Stunned By A Byb

melzawelza

I work at a boarding kennel in Sydney and arrived at work at 8am this morning to train the dogs.

We're closed over these four days however a small side gate was open for staff to arrive.

When I pulled in I saw one of the supervisors of the kennels talking to a dodgy looking old guy. He had a sort of amused/perplexed look on his face and I was thinking 'oh god, what is this guy up to', seeing as we were closed to the public!

Turns out the had pulled in through the staff gate while one of my fellow trainers were arriving. He asked her to speak to a manager. She told him no managers were on over the weekend but there were supervisors, but could she help him in anyway? He stated that it was too embarrassing to talk to her about.

So she went and got the supervisor

Basically he told him that he breeds cattle dogs, and his male just got hit by a car 2 days ago. His bitch had just come on heat unexpectedly but because the dog had been hit by a car he couldn't mount her. He said that usually he would just use one of the dogs down the road but 'he couldn't pass this dog up because he is so good'. He then proceeded to ask our kennel supervisor to 'help him give the dog a hand job into a condom'.

I was told this all when the guy was just leaving, and we could not believe it! I wanted to go after him to tell him that i'd pay for his bitch to be desexed, but I doubt he would take me up on the offer anyway.

What is wrong with people?! :laugh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..and the mold wasn't broken after that guy was made either. Plenty more where he came from.

stupid old fart probably bought a condom impregnated with spermacide anyway....

Edited by whippets

How do you know he wasn't breeding good working cattle dogs?

Would a person breeding good working cattle dogs pull into a boarding kennel at 8am when they are closed, and ask someone they'd never spoken to or met to help them whack off their dog into a condom?

I would think someone breeding good working cattle's would probably head to the vet instead if they really couldn't stand to 'waste' the dog, which is exactly what the supervisor told him to do. Or maybe they would wait till the bitch's next season.

Wouldn't you hope a person breeding "any dog" would take the sire to the vet if it was hit by a car?

And I'm pretty sure that when they collect semen... It isn't a bungled handjob.... into a condom..

Wouldn't a ethical breeder take their dog to a professional person or place who does that... kind of thing....

I don't know... but it seems pretty wrong to me :laugh:

But your right... I don't know...

I was thinking more along the lines oh WTF is he doing?? the dog has been hit by a car and he is trying to work out how to mate it?? I dont care if he was a registered breeder that followed all the rules and had a great set up and breed the most wonderful dogs, give the dog a break it's probably seering with pain right now.

Wouldn't you hope a person breeding "any dog" would take the sire to the vet if it was hit by a car?

And I'm pretty sure that when they collect semen... It isn't a bungled handjob.... into a condom..

Wouldn't a ethical breeder take their dog to a professional person or place who does that... kind of thing....

I don't know either. And we don't know if the dog has been to the vet or what his injuries are. Today is a public holiday as is tomorrow so it is unliKIely vets will be open.

A lot of breeders do do AI with fresh semen themselves without a vet and a condom is meant for sperm collection (just hope he stretched it first :laugh:) and may be possible if you don't have one of the sheaths designed for the job.

I do know when my dog has been collected it needed more than one person - 3 in fact. One doing the "job", one holding the bitch and one holding the dog to prevent him mounting her. You could get away with less if you weren't collecting for use on another bitch and the dog wasn't super eager to get to the bitch.

I am just saying that we don't know the full facts of this case so really can't judge till we do.

I don't know either. And we don't know if the dog has been to the vet or what his injuries are. Today is a public holiday as is tomorrow so it is unliKIely vets will be open.

A lot of breeders do do AI with fresh semen themselves without a vet and a condom is meant for sperm collection (just hope he stretched it first :laugh:) and may be possible if you don't have one of the sheaths designed for the job.

I do know when my dog has been collected it needed more than one person - 3 in fact. One doing the "job", one holding the bitch and one holding the dog to prevent him mounting her. You could get away with less if you weren't collecting for use on another bitch and the dog wasn't super eager to get to the bitch.

I am just saying that we don't know the full facts of this case so really can't judge till we do.

Your right... Janba... We don't know all the facts :laugh:

I might have been hasty to judge....

ETA.... but it still seems a bit.... fishy.... I just hope the dogs are ok :laugh:

Edited by Okami

Wow Janba - I am speechless at your attitude! - I think I would be more concerned about getting the dog's injuries treated than collecting semen!

I have been involved with the Dog world for over 30 years but am still amazed at how SOME poeple view their dogs as disposable items, only kept for profit :driving:

Edited by poodlemum