Gherkin

Gemelo

Gherks, the pug with the individual name everyone remembers.

Came into my life November 2007 and at 13 days old, picked you from your litter of 8. Little favourite.

Meeting you again at 5 weeks, you were a real little pugger then, big girl eating from the eating circle, then all running away to poop at once :thumbsup:

pugeatingcircle.jpg

Nanny didn't know you were coming home, poppy did though and took off, so when I walked up the backyard with you behind my back to Nanny who was pegging the clothes, Saying, Uh mum.. 'This is my new puppy Gherkin!' and running away yelling "dad said its ok" cemented that you were staying.

Puppy preschool, beating up the 12kg Shar Pei puppy at a whopping 2.6kg

Going 'boating' in a big plastic container in the swimming pool and getting to that big gangly stage, you definately werent a baby for long enough.

gherkyongrass.jpg

Too stubborn to be crate trained, you were definately a bed pug. I think the only time you used it was when you were desexed, after you did a huge anaesthetic piddle all over the lounge and there was nowhere else to sit!

sadpug2.jpg

You grew up way too fast and before we knew it your first birthday had arrived, having your own party complete with a pink iced cake.

birthday3.jpg

Always up for an outing and some extra attention, you were oh so patient when I made you a pink tu-tu for doggy day out

skirt.jpg

beaniehead.jpg

Everyone loves a pug in a beanie

We moved in to our house, You welcomed your new 'little' brother Sparky with open arms, even when he tried to dominate and hump you :rofl:

sparky4.jpg

Astronaught pug last easter, nobody else could get the egg box stuck on their head except you berky - takes someone extra spethal to manage that task.

astronaut.jpg

Nobody loves bathtime like the pugger

tubby1.jpg

Then you turned 2, and had a replica of your gorgeous self made for your cake.

Had a fantastic christmas a month later, unbeknownst to us, your last. Glad we made it extra special, toys galore, a new sandpit, new harness.

Gherk Im so So glad i decided to look through your photos tonight, after crying all day, it made me realise that even after you left me SO quickly today, that you had the best life we could have given you.

Love you Thorpie pug

Mum.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow a special post for a truley special pug. Didnt get to meet you sadly little gherk but even though you didnt get to the shows so far the stories of you did!

Kristy - its one of the hardest things to some here and post for your furkid, I know, but that was gorgeous. Made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Run free little pugger - find soph and the others! Watch over your family.

Bec, tobias and family.