Furious At Sil

HugUrPup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, and that you've seen your "neighbour" walking the dog without a leash, you've heard that it has attacked a small dog before and are concerned for your small dogs' safety. SOunds good to me.

No dog deserves to be attacked just because some f---wit like this gets around. Time to stop these people if we can.

I think if you want to stay on good terms with your SIL and daughter you may have to just let it go. In the end they are over 18 (I presume) bought their dogs and can breed them if they want. You have done all you can. Be there as a resource as the more you tell people what they shouldn't do the more likely they are to do it. ie they will do whatever they want. Try some reverse psychology.

The Amstaff thing is an issue, I can't now claim she is a PB and that is my doing :rolleyes: I didn't know she was intact.. for some stupid reason I presumed she was desexed and I never thought that my SIL would put her pure bred Golden Retriever with this dog.. it never crossed my mind and when she mentioned it my jaw hit the floor.

I'm not sure there is anyway I can stop this happening other than getting her to read threads there and educate herself.. but then again, I already spent hours and hours educating her when she was going to buy the boxer x at the pet shop.. I thought she had learned something then.

:o

She obviously has cute puppy syndrome, Id encourage her to join the forum, but while she is waiting to get her approval to post, id get her to do a lot of reading, because being able to read the threads and not reply in them is great for listening to others opinions

But Im only posting here as a newbie myself

Unfortunately, not everyone is capable of learning about responsible dog ownership. This situation is repeated, daily, all over this country. There are just so many idiots with dogs and it's not illegal to be stupid. :coffee:

I would have thought, re: the pitty, that the council would require evidence of breed rather than simply accepting the word of the owner that it's not a pitty? I just feel very sorry for this bitch, it's not her fault she's a pitty and it's not her fault she's got stupid owners. But she may end up paying the ultimate price anyway. :o

I thought she would get destroyed a few weeks ago when I got the call which is why I said for her to claim she is an Amstaff.. if there is a litter born from her or a dog or person attacked, I am going to feel so responsible for that. I know paying the ultimate price weeks ago would be such a shame considering it was the owners stupidity and not the dogs fault.. but having her pay the price after what could potentially happen now is even more frightening :coffee:

sigh

I sent her this

I was actually thinking about you today and the situation with your neighbours PittBull. I am really concerned that for one she has a dog which is under the BSL who is not spayed and for another, that she is in contact with a potentially great Golden Stud. Not only can Baz get her pregnant, he will also go roaming off to find sex if he isn't contained. She is more of a problem because she has already shown signs of aggression and her maternal instinct hasn't kicked in yet, which is bound to make her more aggressive. She is a disaster waiting to happen. You really need to encourage your neighbour to have her spayed. Perhaps join www.dogzonline.com.au and read some of their threads on back yard breeding and pitbulls and if your neighbour has net access get her to read up also.

If you breed with her pups you will be breeding an illegal breed under the BSL even if she is registered as an AMstaff, you both know what she really is and it's totally unethical and irresponsible.

If you take a walk through your local pound you will see dozens of cross breeds and pitbulls on death row. It's heartbreaking.. the pups Baz and your neighbours dog produce will be adding to those statistics. This is a serious issue.. please don't fob it off ok?

her reply, was along the lines of they are cute together but she won't x breed. I hope he wears a condom and practices safe sex on their play dates then.

waste of time :coffee:

Edited by puggerup

menacebear that sounds pretty much correct.

Apparently she claimed that the dog was mistaken identity? The dog was seized weeks after the alleged attack.

She wasn't registered when seized but was registered as Amstaff when returned and was not returned spayed.

Do you know how long she was held for? Or her name by any chance? I find it hard to believe any dog would be returned undesexed by them. The councils don't bother trying to have pits declered very often anymore. They very rarely win if it goes in front of the board and what is the chances the dog is actually pure pitbull and not a cross of some type anyway.

I also find it rather amusing that people who have commented in this thread think it would be better if the dog was PTS or held back at the pound pending a board decision rather than have a litter of cross breed puppies. No one knows if this dog even did attack the smaller dog or what happened and yet she would be the one to suffer because of what two morons thought was a good idea.

Have they actually mated yet? Isn't it against DogsVic rules to use a papered dog to cross breed with? If so report your SIL to them instead. Tell her she has ruined any chance she has of ever mating him with a registered golden. Get her in trouble. She's the one doing the wrong thing not the poor dog.

I was told by SIL that the dog ran out on the front lawn and attacked a smaller dog which had wondered on it. I asked if the small dog was on the lead and she didn't want to answer :coffee:

The dog has attacked, protecting her own property which she wasn't properly contained on because the owner either a) was irresponsible or b) the dog shot out through the front door so fast that she couldn't stop her (that was the story I was told).

I asked if she was desexed last night when she showed me the photos and she said no. I don't know the owners name, just where she lives. She pleaded guilty to some charge or another and the dog was returned registered as Amstaff and still intact *shrugs*

Either my SIL has it wrong and she is desexed, or she is lying to me, or the pound has well and truly messed up.

She was taken in on the 17th of February and recently released.. not sure exactly when though.

hmmmm she was claiming mistaken identity but when I asked how she got the dog back she said she pleaded guilty.. not sure what happened there..perhaps the identity thing was Pitbull rather than Amstaff?

Do you work for the pound menacbear? Can you check up?

Puggerup- perhaps you can explain to your SIL that dogs do not NEED to "find a girlfriend" to lead happy doggy lives...

her Golden will be quite content ,possibly MOREso if he never has a chance to run with an in season bitch,and better still ,if he is castrated.

Yeh I'll try and come from that angle too persephone. why is it that people think dogs MUST have a mate to be happy and content?

I honestly believe she wants to make money off him and there will be no way she gets him desexed. The neighbours PB is an even worse situation because she shouldn't be having litters with ANY breed.

Edited by puggerup