Ellz' ...what Not To Wear!

ellz

I wanted to share that the outfits worn by the group/BIS winners at the Sydney Royal were LOVELY! I suggest that anyone wanting ideas to check out those photos because it really DOES matter what you wear in the ring. Dress for Success! :rofl:

eta: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...3386&st=135

Looking back over this thread, I guess might lead you to believe otherwise, but there are a lot of people who make an effort to wear suitable clothes and look the part, at all of our shows, no matter where they are held. And you will often hear of people talking about their new suit purchased for the big shows, it's all part of the fun. :)

Edited by nynka

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to share that the outfits worn by the group/BIS winners at the Sydney Royal were LOVELY! I suggest that anyone wanting ideas to check out those photos because it really DOES matter what you wear in the ring. Dress for Success! :laugh:

eta: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...3386&st=135

Looking back over this thread, I guess might lead you to believe otherwise, but there are a lot of people who make an effort to wear suitable clothes and look the part, at all of our shows, no matter where they are held. And you will often hear of people talking about their new suit purchased for the big shows, it's all part of the fun. :D

I certainly do. I dress nicely even for a parade. I still have a brand new suit tucked away which I've never even worn. Just waiting for the right occasion to bring it out! :D

I took quite a big break between show breeds and really noticed the difference. So between the early 1990's and 2003 I had noticed a big difference how people present themselves at shows. In 1990 if I had $1 for every person I saw wearing those god awful parachute material tracksuit outfits, I'd be rich.

When I came back in 2003 most people made the effort to look presentable for the shows. I think it's a good thing. I like glam at shows. The Americans still reign supreme but the Aussies are catching up.

Sorry lovey, beat you to it ages ago. I have a red one which I am still summing up the courage to wear because it is VERY VERY VERY bright!!!!!!!!! :(

I also have another "oriental" type jacket that I wore yesterday. Mr Ellz called me a Kungfu Fighter. It's pink cotton brocade with a small chinese style stand up collar and the front is done up with toggles.

post-864-1271037452_thumb.jpg[

Awww shucks!!!

Yours is very pretty though, I did find some really bold red and black ones... I have just been too scared to buy incase I get the wrong size.... might have to take a trip to spotlight and see if i can find a pattern for one.

I have all plain colored suits (black, mauve, mint etc etc) I want to get something a bit different or with a bit of a pattern to it.