Epa Report

Steve

I've always had a thing about Frontline never liked it or trusted it. The vet made dad buy a 6 pack of it cos he didnt know better... told him to take it back... >_> SO to me it just seems like one of those things that some vets are pushed to sell.

Been using Revolution + Preventic Tick Collar and have had no fleas, earmites, ticks or any nasties. To me its a combo I trust... and since even "Dog" Revolution is safe for Cats I find it to be a trust worthy product.

The lady who bred Brutus spilt some front line on her kitchen lino... as it chewed holes in it she dicided she woudlnt be putting it on the dogs anymore! :thumbsup:

I see a lot of people saying that they use "whatever" and haven't had any fleas for years. How do they know they'd have fleas if they didn't use anything? I've never used any of those monthly/ etc flea products. The only time I've had any was after a show one time and I used a rinse, washed all bedding, sprayed the dog areas and never saw another one. I haven't lived in a tick or heart worm area so dont use those and cant comment on that but surely dripping poison into your dog's system on a regular basis cant be good.

I've never used regular flea products on my dogs either... only ever had him get fleas once when we were at someones house, gave him a capstar, washed all the bedding etc and never saw another flea again.

Me neither! Don't forget that garlic is a member of the onion family!

Just as an aside, there is absolutely no evidence that garlic works as a flea repellant. I think the original myth arose out of some poorly interpreted research. I, too, know people who swear by it but wouldn't use it myself.