Price Of Ilium Neocort & Inflamol Creams

I like to ensure I always have a tube of Neocort and Inflamol creams in my house for treatment of any skin conditions/abrasions/infections/hot spots etc and I had to go to vet to replenish my supply of these today, as Tournie's hotspots are currently being treated with the Inflamol which I used the last of this morning, and I had also run out of Neocort which I always like to have a tube of. I thought I would ask what other Dolers pay/charge for these creams at your vets.

As these are prescription only in Australia you can't buy them online/over the counter, but wish you could. Just interested to see what the price ranges are :thumbsup:

I paid $30.00 for the Neocort (50g tube) and $25 for the Inflamol (20g tube).

I like to ensure I always have a tube of Neocort and Inflamol creams in my house for treatment of any skin conditions/abrasions/infections/hot spots etc and I had to go to vet to replenish my supply of these today, as Tournie's hotspots are currently being treated with the Inflamol which I used the last of this morning, and I had also run out of Neocort which I always like to have a tube of. I thought I would ask what other Dolers pay/charge for these creams at your vets.

As these are prescription only in Australia you can't buy them online/over the counter, but wish you could. Just interested to see what the price ranges are :thumbsup:

I love Neocort . . . use it on myself as well. Fantastic for itchy bites that might get infected. Don't know Inflamol. But for hotspots, I'd just as soon use peroxide, chlorohexadine, or betadine . . . anything that will dry the area out and kill the bugs. I think your vet is jacking the price up. I seem to remember paying $20 for my last tube of Neocort. But prices change, so $30 may be fair. I don't think Neocort can be sold over the counter.

Damn that seems expensive for the neocort,I just checked some receipts from my vet and he charges $7 per 50g tube.

Damn that seems expensive for the neocort,I just checked some receipts from my vet and he charges $7 per 50g tube.

Wow that is so so cheap, maybe you got it for cost, where are you located?

As these are prescription only in Australia you can't buy them online/over the counter, but wish you could. Just interested to see what the price ranges are :rofl:

Maybe someone made a mistake; I got a 200g jar of Ilium Neocort for less than that from a local vet.

I think our price is $25-30.

I have used neocort on myself but I'm not really sure that the % of cortisone is particularly safe for hoomans.

Cortavance spray is double the price but it may actually be a cost saver for you b/c I find it to be more effective in less treatments.

Plus it's really good for midgie bites on ppl. Disclaimer: Not sure it's any safer for hoomans either!

:rofl::rofl:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

As these are prescription only in Australia you can't buy them online/over the counter, but wish you could. Just interested to see what the price ranges are :rofl:

I'm on the Northside of Brisbane.Just to make sure we're talking about the same stuff,is it ilium neocort,white tube with green writing and a green lid??

I'm on the Northside of Brisbane.Just to make sure we're talking about the same stuff,is it ilium neocort,white tube with green writing and a green lid??

Yes that is the one - your price is a huge difference that is why I made mention that maybe you got it at cost - either way you are very lucky :rofl:

Wow so many getting rorted :rofl: A 50g tube of Neocort here would cost you $14.65. Knowing what the cost price is for it (in Sydney), $30 is utterly ridiculous.

Hmmm maybe time to seriously consider using another local vet I am looking at for normal veterinary treatments as have a couple of issues I am not happy with and have really only stuck with my current vet as have been going to them for over 20 yrs now and they are so close to where I live as on the corner of my road and only 5mins away.

My dissatisfaction with them really hit new heights last year when my late 10yr old boy was diagnosed with cancer and I got a taste of what is was like to have my boy treated by an extremely supportive and caring vet who is a holistic vet and she used to phone regularly to check how he was going and give advice and support. Didn't get one call from my own vet and no acknowledgement from them when they knew I had lost him :rofl: . He was treated by them since he was a pup :cry: I had actually asked the Holistic Vet to be the one to put him to sleep when the time came as needed it done by someone who obviously cared about my boy :D She also sent me a lovely card and one of those gorgeous My Angel Pet Pins which is a pewter dog with a gold halo and wings and I treasure it dearly. She was just wonderful :D

stormie where are you guys located?

That holistic vet sounds lovely, labsrule.

We are in Pennant Hills. I know I would be seen as biased, but how you describe your holistic vet is what my boss hopes to be for his clients. We previously worked as employees in another clinic (he was there since graduating 20years ago) but decided he wanted to run his own clinic, to be able to do things how he thinks they should be done for his patients and clients.

I totally understand the overheads involved in running a clinic - the amount of money we've spent upgrading things here in the last few months is insane - but putting such massive mark ups on drugs like that which are so frequently used, to us, seems unfair.

We're not holistic, but we do sell Eagle Pack Holistic, if that counts :dancingelephant:

Edited by stormie

That holistic vet sounds lovely, labsrule.

We are in Pennant Hills. I know I would be seen as biased, but how you describe your holistic vet is what my boss hopes to be for his clients. We previously worked as employees in another clinic (he was there since graduating 20years ago) but decided he wanted to run his own clinic, to be able to do things how he thinks they should be done for his patients and clients.

I totally understand the overheads involved in running a clinic - the amount of money we've spend upgrading things here in the last few months is insane - but putting such massive mark ups on drugs like that which are so frequently used, to us, seems unfair.

We're not holistic, but we do sell Eagle Pack Holistic, if that counts :dancingelephant:

Yes she is truly wonderful and if located closer I would have her as my normal Vet in a heartbeat. If ever any of my dogs need any holistic treatment for whatever reason in the future, she is the one I would take them to, irrespective of distance :thumbsup: . I am seriously considering taking my 5mth lab pup to her for his annual vacc and checkup and also desexing when that time arrives if I don't find a suitable new vet that is closer.

Your boss sounds wonderful, can you PM me details of your clinic including opening hrs and whether you need to make appts or can just drop in during opening hrs on a first come first serve basis. :birthday: