Luki - Parvo Survivor

~Luki comes home today~

;)

:thanks::mad :D :(:) ;)

I called the Vet this morning to let them know I was running a little late. (These things happen when you have kids ;) ) His wife says "The other little one can come home today" I asked "What?" thinking I was hearing things :cheer: She said the drip was taken out this morning and he ATE some chicken!!!!!! :thumbsup:

When I arrived with the 2 kids, a dog in a crate (for desexing) and a bowl of food for Luki, (which she put in the fridge as he'd just eaten) I couldnt believe it was the same little dog. OMG! :thumbsup:

I couldnt stay for long as I had the kids but I made sure he got lots of pats. I didnt take his toys or food treats as he is coming home this afternoon. He is looking 100%. He was even carrying on, trying to get out. :party:

When I had to leave him, I could hear this softest, sweetest little howl calling me back. I said to Nolene, he sure is better. :whee: She agreed, laughing.

So guys, this is it. Today is the day, little Luki will get to come home.

The day I feared, would never come, is finally here!!!!!!!!! :D Happy tears ofcoarse :clap: :D

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news K9angel. Everyone's Bentleys paid off! I am so happy for you and the little fella.

Yes they did. THANK YOU everyone.

For your kind words, your thoughts, your preys, and your Bentleys... For your help with his name and for your offers of donations. It wasnt just me who saved Luki, it was a big group effort from you all. I cant tell you how grateful I am, and I am sure little Luki would be too. ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by k9angel

That is excellent news K9angel. You must be absolutely ecstatic.

I look forward to lots of updates on this little man when you have him home and can start to fatten him up. I know he will have to take it slow at first but I'm sure he will thrive with your love. I bet Jack is excited too eh?

Oh, How do you like my new Siggy. :o

The best news ever! I hope we get lots of photos of him looking fat and happy soon :-)

Christie

Oh there will be lots of happy updates and plenty of pics to come. :o

Only a few hours to go now. Not that I am counting or anything. :)

OH gets in about 5. I will go pick the little desexed boy up first. Bring him back, then return for Luki. :rofl:

I am nervous, excited & happy in one. Little Jack is over the moon.

When I called OH to tell him of the good news this morning (had it on loudspeaker) Jack yells out to him, "Luki is coming home today". Luki will be kept isolated from the other dogs for a few weeks, but its for everyones good, and standard procedure for a new comer.

Once that time is up, I will introduce him to my old husky girl, Gypsy. She will mother him to no end. :laugh:

She loves pups, especially of her own kind. She is a sweet ol' girl. She is my heart dog, and has been there for me, through many ups and downs.

I wonder how Luki is going down there, not causing too much strife I hope. :D

That is excellent news K9angel. You must be absolutely ecstatic.

I look forward to lots of updates on this little man when you have him home and can start to fatten him up. I know he will have to take it slow at first but I'm sure he will thrive with your love. I bet Jack is excited too eh?

Oh, How do you like my new Siggy. :rofl:

I LOVE it Teekay.

She looks so happy! Both girls do! :o

And yes Jacks very happy. We all are. :)

So thrilled with this outcome for Luki. It also shows that love does play a part in their recovery....alone in the pound without someone to encourage him and hang on to, this little boy might not have made it. Only good luck from now on for Luki.

So thrilled with this outcome for Luki. It also shows that love does play a part in their recovery....alone in the pound without someone to encourage him and hang on to, this little boy might not have made it. Only good luck from now on for Luki.

:thumbsup: to that!

Less than 2 hours to go! Yippee :cry:

Noelene called to say he ate all his lunch, bar a little bit. He is anxious to get out of the cage, but behaving himself. I asked if he was being a good boy, she said "Yes" :)

I have butterflies, can you believe it? :)

Little Luki has arrived home safe and well. :banghead:

He is a gorgeous little boy, very submissive, and loves the kids. He is so tiny. :laugh: he weighs only 4.6kgs.

It took him only a short time to settle into his crate. At first he had a whinge, and wasnt keen on the idea, but settled after a little while. He is sleeping atm. He has to come back out shortly, to have his meds and a little run around.

Here are some pics I took on is arrival.

4434990022_7ff841a925.jpg

4434990026_8e2ea7e28a.jpg

4434990028_55123219ff.jpg

4434990016_f7e0136934.jpg

4434990012_2aeeb4372f.jpg

4434990010_2369311e87.jpg