Litters Due In May 2010

gapvic

RAVENSMYST00 bullmastiff pups due 1st May - 7 boys & 2 girls born 29th April

BAILEY'S MUM aust terrier pups due 2nd May - 5 boys & 3 girls born 28th April

ANGELSUN german pinscher pups due 2nd May - 1 boy & 4 girls born 30th April

KANATI whippet pups due 6th May - 4 boys & 2 girls born 8th May

ROSERED cavalier king charles pups due 7th May - 3 boys & 2 girls born 8th April

DERHARV GSD'S gsd pups due 10th May - 3 boys & 3 girls born 8th May

ELKIE1 norwegian elkhound pups due 10th May - 1 boy & 2 girls born 7th May

DARKRAI standard poodle pups due 11th May - 5 boys & 2 girls born 8th May

ASHANALI pointer pups due 12th May - 2 boys & 6 girls born 10th May

KAFFY MAGEE bullmastif pups due 15th May - 6 boys & 3 girls born 14th May

GAPVIC greyhound puppies due 18th May - 3 boys & 5 girls born 16th May

JENCOL smooth collie pups due 18th May

KAFFY MAGEE bullmastif pups due 22nd May - 7 boys & 4 girls born 18th May

COCKERLOVER spaniel pups due 22nd May

GONE TROPPO chihuahua pups due 30th May

Edited by gapvic

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for some Australian terrier puppies due 2nd May :D :(

ETA: this will be my first litter, & the waiting & the not knowing if she is or not , is driving me crazy. Will be taking my bitch for an ultrasound on about the 29th, so I hopefully will have some good news.

Edited by Baileys mum

Hi everyone, it's now been 24 days since Brandy's first mating, & 22 days since her last.

I rang up my vet about booking an utrasound & they like to do them 30 days from the last breeding, so she is booked in for next Thursday.

I'm feeling positive that we may have pups. Brandy is sleeping more than usual & her nipples look alot larger & are getting really pink. Her vulva is also still a little swollen.

She has also been really hungry, but in the last couple of days she seems to have lost her appetite a little. Is this normal at this stage? I always thought she would have a huge appetite all the way through her pregnancy, & possibly go off her food a little in the later stages. She could have a little morning sickness, but I haven't seen her vomit at all.

Anyway I might buy a cooked chook tonight & see if I can tempt her too eat some of that.

Her personality still seems the same, she's still happily playing with her toys & the other dogs, & is still enjoying her daily walks.She has always been a sweet affectionate girl, but she seems to have become even more affectionate in the last couple of weeks & has become my permanent lap dog. :laugh:

So all the signs are looking good so far, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet, (I know how bitches can trick their owners with false pregnancies ) but please wish us luck , & I will let you all know the verdict next week.

cheers, & I wish good luck to everyone else in this thread for May babies aswell. ;)

Nicole

Edited by Baileys mum

Taking Kalais into the vet today. She would be 2 weeks along and is having some small amount discharge. Doesnt smell. Last night it was yellowish, today its whitish/creamy. Ive taken her temp, which was fine(38.1) , however she maybe isnt as lively today as normal. Her mother had exactly the same thing at 2 weeks along and went on to ABs incase of infection, no issues and she had 8 pups. Im not too concerned at this stage, but better to err on the side of caution.

:cry::cry: I'm so excited, Brandy has been confirmed pregnant by ultrasound. The vet was able to see 3 pups but says it's possible there could be a couple of more in there hiding. :eek:

Being my first litter I haven't got any supplies yet, but I've just went shopping at Sways whelping supplies, & put in a huge order. :rofl: Yeah I know i've still got plenty of time to get everything, but I'm just so excited & want to be organized early. :rofl:

Next thing to organize is the whelping box, & vet bed. :eek:

Thanks Kaffy Magee, so far everythings going well. The vet said my girl is in great shape which is good to hear. I don't think she really looks pregnant yet although it's very hard to see anything with all her hair. :)

Her nipples are getting really big & she is sleeping more than usual. She is also being a bit fussy with her food. She has gone off the Eagle pack Holistic a bit, so I'm hoping this passes soon , as I wan't her to get the right nutrition.

The vet said to me if she doesn't eat a balanced diet & get the correct amount of calcium, she could get eclampsia, especially being a small dog. So this has me worried a bit.

My vet also said that I should stop feeding the Eagle pack (She has actually never heard of it ) & start feeding her Advance puppy food.

What do you all think of this? :eek: I always thought that the Eagle pack holistic select would be a better feed than Advance. :mad

I hope you don't have to wait for much longer, & you get some good news soon. :laugh:

Edited by Baileys mum

Congratulations Bailey's Mum! Are you nervous? I'm really nervous - we've had four litters, but three were c-sections and one was whelped elsewhere, so the May litter will be the first that (hopefully!!) we've actually whelped. I've only sat in on a birth once before. Luckily my boss is also a vet and she will hopefully be able to come and sit with us when Maddie goes into labour. I'm not worried about the rearing part, just the actual labour.

Oh - some useful things to have on hand that we've discovered from the other litters (one was ten, so that was a bit of a challenge!!) - bottle and teat, milk formula, whelping kit, scourban. Much easier to have them at home and not need them than need them, and have to rush out to track down :-). Anyone else have items to add to the list?

Yeah I'm kind of getting nervous, now that I've had time to let it sink in, I'm aware of all the things that can go wrong, but I'm trying to stay positive at the same time.

My mentor lives 3 hours away, so it is unlikely he will be able to be here, but has assured me he will be available via phone call. My neighbour across the road breeds Aust Silky terriers, & has offered to help if required, & my hubby will also make a very sensible assistant & will keep me sane. :eek: The vet is only a 5 minute drive up the rd for piece of mind, & they have already advised me that they charge $1,000.00 for a c-section.

I've also got a breed that has a reputation for being easy whelpers that rarely have problems, but that doesn't mean I won't be prepared for complications to happen.

Yep I ordered the $90.00 whelping kit, milk replacer & bottle , feeding syringes, & few other things from Sways whelping supplies store this morning, so I'm slowly getting myself organised. :mad

Nicole