Luki - Parvo Survivor

It was so funny. I went to the pet supplies store yesterday to get some straw for the guinea pigs and also picked up some treats as I do.

Anyways I got a bag of pig ears and these other smoked/dried pig hocks and some of their fav bickies.

I gave the dogs a treat this morning and Luki got a smoked hock thing (whatever their called) Blacky and Whitey ate theirs first while Luki sat on his, playing Dog with it. :laugh:

Eventually the chase was on. Blacky and Whitey having finished theirs went after Luki. Gee it was funny. They'd go from one end of the yard to the other, stop sit down while Luki got to eat some of his treat, then the chase would be on again. :rofl: I got a couple pics thru the back door.

4852056920_92eee32be4.jpg

Whitey watches the treat from the front, while Blacky keeps an eye on it from behind

4852057182_7b39726704.jpg

Theyre staring at Luki's treat, waiting to pounce on it

4852057212_ec787dd6e5.jpg

Look at Blackys face, she's looking at Whitey as if to say "No you don't - I saw it first"... and Luki's giving Whitey a nah nah nah nah nah look, like you can't get me.... :laugh:

4852057236_c1befac463.jpg

Blacky studies the content of his mouth with interest, hoping it will fall out :D And look at the prance Luki's doing.

His ear is turned back listening to see if Whitey is after him aswell. Whitey is stalking and isn't about to give up.

I love the smiles and the tails in the air as they prance. :D

I am glad they all get along well. Infact when Luki was away the other day having his op, they seemed to miss him. Everytime I opened the back door, they were there like they were waiting for him to barrell out. But when he didn't they looked dissapointed. I guess it would be fun having a youngster about. Blacky and Whitey are 6 and see him as a ball of fun, it's bought back their youth. :) I am proud of the way Luki has turned out. He is fantastic with other dogs and terrific with the kids. He is the perfect family dog.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luki has been taken off Petrescue today.

It has been decided, he will be staying with us forever. :thumbsup:

:cheer::cheer::rofl::):cheer::cheer::dancingelephant::thumbsup::cheer::cheer:

There are several reasons for our decision. Luki has been here since a pup, he knows us as his family.

He has fitted into my resident pack with ease. He has such a gorgeous nature, so placid and submissive and gentle - and knows his place within the pack.

He loves the babies (human) and they love him, he has such a special bond with them and is fantastic around them, he is great with all other dogs including my own. He is an Angel and I swear he was sent to us... and that this was meant to be.

Since Whitey has been sick Luki has proved a very important & special member of my dog pack.

Whitey can longer play, run and wrestle with Blacky (his sister and best friend) and so watches (sadly, but with a touch of proudness and also approval :cry: ) as Luki and Blacky play and do all those things together. It is admittedly sad for me having to watch Whitey as he watches them but it has lifted Blacky's spirits and I think Whitey's also to some degree.

Luki is like a ray of sunshine that never ends. :birthday:

Since the day I laid eyes on Luki it was love at first sight but with him being so touch and go with parvo, didn't want to get attached, do you think that stopped me??

I've taught him to sit and shake and he sleeps with us on the bed at night. The house just wouldn't feel the same without him.

I have been contemplating taking him off Petrescue for some time and OH was pressuring me to as he loves him to death, as do the kids.... Whiteys sickness was the final straw for me. We not only need and love Luki but so do the other dogs, especially Blacky.

Luki seems very happy here with us. To re-home him would be so unfair on him. In his eyes we are his family. We were the ones who waited, hoped and cried when he was ill as a baby, we are the ones who took him into our home and made him part of our family, so we are the ones he will spend the rest of his life with. :)

He has bought so much joy and love to our lives with his funny little quirks and his warm, loving nature. Life truly wouldn't be the same without him.

So today I took him off Petrescue and ticked him off as rehomed - forever

He was on there for 3 whole months with NOT 1 enquiry - again makes me believe it was meant to be.

So

:birthday: home Luki

From your Mummy and family XXX

4972806469_393076c1f4.jpg

Taken today

You are certainly hooked! As if one couldn't tell by the way you write about him ! :rofl: Congratulations on keeping your special boy - it doesn't look like there was much choice, he was yours to start with by the sounds of it. Some fits are just so perfect they are meant to be and sometimes I think some animals are meant to find us.

