Luki - Parvo Survivor

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear this terrible news K9angel, and praying that this little boy can recover and know what it's like to be loved. It seems he already knows you care about him.

Too late for this little boy, but what the others in that pound, what about protection for all dogs coming in or passing through? Surely all should receive an injection on arrival as a basic duty of care.

Finger crossed for your pup K9

Sadly and to be honest councils have no obligations to worm or vaccinate anything that goes in, if so all would be doing it. Some, many pounds have not enough funds supplied to them to do this. And to be honest why should they when it is the peoples responsibility who owned/bred the animals, why rate and taxpayers when many would do the right thing have to pay even more for the people that don't.

I don't know that answer but I know that compulsory vaccinations in pounds is a long way off yet!

Edited by pikespooches

Ohhh Just read this K9angel. I really hope the little angel makes it. What a sorry looking little one. He looks like her would be gorgeous with a bit of TLC.

Will be saying my prayers for him tonight. What a day for you (((HUGS)))

K9Angel, I hope your little one makes it.

Is there a parvo outbreak at BP or is he the only dog affected that is known?

Rescuers should be made aware, particularly to take extra care quarantining dogs and also if travelling any dogs on transport.

I heard from a reliable source that it only costs about $10 per dose of Parvac... no excuse to not vacc every dog under 6 months coming into a pound with it... add the cost on to the adoption fee if you have to... grrr!

T.

I went and spent about an hour with the little one tonight. He is doing well. The Vet is happy he hasnt pooped as yet, said its a good sign. However he also told me that there is a 50/50 chance he will make it. He told me he has seen worse get better, and ones in better cond. than this boy, go down fast and die. :D

I took him some fried porterhouse steak, but as expected, he didnt eat it. I also took him the Vet bed and a little toy, which he was quiet interested in.

He has the drip in his little leg, all bandaged up. :)

Whenever I went to leave, he would try to get up to follow or prick his ears as if to say 'Hey, where are you going?'.

I snuggled up to him, he is such a little cuddle bear, he has a soft coat like Mya did, and told him he HAD to get better so he can come home and play with the kids and be spoiled rotten.

I go back to see him tommorow. Fingers crossed he gets through tonight.

I managed to sneak some pics of him. He wasnt fazed by me taking his pic, infact I think he felt a little special :)

4426076263_339619b807.jpg

4426076253_1db9fceac8.jpg

4426076275_e110978c04.jpg

4426843404_68555947e8.jpg

4426076269_f72dc62562.jpg

4426076273_7a45307c45.jpg

4426076265_1485e82c70.jpg

I went and spent about an hour with the little one tonight. He is doing well. The Vet is happy he hasnt pooped as yet, said its a good sign. However he also told me that there is a 50/50 chance he will make it. He told me he has seen worse get better, and ones in better cond. than this boy, go down fast and die. :)

I took him some fried porterhouse steak, but as expected, he didnt eat it. I also took him the Vet bed and a little toy, which he was quiet interested in.

He has the drip in his little leg, all bandaged up. :)

Whenever I went to leave, he would try to get up to follow or prick his ears as if to say 'Hey, where are you going?'.

I snuggled up to him, he is such a little cuddle bear, he has a soft coat like Mya did, and told him he HAD to get better so he can come home and play with the kids and be spoiled rotten.

I managed to sneak some pics of him. He wasnt fazed by me taking his pic, infact I think he felt a little special :laugh:

This heartbreaking :D I hope he gets out of this

I pray that no other animals ever gets it

oh crap :) not parvo I'm so sorry. Sending wishes for puppy. :D

iggymum, it looks like the trots but worse - they can feel it and look sad/flat. There is a smell too, a terrible metallic bloody poopy smell. It's awful. So fast and cruel.

Poor little possum. :D I hope he pulls through.

Blacktown used to vaccinate for parvo on arrival.... I haven't taken one from there snce I closed last year. Are they not vaccinating for parvo now???

Who is paying for his vets bill?

Is it you personally K9?

If it is, please, PM me some details and I will give you some money to help towards the cost.

Yes, I am the one paying.

Thank you for your offer, it is much appreciated.

Hey no pooping is good news! I think they give everyone the 50/50 news just in case. I can see what you mean about him being skinny. Poor little bubba. Please keep us updated on his progress.

He is all bones. Very sad. I would seriously be surprised if he weighs 5kgs. He feels very, very light.

It worries me. I wonder if he has eaten at all, whilst at the pound? I know they get fed, but do they stay to make sure everyone gets a chop, or do they just drop the bowls off and its every man for himself?

The little black and white husky that was sharing his kennel was very thin also. I remember when I went there last week, there was a notice on the door for the kennel hand to check for diarrhoea, I was also advised he (the blk & white one) was a little unstable on his legs. :D When I went to check him, he appeared ok, but still not happy like a pup should be.

I will call the pound tomm and ask them to call the ppl who adopted him to let them know he may have parvo virus.

I would hate to think of the poor bugger, left to suffer with someone who thinks its nothing more serious than a case of the runs.... :D

Oh and I asked today, did they come in together? the answer no, BUT within a few hours of eachother. Makes you wonder doesnt it? :cool:

Poor little possum. :D I hope he pulls through.

Blacktown used to vaccinate for parvo on arrival.... I haven't taken one from there snce I closed last year. Are they not vaccinating for parvo now???

Hi Anne,

As far as I know, the younger ones DO get a parvac shot on being impounded. :cool:

I even request it sometimes before I take a dog out, but today I was taking this little one straight to the Vet for his shots. I wasnt aware that he was sick, until I saw him myself. I sensed the urgency too. I usually stay to say hello to all the dogs, but as soon as I saw him, only made it half way down the first row and said to Jack "C'mon, we have to get this little one to the doctor". Jack still mananged to take off to the cattery. He loves cats too. On the way to the Vet, I called to let him know I was on my way with a very sick little patient.

I would of thought the kennel hands would of picked it up sooner. :D :D

I can only imagine if I left it til tommorow to pick him up. As it was, this staffy x pup was standing, leaping all over him. He didnt have the energy to move, so just lay there and took it. :)

I noted at the Vet tonight, his gums were much pinker than a few hours before.

We have to sit and wait now. He is in the best of hands. I wont sleep well tonight admittedly, and if the ph rings early, I will shite myself thinking the worse. Although this boy hasnt had much attention in his little life, he got plenty tonight.

And at least I know, if the worst does happen - he got every chance possible, and at the same time, got to be loved...

I still havent had a chance to think of a name for him. He needs a special name. He is a special boy.

I went and spent about an hour with the little one tonight. He is doing well. The Vet is happy he hasnt pooped as yet, said its a good sign. However he also told me that there is a 50/50 chance he will make it. He told me he has seen worse get better, and ones in better cond. than this boy, go down fast and die. :D

He has the drip in his little leg, all bandaged up. :D

I managed to sneak some pics of him. He wasnt fazed by me taking his pic, infact I think he felt a little special :D

Awwwwww he looks like uch a sweet heart. Glad he is finally out of there poor bub. Hoping he comes good for you. Bless you for helping ANOTHER darling pooch. :cool:

Who is paying for his vets bill?

Is it you personally K9?

If it is, please, PM me some details and I will give you some money to help towards the cost.

Yes, I am the one paying.

Thank you for your offer, it is much appreciated.

I'd like to help a little too. Please PM me.