Luki - Parvo Survivor

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phone rang at 9 this morning. I was half asleep when I answered. It was the Vet.

He told me "He isnt going too bad". I told him I would be down in a minute and rushed off to see him.

On arrival Luki was sitting up! :laugh:

He recognised me instantly and began to wag and cry. I was so happy. He looks so much better again.

I took his Vet bed home to wash and changed his bed, any excuse to get him out and hold him. :)

He wagged the whole time in my arms. He is so light. :) Ross said he is showing more interest in food, but still not ready to eat yet. He had a little play and even nibbled my hands ever so gently. :rofl: He is very sweet. Oh and he keeps trying to bite at the bandage on his leg, the little bugger, a good sign he is getting better!

He almost ate a little bit of meat from me.

I am so happy, he is actually starting to behave and look like a normal, happy pup.

When I went to leave he whined and cried wanting me to come back...... :laugh: so I did, several times. I'd open the gate on his pen and just snuggle my head into his. He loved it.

And when he sits up, he lifts his little bandaged leg, like he is showing me. So, so cute.

The Vet said he will give a call later this arvo to let me know how he is going.

I bought the Vet bed home and its going to get a wash, i will take it back tommorow. He has a nice blue blankie now to snuggle in to.

There was a little pom in the cage next to Luki, he had a drip too and had black stains like poo on his back legs. I asked Ross if it was parvo too. He said no. Similiar symptoms but the dog tested negative to parvo. Poor little bugger, wishing him a speedy recovery too.

I am so happy with little Luki's progress. :):):)

You are awesome k9angel. The passion and love you have for the dogs you rescue (and for those you can't) just beams off the pages. You truly are an angel :laugh: , thank you for all that you do :rofl::), I admire you and the amazing effort you put in.

Of course there are many other rescuers who also do a phenomenal job and I applaud you all :laugh: .

So glad he is getting better, I've been following this thread. Am a bit concerned that he is next to another dog though, my vet has an isolation room and it is like level 5 biosecurity hazard for parvo dogs. They go in gowned up and everything leaving the room is F10ed to buggery. I really hope the little pom doesn't get it as well :(

You are awesome k9angel. The passion and love you have for the dogs you rescue (and for those you can't) just beams off the pages. You truly are an angel :) , thank you for all that you do :):), I admire you and the amazing effort you put in.

Of course there are many other rescuers who also do a phenomenal job and I applaud you all :) .

Here Here! :( Very well said :) :) :)

Hope he continues to get better and betterer :D

Havent heard back from the Vet yet, so hopefully no news is good news as they say. :)

Thinking of him down there. I hope the other little one is going ok. (The blk & wht one).

I hope he is picking up just as well as Luki is. If so, these two little babies may get their happy ending, after all.

I went to Cassisi pet supplies this morning as I had to get a bag of straw for the guinea pigs. Jack picked out 4 toys for Luki including, 2 squeaky balls, a little dog teddy that makes barking sounds and a rubber boot thingy that squeaks also. :( I picked Luki out some treats in the hope it may coax him to eat! :) His Vet bed is washed and dried, with the help of good ol' Mum, who insisted she knew best when I dropped in to fill her in on Luki's progress.

In the bath tub went the Vet bed. :D One bottle of hospital disinfectant, and a half a bottle of bleach later, she still wasnt done. :) Poor vet bed. In the washing machine next, half a box of radiant and she was off. :)

I came home for a while and by the time I went back it was dried and bagged ready to go. It faired well, I will give it that. They are fantastic arent they?

So tommorow Luki will get his bed back, some toys and treats. :) I will buy him a special little collar tonight, as he didnt have one on. He still has the blue sticky tape, pound staff put around his neck, with his impound number. :)

When I picked him up, pound staff started to look for the little blue diamonte one he came in with. I said not to worry as I was in mad rush to get him to the vet. There was no time to waste, looking for collars.

I cant wait to see him again. Poor Jack hasnt seen him since he we picked him up on Friday, but i keep him updated and tell him he is getting better and can come and play soon. I have to say also, as sick as Luki was on Friday, he delighted in seeing the kids. Little Bailey was in his pram (My son Bailey, not the husky Bailey :) ) and was making these cute little baby sounds, waving his hands about, wanting to touch him. He didnt get a chance to, either did Jack. :)

Hopefully, they will soon. He is going to be one spoiled pup, thats all I can say. :):)

:thumbsup: ~~Update~~ :thumbsup:

Vet just rang at 10:05pm to let me know little Luki is doing well. He even ate a little bit of meat tonight. :D

We are getting there!!!!!! Ross told me to bring him some more of that meat tommorow, so I am defrosting some steaks to fry for him tommorow. I will also take him some VIP roll, and some dry food. Oh and his treats ofcoarse. I will get to see him twice tommorow. :( I drop a dog off for desexing in the morning, then when I go and pick him up in the afternoon, will get to see Luki again! :D

He still has to stay for a couple of days yet, but I cant tell you the relief I feel.

I think I will sleep like a log tonight. ;) At last I can rest knowing he is on the mend. :rofl:

Fantastic!!! I've been in and out of here for the last two days worrying about him. I so hope that he's over the hump and it's all plain sailing from here.

That was the Vets main concern from the start "Getting him over the hump". I am so glad he has pulled through.

Being in his poor condition, I didnt like his chances, but never gave up hope. Just goes to show once again, miracles can and do happen :( Luki is proof of that. :D

Oh this is such good news. He ate some meat :D :(

I might not be quite so scared to check for updates in the morning. :thumbsup:

Sleep well K9angel.

Oh I will Teekay! :thumbsup:

Just got a round of (human) baby bottles to fill, then its off to la la land for me. :D

I am buggered. ;)