Congratulations and enjoy - the fact that it lifts the spirits of your other dogs makes it even all the more special for you. May you have many many wonderful years together.

I have been contemplating taking him off Petrescue for some time and OH was pressuring me to as he loves him to death, as do the kids.... Whiteys sickness was the final straw for me. We not only need and love Luki but so do the other dogs, especially Blacky.
I'm not often moved to little tears on DOL, but this nearly had me going, Rach.

Well done to you all and

:rofl:LORD LUKI as a permanent member of DOL.

Goosebumps.. lots of them..

How wonderful that little Luki gets to stay with you forever :eek: You took him from the pound knowing he was sick when most would have passed him by, you fought so hard for his survival and nurtured him back to health, Luki now providing comfort for your family (both 2 legged and 4 ) during such a sad and worrying time is a shining example of Karma k9a. What you put out comes back to you, bless you Luki :eek:

I thought it was strange that Luki hadn't been scooped up by some lucky family as soon as he hit PetRescue, now its very clear...he had already found his forever family, they just didnt know it quite yet :D

Luki was home all the time :)

Big hugs to you Rach :D

• 2 months later...

You wouldn't believe it :D Luki likes to ride down the kids eezy peezy slide.

I've sent him run up it before and also sit on the cubby house roof. :mad:thumbsup: But this afternoon I called him up on command and he jumped up/ran up every time without fail. He'd stand there backwards while I'd give him a push back down. It is soooo funny. :mad He stands up and goes down backwards. :D He jumps straight back up for more. He thrives on the cheers, the laughs and the claps he gets. He is such a smart, smart boy.

A couple of pics I managed to get - note each pic is of him having seperate turns down the slide - I had to give him a push and try and take a pic at the same time. :mad He must of gone down 30 odd times at least. ;)

I have to get a video of him doing it. He must like the feeling of his paws on the rollers. :laugh: One word sums Luki up, a 'clown'. A loveable one at that. He always makes us laugh.

5240763660_501fbdf628.jpg

5240763662_8480055447.jpg

And he's off & sliding. :laugh: Look at his facial expression. :laugh: He loves it.

5240763652_e3f0f3d10b.jpg

5240763656_93a514067d.jpg

5240763668_5b2268846b.jpg

Sorry the pics are a bit blurred. He WAS going at pretty fast speed. :mad

• 5 months later...

While I am here an update on Luki too.

He has been part of our family for just over a year now. (1 year and 3 mths) he has grown into a gorgeous, gorgeous boy. He is so loveable and sleeps at the end of the bed every night and is such a bed hog. :laugh: He won't move even when you shove your legs under him. :laugh: He just takes advantage of the situation to use my legs as a pillow. :laugh: But he keeps me nice and warm.

He's suffered no ill effects from the parvo. He's as fit and healthy as the rest of them and has grown into a beautiful boy. :thumbsup:

He still loves to play fetch and ride the slippery dip. :laugh: He is a real clown and always has a way of bringing a smile to my face.

I am so glad I bought him home that day... :)

5792795939_0050bae9b8.jpg

Taken a few days back.

And these were taken tonight.

5792909611_23515d477f.jpg

5792909623_ba6d3dd0d8.jpg

Luki and his new best buddy, Zuess. We lost Jay Jay last weekend. (my sibe of 10 years :cry: ) and Zuess and Jay were really close. He was so sad when she died. Thanks to Luki he has cheered up a bit now.

5792909637_e7c8cce25d.jpg

5792909643_030ecfc7d1.jpg

Full house. :laugh: Luki is in the background there somewhere.

5793494246_ae83e653b2.jpg

Edited by k9angel

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what a journey for you and your family, I have just read all 16 pages, I went through all the tears and rode the roller coaster of emotions.

I am so glad that Luki pulled through and seems to have suffered no ill effect. Did you ever find out about the other dog that was at the pound with Luki, I so hope he made it to. I am so happy that you decided to give Luki his forever home, he has fitted in quite well.

But I must say you are one special person K9angel you truly are an angel.

Luki has grown into a very handsome boy and has a real character about him.

Bless you for what you do and have done.

Edited by mrsgrumblebum