thread...when I suggested the challenge I really hoped there would be some chatter about it as sometimes I think it help open ideas for everyone.

Let me know if I'm too lame for words :whee:

LOL back at ya :thumbsup:

MIL picked the tomato and showed everyone her "prize" so I said I must take a picture of it - which I did. So I put my cigies next to it to show scale (sorry about the clutter). Then had to work out how to fit it into a square while framing the shot, if I wasn't going to use it for the challenge it was a waste of time taking it :cheer: I was a bit hurried as MIL doesn't speak a lot of English, and lunch was almost ready :rock:

I really don't think it does work that well as a square, but it was there, I was there, my camera was there!

I promise to try harder next time. Hopefully their cucumbers will be ready next week and I can do a panorama with them!

BTW it was very very big - it fed 6 of us in a Greek salad :)

Edited by anniek

but it was there, I was there, my camera was there!

PERFECT, I reckon!! :):thumbsup:

I'm trying to be so much better about doing things like that instead of "it was there, I was there, my camera was there...I stayed on the couch and just thought hey, I should get off my butt and take a photo of that" :cheer:

oh, and I think you should do a panorama and a square of the cukes! I love fresh veggies!!

I have tried this numerous times but have never been able to have the image accepted! Here I have edited in Lightroom and saved it for email so hopefully it will attach without any trouble!! Please meet Ruby, 4 months, Sheltie!!

Love the photos BTW!! Wish I had more time to 'play'!!

Cheerio

Cairo1post-5766-1269412137_thumb.jpg

anniek - killer tomatoe :laugh:

cute pup cairo1

a few square Chester shots

4456218271_fa44aa965f.jpg

4461441037_f9eab3a624.jpg

with this I cheated I guess by using the square hole in the fence to frame it :thumbsup: ... it was late and there really wasn't enough light for this, I had intended to do it earlier but typically got side-tracked so they are fairly grainy

4462214692_95f30e6c68.jpg

4461441549_89857eb82a.jpg

I tried using my front window as a frame too, but that attempt was even later and darker and I realised it didn't work so well anyway :o

:)

Nice shots Annie, especially love the second one. I too thought the little black and tan looked a lot like Ralph!!

CM, love the last shot of Chester looking out of the box!

I went to Yass show today, thought horses might fit the bill pretty well. Possibly I went a little nuts with it ;p

IMG_9193.JPG

IMG_9215.JPG

IMG_9237.JPG

IMG_9337.JPG

IMG_9393.JPG

And I had a play with it with some working dogs as well

IMG_9130.JPG

IMG_9131.JPG

IMG_9122.JPG

IMG_9102.JPG

Any how that is all mine for the month, in one hit ;p

Edited by altheau

OK this mornings effort - I'm trying new things with my camera, but struggling with off lead dogs whilst knee deep in water in the almost dark :laugh:

Not sure if these two work as I was shooting into the rising sun and they looked a bit blah - so any/all comments appreciated.

-1037.jpg

-1039.jpg

This is my favourite

-1065.jpg

and I like these too!

-1032.jpg

-1066.jpg

Edited by anniek