Noticed Any Changes In Your First Dog?

tez

I have a classic photo of bert and sally when bert came home....looks like sally is trying to eat bert

(actually now that i think of it, maybe she was. she wasnt too impressed when we bought him home! lol)

I love the second photo, its like David and Goliath. Plus, look at Bert's puppy tummy he looks like a little buddha! :)

:laugh: I love the buddha belly!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the second photo, its like David and Goliath. Plus, look at Bert's puppy tummy he looks like a little buddha! :shrug:

He kinda reminds me of Jabba the Hutt... :p

:rofl: He's so cute, I love roly poly puppies. :)

haha now that you mention it I can see a bit of the jabba in him :)

OMG BertandSally that is one GORGEOUS Buddha you have there!!!!!

Such different breeds you have! What made you decide on a pug after an Aussie?

Fab photos everyone!!!!! MORE!!!!!

Hi Bub

I think your photos are awesome :rofl: its like having a mini me :)

Sally is a merle border collie, but a lot of people do mistake her for an aussie shepherd :p

when my OH and I moved in together we both decided on a breed of puppy we wanted. my family dog is a pug (ernie) so I chose pug and OH wanted a bc.

so now we have Bert and Sally (and in a year, another little happy edition hopefully :shrug: )

Brembo was 14 months old when Sierra arrived as an 8 week old puppy. He hated her! She would try and cuddle with him and he would growl and walk away. He wouldn't tolerate her on the bed the same time as him etc. He went from being very puppyish to an old grumpy man overnight. It has taken 2 years to really cement their relationship and now it's all good. Having foster dogs through the house has helped being back the playfullness in Brembo but he is an old soul. In hindsight I think Brembo would of been much happier as an only dog but we love Sierra so she ain't going anywhere.

Good luck!

Hi Bub

I think your photos are awesome :rofl: its like having a mini me :)

Sally is a merle border collie, but a lot of people do mistake her for an aussie shepherd :p

when my OH and I moved in together we both decided on a breed of puppy we wanted. my family dog is a pug (ernie) so I chose pug and OH wanted a bc.

so now we have Bert and Sally (and in a year, another little happy edition hopefully :shrug: )

Oh dear! So sorry I called Sally an Aussie!!!!!

Hehehe you should see their identical “angry faces” when they feel they have been mistreated! So hilarious!

I would love another dog but am too scared of messing up the dynamics between Bitty and Bubby.

Edited by Bub

It hasn't worked for me, My old girl lady who was around 6 when i got her and is nearly 17 has been the only dog until I acquired a male 3 year old maltese x shih tzu around 6 months ago, she still won't have a bar of him and still refuses to even go for a walk if i take him also definately likes being the only dog and god forbid I actually pat him in her presence if looks could kill. Only plus is at least now she is ignoring him whereas before she'd snarl at him every time he walked past her and he so wants to be friends but seems happy to play with his toys instead and keep out of old grumpy bum's way :eek:

I'm so loving all the pics!!!

Our experience was definitely not love at first sight. Osca got his nose out of joint for a good few months and middi was a bit of a bully.

However...

16 months on and they have a blast together. I think Middi still has more energy than he does but his tolerance level of her is incredible. When middi was away at the vet for a night we thought Osca would be thrilled to have some peace and quiet. Nope, he moped until she came home.

Bub, beautiful shots!!

Tez, I am sure that Scout and Jane will be a match made in heaven!! Will have to keep this thread bumped up so you can add some pics of the two of them playing!! Do you know what day you can get him yet??

Well we need to have a property check done and while I love living where I live, it is 2 1/2 hours from Melbourne (where Scout is now) so the distance may be holding things up a bit! :thumbsup: I can go get him early Saturday morning so the dogs can have the whole weekend to get to know each other and for Scout to get to know us!

Oh well fingers crossed here too, will be looking forward to meeting Scout on Sunday if you come to training, I hope the rain has eased up by then. Think I might bring the boys this week, I hope they love Scout!!

Edited by tlc

My experience was a bit like Muttlover's. Our old girl was, well, quite old, when we bought home a 4 month old boy, at the time I asked on another forum for advice and was told that most dogs love the company. He loved her, she tolerated him, only just. He would do anything for her, he even stepped in between her and a charging big dog at the off leash park when he was only 9 months old! They did get along after a while, but she always looked at me as if to say "why did you do it?". I think she was just too set in her ways to appreciate the company.