Ellz' ...what Not To Wear!

ellz

A kind of light hearted thread. Poke fun at your own dog show fashion disasters! :( Newbies can probably learn from this!! :)

Colour is fine, "girls" could do with a tad more uplift!!

18apr09.jpg

Make sure nothing gapes....

26aug09.jpg

And don't kneel directly behind a black dog if you're wearing black pants......

dolly.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm .... tempted to post a shot of the time I was happily doing a triangle and my pants had fallen down somewhat ..... :)

Lesson - dont wear shiny pants over shiny tummy-sucker undies. Shiny pants will shimmy down! :(

Uummm reminds me of a major wardrobe malfunction. Elastic broke in knickers when I was going around. :o:)

Ooops Typos. :)

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Will have a hunt around... I have a very old photo of me at my first Royal Show (circa 1991) wearing a tartan kilt and white shirt :o May I just say that I was only just 15 and was told to wear it by my dog's breeder and I was too in awe (petrified :() of her to say no! :)

Then again, maybe it's best left buried.... :)

I don't have any photos of my very newbie days when i used to wear DOC Martens in the ring!

however this one probably tops that... at least for me i am not really into wearing short skirts however this suit fitted me well when i tried it on - pity i didn't take a photo of me wearing it before going in the ring! I think the last time i wore a skirt that short i was 15!

PerthRoyal2008.jpg

In my four months of showing I have learnt that if you are *ahem* well endowed make sure you wear the appropriate bra :):o

Ahhhh.....on that subject, I have just one word for you................ENELL!!! :(

I will never wear another "undergarment" to show in now. I cannot recommend them highly enough!!! :)

In my four months of showing I have learnt that if you are *ahem* well endowed make sure you wear the appropriate bra :) ;)

Ahhhh.....on that subject, I have just one word for you................ENELL!!! :(

I will never wear another "undergarment" to show in now. I cannot recommend them highly enough!!! :rofl:

:) Yep they are brilliant, I have a few for horseriding :(

It just didn't occur to me :mad that I would need an appropriate bra to run around a show ring a couple of times.

The black lacy number I was wearing just didn't cut it :o:)

In my four months of showing I have learnt that if you are *ahem* well endowed make sure you wear the appropriate bra :(:)

Excactly. I have one that I keep especially for showing. I feel like a trussed-up chicken in it, but it reduces the bounce-factor beautifully. :o

Will have a hunt around... I have a very old photo of me at my first Royal Show (circa 1991) wearing a tartan kilt and white shirt :) May I just say that I was only just 15 and was told to wear it by my dog's breeder and I was too in awe (petrified :() of her to say no! ;)

Then again, maybe it's best left buried.... :o

oooh I have that one on video!! - you're just lucky I dont have the technology to get it onto the pooter!! :mad:)

Also on video I have me showing a dog circa 1985 in too small yellow t-shirt and too big "bubblegum" jeans - Fortunately no photos but it is quite the look :( But then I was a dorky 11yo and showing was a lot more relaxed in those days!! Wearing a suit would have made you look out of place :)

:D Love threads like this LOL

I remember the time I went on a weekend away to shows with a friend and left all my show clothes at home :eek: She lent me some of hers and I was a 12 and she was an 8 :eek: Glad I didnt get any pic's of that weekend ;)

Do remember when showing at a Lhasa show once a woman was running around the ring and the elastic went in the undies and she never even blinked an eye lid , stepped out of them and kept running :eek::rofl::eek:

I have never forgotten it and always get a grin when I think of the saying the "Show must go on " :laugh:

Edited by carlibud

Do remember when showing at a Lhasa show once a woman was running around the ring and the elastic went in the undies and she never even blinked an eye lid , stepped out of them and kept running :rofl: :D :eek:

I have never forgotten it and always get a grin when I think of the saying the "Show must go on " :laugh:

That's priceless ;)

Will have a hunt around... I have a very old photo of me at my first Royal Show (circa 1991) wearing a tartan kilt and white shirt :rofl: May I just say that I was only just 15 and was told to wear it by my dog's breeder and I was too in awe (petrified :laugh: ) of her to say no! :eek:

Then again, maybe it's best left buried.... :D

oooh I have that one on video!! - you're just lucky I dont have the technology to get it onto the pooter!! :eek: ;)

Also on video I have me showing a dog circa 1985 in too small yellow t-shirt and too big "bubblegum" jeans - Fortunately no photos but it is quite the look :eek: But then I was a dorky 11yo and showing was a lot more relaxed in those days!! Wearing a suit would have made you look out of place :eek:

I think we need a video night at Winparas house!