My 15 Year Old Toy Poodle Had A Seizure This Morning & Is At The E

Pepi

Glad you are feeling more comfortable with the care he's getting. :)

With the previous vet's "no visitor' policy .. while it may seem callous to you- ,remember your dog had massive seizures, and has a heart condition. Perhaps they thought any excitement may well have triggered another episode, which may have been disastrous :o

I think they were right .

Now, he is stronger and not seizing, so your visit may well help.

Even prior to the seizures he was feeling off - i am a panic person and when he wasnt slighly well i'd rush him into the vets & they'd keep him there for the day, they would never let me see him :rofl:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else i love about this vet is i asked him if i could visit pepi tomorrow and he said "of course you can, anytime" i was in tears when he said this as the other vets had a 'no visitor' policy.

I completely understand this. When my Chloe went in for her leg operations, I missed her so much I went in to visit her. I have to say, I'd never do it again. It was extremely upsetting for both of us, she SO wanted to come home or for us to stay, she became very anxious and cried a cry that tore through my heart. Never again. I now trust that if she has to stay in at the vet, she is getting the best care she can and doesn't need me coming and going to upset her.

With a frail dog, I'd advise against it even more.

What else i love about this vet is i asked him if i could visit pepi tomorrow and he said "of course you can, anytime" i was in tears when he said this as the other vets had a 'no visitor' policy.

I completely understand this. When my Chloe went in for her leg operations, I missed her so much I went in to visit her. I have to say, I'd never do it again. It was extremely upsetting for both of us, she SO wanted to come home or for us to stay, she became very anxious and cried a cry that tore through my heart. Never again. I now trust that if she has to stay in at the vet, she is getting the best care she can and doesn't need me coming and going to upset her.

With a frail dog, I'd advise against it even more.

I agree. It stresses them when you arrive and even more when you leave them behind. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::cry::) You are going through such a difficult time at the moment. Pepi is an elderly, frail gentleman of the dog world who's putting up a good fight by the sound of it. My toy poodle was nearly 16 when I assisted him over the bridge, one of the most difficult decisions I've ever made but the right one at the time for him. I hope you have a bit more time with your beloved Pepi.

I went to see my little man yesterday and he seems to be doing well. He is a fussy eater so i took him his favorite foods to have - milk, Vienna Sausage, Corn & Cucumber

They are contiuing with the fluid therapy and he is responding well with producing large amount of urine to elimiate toxins, the vet is running more blood tests this morning to see how well this treatment has been working for the last few days and will get back to me during the course of the day.

Other than that he is doing well, sitting, standing and walking in small amounts, alert and seeking company as he usually does.

When we went in yesterday the vet we saw on Monday to admit him in wasnt there, we saw another lovely lady, who is absolutely a beautiful person who takes a lot of time to explain things and allowed us to see our baby, she was gobbsmacked and horrified with the things i was telling her our regular vet and the emergency vet had told us about giving him a 5% chance of waking and the emergency vet telling us she has never seen an animal in his state walk out of there alive and when my partner saw our little boys eyes moving she told him he was only hoping he could move his eyes as he was brain dead and not capable of moving his eyes. She stood there in disbelief at what we were telling her and said she cant believe we were told that at all.

Partner and i are actully so mad with what they told us, how they had treated us and how they treated my little man and not being able to discover his kidney failure despite me taking him in and admiting him sometimes up to 2 times a week with symptoms we are wanting to call up A Current Affair to warn other pet owners who may be taking their pets to these vets and trusting them to watch out.

My heart aches to think how many animals they've destroyed that they could've saved and how many animals they've mis diagnosed. I dont want another pet owner to go through what ive gone through.

We love our new vet so much, partner is wanting to advertise for them at his business to spread the word around for the very best vet in Adelaide and possibly Australia wide.

I have an update :laugh::):laugh:

I just called the vet and he said he is continuing to make good and steady progress. He is responding well to treatment and running another lot of bloods tomorrow. He is still unstable on his feet but the vet said this is due to all the sedation that was given to him and with time will wear off. But he is able to sit and stand for short periods and take a few steps here and there before he falls over.

He has made so much progress the vets are confident to send him home for the weekend unless something happens between now and Saturday morning.

Ive been asked to give them a call tomorrow lunch time and we're going to go from there!!

Thankyou everyone. I am so glad to have had the support of all the members. I cant wait to have my boy back in my arms, the house is so lonely without him.

He is going to need extra care at home but well worth it just to have him by my side.

Will get pics of his home coming when he arrives and post them up. Will keep posting updates as i hear them.

I am so excited part of me wants to shout it out from the roof tops that my little Angel Eyes is coming home soon. Yippeee!!!!

All I can say is... with love and dedication like that it's no wonder he's still going strong at 15 years of age :o

Bless your loyalty to your boy, he must be very special indeed. Can't wait to see pics :shrug:

Awww, thankyou. He sure is one special little 4 legged angel. I'd certainly do anything for him and i do mean anything. I'd walk around this earth on hot coals a hundred times if it made him well and helped him or simply made him happy.

I feel like a kid on Xmas day waiting on his return, there's no words to describe how i truely feel.

Well done to this marvelous new vet and staff. I owe it all to them. Had i left him where he was he wouldnt be with us today.

:( to those vets who are true and genuine animal lovers and are in the industry to help the animals. :(

I feel like a kid on Xmas day waiting on his return, there's no words to describe how i truely feel.

I do remember that feeling everytime Chloe comes home from a hospital stay... and of course, the day Sasha arrived to me :)

I'm very happy that things are going so well... and I agree, it's VERY hard to find a good vet that you trust. Hold onto that one!