What's The Right Thing To Do...

RL1

Im sorry but I havent read ALL the posts here but Rottylover where did this hole start from?I mean did your dog dig it from his/her side or was it from the puppy's side?

Does anyone else find this annoying "I can't be bothered actually READING the 16 pages on this topic, but I'll throw in my 2 cents' worth anyway" :)

HAD you read the 16 pages, you would know that the OP has gone to considerable trouble & expense to contain his dogs, wheras his neighbours seem to have done nothing.

not only do i find it annoying i also find it rude, lazy and arrogant...i prefer people to keep uninformed opinions to themselves, especially if it is easy for them to become informed...you know, like reading all the posts

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the people with the small pup had half a clue they would have fixed the fence before they even brought the dog home, we had fences that could be dug under etc and we spent days digging under the fence and laying railway sleepers to stop a pup digging under BEFORE we thought about bringing him home. I am actually shocked that they still have not bothered to do anything to stop their pup putting his legs under the fence, I just cant comprehend why they wouldnt do anything????

True. But lots of dog owners, maybe most, don't have half a clue when they bring their dogs home. I include myself among their number. Most people just learn as they go and are lucky if the learning process doesn't cost them thousands in vet bills along the way. You would think that a $4000 vet bill would be a sufficient teaching experience, but then it takes all types to make a world.

I can't believe the owners of the pup haven't patched their side of the fence up :( Surely you'd think that would be priority for them??

Having said that I would probably patch it up as best I could from my side anyway but I do have smaller dogs and am very paranoid about them getting out.

Its a tough one. I haven't read every post but I think you both seem like reasonable neighbours. Unfortunately an incident like this can turn a neighbourly relationship sour quite quickly.

I don't think you or your dog have done anything wrong, but I do think that if you know your neighbour has a new pup it is up to both of you to scour the premises and make sure both dogs will be safe and if that means making sure there are no holes for either to get body parts through then so be it.

I think both of you have made an error here because it is up to them to make sure there are no holes for their pup to get injured considering that you own a larger breed and I think it is up to you keep your dog safe from such possibilites and accusations. :(

I came in see why this had got to be 18 pages. Got to about page 7 and well it just seems to be going around in circles. So I can see why people are not reading it all.

RL I can't say I would be paying if an animal came on to my place and got injured. If one of my dogs got hurt in a similar way I would appreciate the neighbor asking if the dog was ok etc. Maybe a bottle of wine?

I would be going around and checking for puppy sized gaps though and fixing them myself. I wouldn't want to be upset if something even worse happened.

Im sorry but I havent read ALL the posts here but Rottylover where did this hole start from?I mean did your dog dig it from his/her side or was it from the puppy's side?

Does anyone else find this annoying "I can't be bothered actually READING the 16 pages on this topic, but I'll throw in my 2 cents' worth anyway" :)

HAD you read the 16 pages, you would know that the OP has gone to considerable trouble & expense to contain his dogs, wheras his neighbours seem to have done nothing.

not only do i find it annoying i also find it rude, lazy and arrogant...i prefer people to keep uninformed opinions to themselves, especially if it is easy for them to become informed...you know, like reading all the posts

+1