'shoo Tag'

Hi all,

I'm currently using all the usual methods to try and combat the summer flea problem and found 'shoo tag' whilst searching collars on line.

These are little tags that look like mini credit cards and hang from the dog’s collar. They are non-toxic. Apparently they work by using electromagnetic frequencies to create a protective barrier that lasts for about 4 months.

I was wondering if anyone has seen these used before and if they are effective?

Edited by lucylotto

We sell them at one of my workplaces and my boss has one on her lagotto. I've never seen a flea on him. I'll go and suss it out today :confused: (unless someone else comes here with a rave review first!)

I have one that I want to trial. Can't do it myself as I simply don't have a flea issue (*touch wood*). If you have a flea issue and would like to try one, please PM me your name and address and I'll send you one - no charge.

Only conditions are is that no other flea preventative is to be used (otherwise the trial is pretty useless) and that you need to report to me your findings over the period of the life of the tag.

If your in a high risk area for the paralysis tick, I don't know that I would trust them as a preventative to something that can otherwise be fatal to dogs, but for fleas I think it would be worth a shot - if it works, then natural is better. As to their success, other reports and people I've spoken to suggests it is a bit hit and miss. But I'd love for these tags to prove that for some dogs in some areas it does work. IMO avoiding the application of any chemical on our dogs when we can possibly help it has got to be a good thing.

Edited by Erny