My 15 Year Old Toy Poodle Had A Seizure This Morning & Is At The E

Pepi

So sorry Pepi I feel your pain as I am sure many do, I can only tell you what I do when I lose one and its a ritual I do everytime.

I write the life story of the dog, the good, the bad, the funny and the normal, it makes me recall all those great times I had and I have it documented so I will never forget the little things, once you start writing its amazing how much you remember.

As for the paw print I got a kids plaster cast mould from a toy shop and did a mould of my dogs foot in that, I suppose failing that Plaster of Paris etc at hardware shop.

my threads are in the rainbow bridge section October 2006 and March 2008 for the dogs stories I wrote.

Hugs

I want to get a mould/casting of his paw print, can any suggest how i would have this done before i lay him to rest? Does anyone know who can do this? I am in Adelaide. :cry:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepi,

So sorry to hear about your loss... you did all that you could and he fought so hard and for so long, but he is free of pain now.

I am sure he wouldn't want you to be so sad and I understand that everything around you will be reminding you of him, but think of the good times you had together, talk to your OH and don't get too disheartened, I am sure he wouldn't want you to fall apart and instead you should grow strong.

There are lots of us DOLers here in SA, so if you need a chat, a cry or just to be around some dogs, come to one of our meets.

:cry:

Andrew

Pepi, I'm very sorry you aren't coping...

I have a suggestion, and only you can decide if it's something you are ready for, or want to do... just an idea that might help you to take your mind off your sadness. It might not be for everyone though.

I had to leave my old girl Chloe with my Mum because she is not well, and needs constant supervision - something I can't give as I have to work. I felt miserable, I felt guilty - even though I spend heaps of time with her, take care of all her medical needs etc - I just felt awful that she could no longer live with me (even though she is MUCH happier with my mum!). It's not the same thing, but I was really torn. But Chloe has taught me many things in life, and I feel I owed her something more. So, I started looking at ways I could help dogs that have never felt the love and happiness that she has. It all started with visiting the forums, then helping to sell raffle tickets, then finally I adopted my new girl Sasha (something I was hesitant to do as I didn't want to 'replace' Chloe's spot in my life). Eventually, when I feel Sasha is ready - I can hopefully become a foster carer. I feel that I am repaying everything Chloe has given me by helping dogs that are not as fortunate as her... and I feel I do her some justice. She inspired me to want to help others that have been dealt a sh!tty hand in life so far. I wish I could do more, and it's something I'm working towards.

Perhaps, in Pepi's memory - it might help you to help other dogs who would love to have the kind of life that Pepi had. Even if it's just selling some raffle tickets for fundraising... or gathering items needed for a shelter/rescue org (like old blankets, bedding, toys, something to make a dogs life happier) from family, friends, work colleagues or from people in your street. It might take your mind off your immediate sadness, and feel that you have a purpose and that you are doing something to honour Pepi's memory for his fellow furry friends.

I don't know, it's just an idea that might help pull you up from your terrible sadness.

I hope you can find some solace, and even begin to smile again when you think of Pepi.

I want to get a mould/casting of his paw print, can any suggest how i would have this done before i lay him to rest? Does anyone know who can do this? I am in Adelaide. :laugh:

Hi Pepi,

It may all seem totally helpless at the moment, but please believe us when we say it does get easier day by day.

You will be totally surprised when you look back in time and realise just how strong you are.

A DOL member posted this thread the other day http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...46&hl=uneik

I thought that you might like to have Pepi's paw print done into a pendant that you can wear always? I plan to do this for my boy and only wish I had know about this before our family dog passed last year.

Hang in there, believe me Pepi would want you to remember the good times and he knows you did all that you possibly could.

xx liv

Pepi- I am so sorry you are feeling very bad :D :laugh:

Your little dog has been fighting such a hard fight these past weeks , and his body was just worn out. The vets were keeping him going for you, but he obviously was very ,very , tired, and had to stop.

You no longer have him warm to cuddle, but, after they die, I always like to think of a dog's spirit, romping over the bridge, and racing around, ears flapping in the breeze, smiling, and pain free! I am sure that is a true picture- I honestly believe they ARE somewhere- happy and comfortable forever.

Thinking of you - it will be very hard for a while..

it is not your fault, and not the vet's fault. It was Pepi's tiny body that badly needed a rest ,and it was his time.

Take care

:laugh:

Hi Pepi It's ricegirl from RC. Really sorry to hear Pepi didn't make it, I was following your updates over there and was really happy to hear he had pulled through. It seems unfair he was taken like this after all of that and you must be completely devastated. You did absolutely everything in your power that you could do for your boy and he knew that.

I lost my beloved girl in February, I have never felt pain like it. I was a mess the first few nights, I didn't know when I would be able to stop the tears and start coping. What really helped me in the end was getting out of the house and going away for a few days - if you can do this you won't regret it as it helps so much, think of it as a time of healing. On this trip I came to a simple realisation - She had a great life.

We cannot control disease, illness or age but we can ensure that each day that they are beside us are the absolute best. What more can you ask of yourself than to give them this?

Thankfully, I think we are designed to hurt less as time passes. You never ever forget the special souls who pass through your life but you learn to accept that some are here only for a short time, it doesn't mean you love them any less if/when you find another to take their physical place. The heaven I believe in has all of my special pets waiting for me there :laugh:

On this trip I came to a simple realisation - She had a great life.

We cannot control disease, illness or age but we can ensure that each day that they are beside us are the absolute best. What more can you ask of yourself than to give them this?

Amen to that :laugh:

My sympathies, Pepi, it's a very hard time, and nothing much helps, except the passing of time.

