Vets In Ipswich

kchogan

as the title suggests i am after a vet in ipswich.

i have heard many stories about some vets in ipswich and was after your opinion as i am unsure which ones to look at and which ones to avoid.

i normally go to a vet in alex hills, however my children keep opening the gate and ruby pelts down the main road if something (god forbid) were to ever happen i think the redlands would be a bit of a hike.

please help.

We go to the Brassall Vet Clinic on Hunter St. We are first time puppy owners and have only been once for Poppy's 2nd lot of vaccines and for her microchip. The vet we saw (Debby) was lovely. Took her time to give Poppy a full health check. Answered all my "silly" first time owner questions, offered to clip her nails for us, went though a few puppy ownership basics with me and commented on how well we were doing and how great it was that we were proactive in informing ourselves about her needs.

We start Puppy Preschool at their Karalee Vet Clinic next Monday! Am very much looking forward to it! :o

I used to go to

Raceview Veterinary Surgery,

67 Raceview Rd,

Raceview.

Ph 3288-6988

Hrs: M-F 8.30am-11.30am 3.00pm-6.00pm

Saturday 8.30am-11.30am

I now live in Victoria, but I used them up till four years ago and thought they were great. Can't be sure they are still there, but give them a ring if you like.

Animal Welfare League

Ipswich Veterinary Clinic

42 Tiger Street, West Ipswich

07 3812 7533

Operating Hours:

Monday to Friday: 8am to 5pm

Saturday: 9am to 1pm

They are wonderful very friendly

Edited by gaawjustaffs

Moreton Vet hospital

Redbank Plains Rd, Redbank Plains

ph 3814 3333

24hour emergancy, cheaper than a lot of other vets around Ipswich ( makes me cringe what some vets around here charge) plus a 20% discount for CCCQ members.

Very experienced and caring staff.

I have also used the Karalee Karana Vet surgery ( partner surgery to Brassall listed above) for the basics and they have always been great. However, they don't offer any after hours service and I they wouldn't be my choice for any major surgeries.

Moreton Vet hospital

ph 3814 3333

24hour emergancy, cheaper than a lot of other vets around Ipswich ( makes me cringe what some vets around here charge) plus a 20% discount for CCCQ members.

I have also used the Karalee Karana Vet surgery ( partner surgery to Brassall listed above) for the basics and they have always been great. However, they don't offer any after hours service and I they wouldn't be my choice for any major surgeries.

I agree - if you're looking for a vet you may as well find a hospital that offers a/hrs service. A lot of the above surgery's aren't available a/hrs (which includes weekends), and you'll end up at one of the hospitals anyway.

I use Booval, and they are also available at Pine Mountain and Karalee :o

Edited by gsdog2

Moreton Vet hospital

ph 3814 3333

I have been using Moreton too and they are great :)

No experience with the Karalee/Karana vet but I believe a workmate takes (or used to take) their GSD there and had no problems with them.

I go to Tim Rush at Yamanto, LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Raceview is equally as good, my boys go there with their dogs. I go to Tim, as we have cattle and he has more livestock knowledge and working breed dogs, but not 24hr service. We went to the Blackstone rd a/hrs one night( it was 5.30 in the arv) and an xray was i think $460. They were very good, i have not much experience with the after hr charges in ippi, so not much help there.

Edited by sandra64

I go to Tim Rush at Yamanto, LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Raceview is equally as good, my boys go there with their dogs. I go to Tim, as we have cattle and he has more livestock knowledge and working breed dogs, but not 24hr service. We went to the Blackstone a/hrs one night( it was 5.30 in the arv) and an xray was i think $460. They were very good, i have not much experience with the after hr charges in ippi, so not much help there.

It's called Silkstone not Blackstone Veterinary Hospital - just in case OP's looking for the phone number :dancingelephant: