Zinc Supplement

Stitch

I have fed liquid seaweed supplement before but can't get it from my usual supplier.

Is a zinc supplement available in anything other than seaweed (plus its doseage) ??

Also if you have used liquid seaweed supplement how much do you usually use per kg of dog?

My expert says you want Zn + Se on a daily basis.

I have found a product called Selvita, made from feral carp, is a good solution. Five drops a day is enough for a 30 kg dog. It's really strong stuff. They don't mention the Zn on this add, but the zinc content is quite high.

See

http://jsenthunting.com.au/selvita-working-dog.php.

I have fed liquid seaweed supplement before but can't get it from my usual supplier.

Is a zinc supplement available in anything other than seaweed (plus its doseage) ??

Also if you have used liquid seaweed supplement how much do you usually use per kg of dog?

edited to make the link work

Edited by sandgrubber

Thanks for that Sandgrubber, unfortunately the link didn't work for me.

Can you tell me where you get it???

Edited to add: It's OK I Googled it but I am not sure that is what I want.

Can I give human Zinc tablets?? If so, what dose??

Edited by STITCH

Thanks for that Sandgrubber, unfortunately the link didn't work for me.

Can you tell me where you get it???

Edited to add: It's OK I Googled it but I am not sure that is what I want.

Can I give human Zinc tablets?? If so, what dose??

zinc is water soluble and does not accumulate in the system . . . so use a fraction of a human dose, depending on your dog's weight, and the excess will be excreted. But I don't know why you'd supplement zinc alone . .. better to hit all the trace nutrients together.

• 2 weeks later...

I always use greenpet.com.au for all my supplements - ordering online is so easy. One stop shopping.

They have a liquid seaweed supplement

NATRAKELP 1 litre $24.50

Description

Is 100% pure organic seaweed. One of nature’s most mineral rich plants. Easily digested and assimilated, this product is rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acids and trace elements. Animals have always sought out seaweed for its health giving nutrients going so far as grazing these plants in salt water. An excellent food supplement for horses, cows, sheep, goat’s, pigs, poultry, dogs and cats. It can easily be added to food or water supply.

Hope that helps

I am definitely not an expert on kelp however I was told that there is a difference between brown kelp and plain seaweed in that the brown kelp was better.

Who knows, but kelp is even recommended for cancer patients and those with immune system disorders.