His body was tired, although his spirit was strong. His spirit decided to leave the worn shell that was his body, and go over the Rainbow Bridge, where the spirts of our friends go to wait for us, until we finally join them. He didn't want to leave you, but he knew it was time. Their span on this earth is never as long as ours, and so we experience grief each time one of our friends leaves us.

The weather is always mild, the grass is always just right for romping and rolling, the streams flow endlessly with crystal water, the gentle breezes stir their fur and bring exciting scents for them to follow. There are other friendly dogs to play with, and time passes quickly, until at last, their beloved masters join them.

Grieving, feeling so sad, and missing him is normal - but don't grieve for him, his spirit is free and romping in the empyrean fields, and there are no regrets about the wonderful life you gave him.

Oh Pepi, I am so extremely sorry to hear this :laugh: but please take it from someone who lost her bestest friend ever only 2 months ago, it does get easier for you and you will find things that will help you heal. You will go through all the usual emotions involved in the grieving process until you finally find some sort of understanding and comfort in what happened. The pain will subside but you will never forget your little boy.

Someone very dear to me told me that it's all the "firsts" that are the most difficult...the first day without him, the first walk without him, the first weekend etc etc, and she was so right. Once you get through each "first", the seconds are easier to cope with.

Take your time with the grieving process Pepi and comfort yourself in knowing that you did ALL you could have for him and as everyone else has said...it was his time. God is short on Angels at the moment and is busily recruiting new ones.

Hugs to you Pepi :laugh:

Pepi - I check your thread periodically and have just come across your sad news. My condolences to you. It won't help you just now as the wound to your heart is too raw, but know that there are many who support you - either for the sadness they cannot imagine because they haven't yet loved and lost their best canine companion, or for the sadness they can imagine because they have, and they know your pain and feel your loss.

You did everything possible to help Pepi - he will have known that. He's not gone ..... he's in your heart, and he'll be looking down upon you, worrying for your upset. Allow yourself the time to grieve and don't feel you need to rush to change those things that are your bitter sweet reminders. Give yourself the luxury of time. Time does make a difference. But know that regardless of time, Pepi will always be with you.

:)

my sympathies ...you little fellow had a wonderful long life with you and knew he was well loved and cherished. It was time for him to journey along a path that you cannot yet travel but rest assured his spirit is rejoicing with restored vigor.

until you meet again he will live in your heart which is filled with the memories you made during your journey together... you will get thru the pain of loss and know that it was all well worth it.

Hugs

helen

Oh Pepi, I am so extremely sorry to hear this :thumbsup: but please take it from someone who lost her bestest friend ever only 2 months ago, it does get easier for you and you will find things that will help you heal. You will go through all the usual emotions involved in the grieving process until you finally find some sort of understanding and comfort in what happened. The pain will subside but you will never forget your little boy.

Someone very dear to me told me that it's all the "firsts" that are the most difficult...the first day without him, the first walk without him, the first weekend etc etc, and she was so right. Once you get through each "first", the seconds are easier to cope with.

Take your time with the grieving process Pepi and comfort yourself in knowing that you did ALL you could have for him and as everyone else has said...it was his time. God is short on Angels at the moment and is busily recruiting new ones.

Hugs to you Pepi :)

What Kelpie-i said. I was so very sorry to hear that Pepi had lost his fight - but what a great little dog he must have been. You will treasure the lovely memories you have of him, and the sharpness of the pain will fade - until you read of others losing their beloved dogs - then the tears will flow again - believe me. But you will be there to support others, as they are here to support you.

:rofl: R.I.P. dear Pepi

So sorry to hear that Pepi has gone to the "Bridge". Be comforted in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life. He is free from pain and discomfort and has left you with many happy memories to get you thru this tough time.

I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face :rofl: Pepi and your story has touched many hearts here on DOL and we are here for you if you need to talk. Each day does get better even tho' it's hard to imagine at the moment. :rofl: to you.

I am so sorry to hear this news. :thumbsup: Pepi put up a good fight but once their kidneys start to fail, sadly the rest of the body often follows suit. I lost a cat recently to pancreatitis. Unfortunately it hadn't been treated by his previous owner so he was a very sick kitty. He spent two weeks at the vets on fluids and seemed to be doing really well, but as soon as we stopped the fluids, he crashed and I had to have him PTS. :) Our animals can't tell us how they feel and they often put on a brave face. Sometimes we don't realise just how sick they are.

It is devastating to lose a pet, there is no pain like it. But please know that your gorgeous Pepi will always be with you. I believe their spirits stay with us and have had this confirmed when I was 'visited' by a departed pet. Allow yourself to grieve but open your heart and your mind and you will realise he is still around. Sending you massive hug.

hello :thumbsup: *brave face*

everyone's already said all there is about all the great things you've done for your beautiful pepi ... and srsly, there's nothing more i can add in that regard :)

can i just tell you tho that there's this place that i heard about and it's just this side of rainbow bridge ... they call it the golden meadow and it's always spring there and it's where all our beloved pets play and run and wait without pain, perfect health returned! there's bubbling brooks to splash around in and butterflies to chase and the softest green grass, like velvet, beneath their feet and so many games to play with all the other furry friends that wait ... and when our time comes and as you draw near, a light breeze tingles along your beloved pet's body, quivering with anticipation, and it stops, it looks in your direction as you approach the golden meadow and those familiar sounds of pleasure and excitement that are now so distant in your memory again ring in your heart and then the caress of your long lost pet's body against yours when you finally meet again and as you both then fall in step, you cross the rainbow bridge together...

that's all i wanted to tell you :cry:

oh, and to agree with kody's mum about the paw print pendant ... it would keep a beautiful memory close to your heart :cry:

• 4 weeks later...