Dad Kills Dog After Girl's Jaw Ripped Off

SwaY

http://www.news.com.au/world/dad-kills-dog...i-1225844555493

A BRAVE dad in South London stabbed his crazed pet dog to death after it savaged his two-year-old daughter ripping her jaw off.

The tiny tot was recovering overnight in an area hospital after the brutal attack at the family home, The Sun reported.

The devastated father watched in horror as the dangerous animal, believed to be a bull mastiff, mauled at his little girl's face.

He seized a knife and stabbed the dog to death.

Police and paramedics were called to the house in Eltham, South London, after the attack yesterday.

The girl, who hasn't been named yet, is on a ventilator and in a stable condition after suffering serious facial wounds.

absolutely horribly traumatic

BUT!!!!!

what the hell is going on

Its either a Bullmastiff or a Neo!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on with these people

The dog attacked a child already

the vet could not put the dog down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick of all this crap that goes on

sorry but that is my vent

A DAD stabbed his dog to death after it savaged his two-year-old daughter - ripping off her jaw.

Gareth Sim killed the Neapolitan mastiff with a kitchen knife when it bit little Taylor Leadbeater's face.

Neighbours said Gareth, 31, chased the dog called Trigger into the garden and punched and kicked it, before stabbing it to death.

One said: "He was playing with the dog and he turned away and it bit the girl on the face. He chased it out into the garden and stabbed it. He was covered in blood and holding a knife saying, 'I killed the dog, he bit my girl'."

Taylor was "stable" on a ventilator last night after an operation at London's St Thomas' Hospital.

Huge ... Neapolitan mastiffShe needed 70 stitches to deep lacerations to her jaw and mouth. She also has a ripped tear duct.

Police and paramedics were called to the family home in Eltham, South London, on Monday afternoon.

Distraught mum Charlene Leadbeater, 23, and Gareth, who also have a five-year-old son Ronnie, were at her bedside as she prepared for further face re-building operations.

Charlene sobbed: "She is too sick to talk about anything at the moment."

Gareth said: "I am still getting my head around it. She has got a couple of big operations still to go. It was my family dog and I can't really talk about it."

Cops interviewed him and seized their other dog, an alsatian. Another mastiff belonging to a relative had been in the house at the time of the attack.

Advertisement

Taylor's gran Alison Leadbeater, 40, revealed Trigger had bitten the tot's uncle Gary three weeks ago.

She said the dog was muzzled, apart from when it fed and drank.

Alison said the family had tried to find a new owner for Trigger after a vet said he could not put him down.

She said: "We begged the authorities, pleaded with them. We wanted the dog put down. But that would cost us £180 which we didn't have.

"The vets said he wasn't dangerous and could not be put down because he wasn't classified as dangerous. We couldn't just dump him."

Neapolitan mastiffs, which are not banned, can weigh up to 13 stone.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...l#ixzz0j50ukTZQ

Poor little kid, hope she recovers.

What a strange story. Surely the RSPCA would have taken the dog and euthed it, if they had asked? I thought the RSPCA in UK did that? Maybe not.

She said the dog was muzzled, apart from when it fed and drank.

Obviously not.

Some people have no idea.

It's a very weird sounding situation. Can afford a Neo and a GSD and to feed them but can't afford 180 pounds to pts and expected it done for free, keep dog muzzled and know it's recently bitten but have it unmuzzled in the same room as their small child, after child is bitten chase dog out into the yard and then take the time to kick and hit and stab it when surely the child is needing help for it's injuries at that time. Just sounds like a really strange setup.

Poor little girl.

It's a very weird sounding situation. Can afford a Neo and a GSD and to feed them but can't afford 180 pounds to pts and expected it done for free, keep dog muzzled and know it's recently bitten but have it unmuzzled in the same room as their small child, after child is bitten chase dog out into the yard and then take the time to kick and hit and stab it when surely the child is needing help for it's injuries at that time. Just sounds like a really strange setup.

Poor little girl.

I couldnt agree more

Poor little girl.

I couldnt agree more

No, not wierd.

OBSCENE.

Dogs like this have no place in our society.

Souff

"We wanted the dog put down. But that would cost us £180 which we didn't have. The vets said he wasn't dangerous and could not be put down because he wasn't classified as dangerous. We couldn't just dump him."
They tried to have the dog PTS but because the vet didn't consider the dog dangerous, he wouldn't do it.

The way I read it, they could have had him put down if they paid the cost. But no authorities would put him down without them paying because he wasn't declared a dangerous dog. :)

Edited by Diva

Yes very warped. Although I also wouldn't be keen on people being able to get out of responsibility for paying just by claiming their dog had bitten.

Edited by Diva

I wouldn't want people to be turned off getting their dangerous dogs PTS if they kind find the cash (or don't want to part with it).

The Vet could have at least billed him. The little girl wouldn't be in hospital right now if he did his job.