Litters Due In May 2010

gapvic

;) Congratulations Kaffy Magee on your 2nd confirmed litter,(looks like she proved the vet wrong) :eek:

Congratulations also to Kanati whippets (wow!! your girl is looking big ) gapvic & RoseRed, & fingers crossed for you too Ashanali. :rofl: May all your girls whelp safely & have healthy puppies.

My girl gets bigger by the day, but no where near as big as Kanati whippets girl, but I am only expecting a small litter. With 12 days to go the poor girl is getting totally fed up. She lies around & sleeps alot now, but is also so restless & can't seem to ever get really comfortable. :)

She has us up alot during the night now, as she needs to go to the toilet alot more, & the poor thing has also had a couple of accidents in the house when she couldn't wake us up in time.

She is eating like a horse at the moment, which I am pleased about.

I took some photos on the weekend of her belly, which I haven't got round to uploading into my computer & photo bucket yet, but I think she has got a little bit bigger again in the last couple of days, so I will have to take some more.

So the time is getting closer, & I'm now feeling so nervous aswell as excited. Reading all the past litter threads has got me a little bit nervous (especially last Decembers thread, so many puppies & 1 bitch lost :rofl: ) My OH keeps telling me off for reading them, but I have to be realistic, & prepare myself for what could happen.

But I'm still staying positive, I have myself a healthy breed that are normally easy whelpers, so I'm hoping for the best out come. :rofl:

I was just wondering at what day would you normally be able to feel the puppies moving?

Nicole

Edited by Baileys mum

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add my "good luck" wishes to all the expectant owners.

It is terribly nerve wracking though. This is my girls first litter, so I'm just hoping all goes ok.

But I look forward to hearing about the safe arrivals of all the different puppies and seeing your photos :grouphug:

Here is some photos of my girl that I took on the weekend, She is about day 49 from the first mating in them. It's a bit hard see with her longer coat, & with the ones she is standing in, you wouldn't even think she is preggers. :D

035.jpg

021.jpg

007.jpg

016.jpg

034-1.jpg

She doesn't even look pregnant in this one :)

This is my preggy girl. We think only three in there but that's betterthan her last litter two years ago which only gave us one.

If she looks this pissed off and pathetic now, imagine what she'll be in a couple more weeks when she's almost ready to whelp!

post-2225-1271975275_thumb.jpg

I hope everyones beautiful girls are doing well. I know my two are. Im predicting Kijana is going to have a lot more than Kalais if size is anything to go by but the with Kalais being thicker set she just might be hiding it better. From now they will start to grow so fast, I'll post photos in another week. Im feeling more excited about it now I have made the decision to cut back on work hours. Most Bullmastiff breeders take the time off work as mums shouldnt be left with the bubs, so that means putting the babies on to feed every couple of hours, including through the night. I work evenigs so my OH was going to do the evening baby sitting until i got home at midnight. But I thought about it and Im going to be so tired trying to raise two litters and work 5-6 nights a week that I will cut back to 3 shifts. Im much more happier and looking more forward to it now. I was beginning to think "what the hell have i done" but alls good now,lol. I'll have mum come around during the day too to help me. She helped me bottle feed the girls and their siblings when they were babies and she is as excited as I am. Im lucky to have her help, cos I know Im going to need it,lol. Anyway I took these photos tonight.

Here is Kalais at 6 weeks along

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

And here is Kijana a week behind at 5 weeks

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Hi guys,

just letting you all know that it looks like I will have to join the April thread. :cry:

Brandy whelped 8 Aussie terrier puppies today. 5 Boys & 3 girls, all seem to be going well.

Highest weight 269g & lowest weight 189g.

First pup born at 1.20 pm & last pup born 4.45 pm, all whelped freely, with no complications, thank god. :rofl:

She is being a great mum & loves her pups, & is doing a great job of cleaning & feeding them, she also ate a huge meal of scrambled eggs & cooked chicken for dinner, so she is happy.

My OH & I still can't believe she had such a large litter, as we where confinced she was only going to have 3 or 4, & 8 pups is a huge litter for an Australian terrier. :)

Looks like we are in for a very busy couple of months. :)

I will put some photos up in the April thread tomorrow, as I'm absolutely exhausted at the moment. :rofl:

Nicole

Thanks Kaffy magee, Brandy is being an absolute sweet heart, I always had a feeling she would be a great mum, she only leave them, if she is absolutely desperate to go to the toilet,I have to feed her in the whelping box at the moment. Yes it is a massive litter for such a little dog, I'm still a little in shock by it, :) The little ones are so noisy, so I've given up getting any sleep tonight :) So I thought I would put a couple of piccies up. These piccies where taken not long after whelping, so please excuse the dirty towel. :cry::rofl:

023.jpg

014.jpg

021-1.jpg