My 15 Year Old Toy Poodle Had A Seizure This Morning & Is At The E

Pepi

Thanks everyone, as the day has gone on ive become weaker mentally, emotionally and physically. I am more of a mess than before. Cant keep it together and cant stop crying.

I am to scared to call the vet so i am waiting on my partner to come home from work so i can go down to the vets to see what is happening. But that's another 2 hours away.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vet still hasnt been in contact with me so i am taking this as a glimmer of hope that nothing bad has happened and that he is still hanging on.

My partner due home in an hour now, before i go out there and get the verdict on what is happening. Something about phoning them just scares me.

I have a massive head ache and havent been able to eat anything today, i feel like throwing up. Will try to post the verdict when i get home from the vets, if you all dont hear from me tonight, then it will definately be in the morning.

I am going to need all the support i can get.

Edited by Pepi

As you say - no news is good news.

:crossfinger: for your dog, Pepi.

It's the glimmer of hope i am holding onto, that's for sure.

My whole family is worried about him. Even Dad who claims not to like him is asking how he is doing and Mum said she is scared for the outcome as well.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes. I went to see my baby last night and unfortunately there are no changes. Everytime he tries to wake up the seizures are starting again so they're giving him regular Phenobarbitone to keep them under control and him sedated. I didnt know Phenobarbitone sedates, but the nurse seemed confident it does.

They told me all i can do now is wait and see. I wanted to go see him again this morning but i am feeling so weak i can barely walk and stand on my feet. It was a restless night, there were no calls from the vet, and the nurse did say last night if i didnt hear from them to consider it good news, in that he hasnt gotten any worse or nothing bad has happened.

Will keep everyone posted.

Holding u in my thoughts :)

Thanks so much. Means a lot to me to know a bunch of 'strangers' who share a common love for our pets can reach out and support another so much.

Any news today Pepi?

You asked earlier if my boy had heart problems, no he didn't. He suffered the usual "old age" illnesses like arthritis and all the blood tests which were done late last year came back normal. It was very sudden and I wasn't prepared for it at all.

Fingers crossed that your little boy pulls through. Hugs to you :hugs: