Litters Due In May 2010

gapvic

Taking Kalais into the vet today. She would be 2 weeks along and is having some small amount discharge. Doesnt smell. Last night it was yellowish, today its whitish/creamy. Ive taken her temp, which was fine(38.1) , however she maybe isnt as lively today as normal. Her mother had exactly the same thing at 2 weeks along and went on to ABs incase of infection, no issues and she had 8 pups. Im not too concerned at this stage, but better to err on the side of caution.

Best to err on the side of caution with that especially after the scare we had earlier in March.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baileys mum, does your vet sell Advance? My guess is they do and are trying to "sell" it to you.

She probably thinks Eagle Pack cant be any good since she has never heard of it. Ive recently gone from a complete BARF diet to supplementing with Eagle Pack Holisitc (now named holistic select). I don't like advance or science diet as they both had cereals/grains listed as their first ingredients.

Will your bitch eat chicken wings/necks? Try supplementing her diet with those if your worried about calcium.

For the record I'm confidant both my girls are pregnant. Ive had %100 accuracy so far with "predictions" (not just my own dogs),lets see if I can keep up my record,lol. I have thought both are pregnant since last weekend, so Kijana was only a week along, Yet she is more obvious than Kalais. Both have had phantoms before(so did their mother) but this is different.

What happened in March Ravensmyst?

Yeah it's funny how many vets have never heard of Eagle pack.

My vet does sell Advance, & she actually confinced me into buying some of the puppy rehydratable to feed to Brandy. However I compared the calcium in the Holistic Select with the Advance, & the Holistic Select actually has a higher calcium percentage. So I'm going to keep feeding her the Eagle pack & might save the Advance puppy for weaning the pups.

Brandy really got her appetite back this morning & very eagerly tucked into a bowl of the Holistic select ,so that's a bit of a relief. She also enjoys getting a raw chicken wing every other day.

I will be crossing my fingers & sending some puppy dust your way that you receive good news for both your girls.

Edited by Baileys mum

Baileys mum, does your vet sell Advance? My guess is they do and are trying to "sell" it to you.

She probably thinks Eagle Pack cant be any good since she has never heard of it. Ive recently gone from a complete BARF diet to supplementing with Eagle Pack Holisitc (now named holistic select). I don't like advance or science diet as they both had cereals/grains listed as their first ingredients.

Will your bitch eat chicken wings/necks? Try supplementing her diet with those if your worried about calcium.

For the record I'm confidant both my girls are pregnant. Ive had %100 accuracy so far with "predictions" (not just my own dogs),lets see if I can keep up my record,lol. I have thought both are pregnant since last weekend, so Kijana was only a week along, Yet she is more obvious than Kalais. Both have had phantoms before(so did their mother) but this is different.

What happened in March Ravensmyst?

Vet thought she had Pyometra because of the discharge and fluid in her uterus so advised we have her desexed. On second opinion by another vet it was advised it was nothing more than a case of vaginitis. Thank god for the second vet or that would have been 10+ puppies lost.

Been to the vet. He's not too concerned either as everything else all looks good, possible just a minor vaginal infection so has ABs to go on with.

Our bitch had it with both attempts at a mating and we were very lucky this time and she is 5 wks 5 days and HUGE. We learnt from her first mating when she had a real smelly discharge that ended up black brown colour and lasted for about a week even though she was on antibiotics. This time we cleaned her out with a course of Baytril, then Amoyl now she is living on Noraclav and will for the remainder of the pregnancy. She is getting swabbed every couple of weeks just to see what is going on as on both matings the day after she gets inseminated she has a real smelly discharge. The vet says it is just the end of her cycle but I could of cried when I seen/smelt it the second time. But all is good and she is getting wrapped in cotton wool.

Who did you use on your matings? We are expecting a litter to Nightquest Poseidon on the 30th April :shrug:

Kayo won't start to expand for another week or so (I don't have ultrasounds done unless problems are suspected). She was eating like a pig up until yesterday and now she's back to normal.

She's either starting to slow down (which is good), or she's aborting (which is bad), or she's just having a phantom (which is also not so great).

I will know by next week. If she develops baby guts, we're on a winner. :thumbsup:

Well my Brandy's belly seems like it has expanded overnight :) You can really feel how much heavier she has got when she sits on my lap. I will have to get some belly piccies to show you all.

She has got a little over 3 weeks to go & has become incredibly sooky & feeling sorry for herself, she has become very attached to me, I like to call her my little velcro girl ;) She still has some play left in her & sometimes forgets herself & starts to rough play with the other dogs, but I usually put a quick stop to it if she becomes too rough. She is also still enjoying her daily walks.

She is still being a little picky with her food, mainly with her kibble. She will eat raw & cooked mince & raw bones, but has now completely gone off the Holistic select dry food.

I have been trying her with a little bit of the Advance puppy food, & she will eat some of it if I hand feed it to her, & I have also been soaking some of it & mixing it thru her mince, which she seems to be eating aswell. It's very frustrating as she is normally a very good eater & very rarely fussy.We've also split her food in half & feeding her morning & night to make it easier for her.

Over Easter my hubby said that he had some work to do in his work shop. He was very busy for a couple of days , but wouldn't tell me what he was doing, he just kept saying it was a surprise.

Anyway he came home on the 2nd night & walked in carrying a brand new whelping box, which he had built himself. :laugh: It was such a wonderful surprise & looks very professionally built. He has also saved us a stack of money as I had every intention of buying a new one, but his one IMO is just as good. So I beleive I have one of the best hubby's in the world. He is also very excited about this litter, but I keep saying to him if he will still be excited when there is stacks of poo & wee to clean up , & noisy pups giving him a headache. :o He says none of that will annoy him at all. But we shall see. :)

I have put the whelping box in the family room for now (will be moving it to quieter quarters as the date gets nearer) so Brandy can get aquainted with it. We have filled iit full of comfy blankets & encouraging her to sleep in it. The other dogs try to get in it too & are very jelouse that she has a special box to sleep in and they don't. :)

I've also ordered a stack of whelping supplies over the net & have to go pick up my parcels tomorrow. I've already spent so much money just with setting up & vet bills so far, & I know I will be spending a hell of alot more before the pups are go off to their new homes, which doesn't worry me in the least, I'm actually enjoying buying all my whelping gear & am already planning what I am going to put in my puppy packs,but who was the crazy person that said breeding dogs was a great way to make money ? :(

Anyway that's enough of me rambling for one night, will try to get some belly piccies of Brandy lying in her new whelping box in the next couple of days to show you all.

I hope all the other expectant mummies & anxious owners are doing well, & sending some puppy dust your way if you are still in suspense. :)

cheers

Nicole

Love the photos Ravensmyst :laugh:

Congrats Derharv!

Fingers crossed for you Jencol.

We have our last show on Sunday before the girls start to get too big. Kalais is booked in for an ultrasound on Monday so hoping we get some good news. I wasnt going to have one but it got the better of me. I hate suspense. LOL.

:) Congratulations Derharv!! When is the due date approx?

Good luck for Monday Kaffy Magee!! I know what you mean about the suspense, it was such a relief when I got confirmation.

Great piccies Ravensmyst00 :laugh: How many weeks is she? It's so much easier to see the changes on a short haired breed. A little bit harder to see on my longer haired bitch until I roll her over & see how huge her belly & nipples are getting.

I still keep meaning to get piccies, but my camera is in my hubby's car & I keep forgettting to take it out. Will have to remember today when he gets home from work

The days seem to be flying now, only another 3 weeks approx till whelping time. ;)