Herding At Erskine Park

whats happening with herding training at EP?with no sheep hence no training will there be trials held this year?

They're working out the no sheep issue... just taking longer than they had originally thought.

whats happening with herding training at EP?with no sheep hence no training will there be trials held this year?

They're working out the no sheep issue... just taking longer than they had originally thought.

again :)

There are problems trying to find a new sheep manager. If anyone knows someone with the relevant experience or qualifications who may take the job PM me and I will forward a copy of the contract.

Everything possible at this stage is being done to try to find a suitable person but it has proved very difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard that politics and infighting caused the last stock manager to resign.Maybe he could be talked into coming back or he might be able to suggest someone.Seems that some people didnt know what a good thing they had

Heard that politics and infighting caused the last stock manager to resign.Maybe he could be talked into coming back or he might be able to suggest someone.Seems that some people didnt know what a good thing they had

Hello Nick4t7:) Could you tell us more on what the politics and infighting were to make the last stock manager resign?

I have heard the problems are with the insurance requirements???

Dogs NSW are asking in their contract for the sheep manager to have 3 types of insurance - Workers compensation, Professional Indemnity and public liability. They are offering as payment per year to the sheep manager $3000. We have not found anyone that will sign the contract for 3 years that can get the 3 types of insurance. We had one man who put a resume in, and rang the CEO to discuss the contract but he was told there was no room for negotiations on the contract so he backed out as he was not willing to sign something that he could not fullfil. Enquiries into the cost of the insurance have ranged. One insurance company has said that they dont give workers compensation out to someone with wages under $7500. and that it was illegal under that. The Professional Indemnity was quoted at $1800 to $2000 a year.

Hello Nick4t7:) Could you tell us more on what the politics and infighting were to make the last stock manager resign?

I am also inetersted to know what politics and infighting? To my knowledge the last sheep manager resigned when the after board elected someone else in as chair of the Sporting Committee.

Edited to make clearer

Edited by Janba

I am also inetersted to know what politics and infighting? To my knowledge the last sheep manager resigned when the after board elected someone else in as chair of the Sporting Committee.

Edited to make clearer

just saying what i heard maybe someone could tell us if it is right.you mention the sporting committee maybe that was it 'seems stock manager is a lot of work for not much reward .as i said didnt know what a good thing they had

Edited by nick4t7

Edited to make clearer

just saying what i heard maybe someone could tell us if it is right.you mention the sporting committee maybe that was it 'seems stock manager is a lot of work for not much reward .as i said didnt know what a good thing they had

We knew what we had.

• 2 months later...

Herding training resumes Sat 26/6 and Sun 27/6 9am to 3pm both days. Lunch is 12-1. You need to be a DogsNSW member to train on Saturdays and a Aust Stockdog Club member to train on Sundays. 1st Sat of the month is run by the NSW herding Association and you need to be a member of that club to train. Membership is for insurance purposes.