Teen Stabs Attacking Dog

anniek

When the lad was being interviewed he kept refering to the dog as a Pitbull however the reporter called it a Mastiff type, I only picked this up the second time that I watched the footage. My question is if the dog wasnt a Pitbull(and it probably wasn't) why didnt they edit out the boys breed supposition, I can answer this myself-the media and general public have decided to persecute this type of dog until it is extinct :laugh:

I find myself defending Pitbulls and Bullie types more and more lately, is the media accelarating its hate campaign at the moment maybe.

As dog owners we are under attack like never before, it is time we stopped fighting amongst ourselves. Regardless of personal feelings about the breed at risk of mass genocide we need to stop BSL in its tracks before it comes after ALL dogs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the lad was being interviewed he kept refering to the dog as a Pitbull however the reporter called it a Mastiff type, I only picked this up the second time that I watched the footage. My question is if the dog wasnt a Pitbull(and it probably wasn't) why didnt they edit out the boys breed supposition, I can answer this myself-the media and general public have decided to persecute this type of dog until it is extinct :rofl:

I find myself defending Pitbulls and Bullie types more and more lately, is the media accelarating its hate campaign at the moment maybe.

As dog owners we are under attack like never before, it is time we stopped fighting amongst ourselves. Regardless of personal feelings about the breed at risk of mass genocide we need to stop BSL in its tracks before it comes after ALL dogs.

What is the point?

It was a dog.

It could have been a crossbred dog or a purebred dog.,

I no longer care. Like most of the rest of the world I am totally fed up with people allowing their dogs to be out of control.

Breed? What frigging breed? They all have teeth and the more powerful the dog, the more damage it can do.

Some of my greatest loves in dogs are large powerful breeds, that are gentle giants to me, but I know that without the proper supervision and training these dogs too can be killers.

You are right when you state that dog owners are under attack like never before, and while ever little kids and other dogs are getting chewed up by other peoples dogs, the situation will remain the same.

I am expecting a new law anytime soon: "All dogs must be muzzled".

And you can thank the stupid owners who don't give a rats about anyone but themselves and their dogs for such a law, if and when it happens.

:)

Souff

When the lad was being interviewed he kept refering to the dog as a Pitbull however the reporter called it a Mastiff type, I only picked this up the second time that I watched the footage. My question is if the dog wasnt a Pitbull(and it probably wasn't) why didnt they edit out the boys breed supposition, I can answer this myself-the media and general public have decided to persecute this type of dog until it is extinct :rofl:

What is the point?

It was a dog.

I no longer care. Like most of the rest of the world I am totally fed up with people allowing their dogs to be out of control.

Breed? What frigging breed? They all have teeth and the more powerful the dog, the more damage it can do.

Some of my greatest loves in dogs are large powerful breeds, that are gentle giants to me, but I know that without the proper supervision and training these dogs too can be killers.

You are right when you state that dog owners are under attack like never before, and while ever little kids and other dogs are getting chewed up by other peoples dogs, the situation will remain the same.

And you can thank the stupid owners who don't give a rats about anyone but themselves and their dogs for such a law, if and when it happens.

:)

Souff

Simply blaming the owner when dogs may be unwell or tormented by kids will not solve the problem. All serious attacks need to be investigated to find common pathways based on fact not supposition to decrease future attacks. You may think you know it all, You Don't.

In this case the dog was in the other peoples yard, how is that not the owners fault? The victims dog was contained, it was attacked in IT'S own yard. As with your farmer comment should we be expected to cyclone fence km's of fenceline because the irresponsible twat down the road won't contain their own dog?

People need to be responsible for their own and their dogs actions, parents need to be responsible for their children also but there is NO EXCUSE for a dog to get into someone elses yard and kill another animal.

Blaming legislation, RSPCA etc etc gets you nowhere and in fact continuous criticism will only result in harsher laws, if you constantly butt heads with these organisations how can anyone expect anything positive to come from any dealings with them. People need to start taking responsiblity for their own actions. Being a parent and a pet owner are not just rights they are responsibilities, how many animals and children must suffer before people can understand that?

Edited by casowner

Simply blaming the owner when dogs may be unwell or tormented by kids will not solve the problem. All serious attacks need to be investigated to find common pathways based on fact not supposition to decrease future attacks. You may think you know it all, You Don't.

Justin, I never claim to know it all, because I don't.

But, like it or not, as dog owners WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHERE OUR DOGS ARE, and WHAT OUR DOGS DO.

Nobody else takes the rap ..... we are the ones who have to shoulder the responsibility.

And that goes for YOU, ME, and rest of the dog owners out there.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

The whole of the dog world is currently being slammed into the wall because of the dog attacks that are happening; this is no time for making lame excuses or looking for golden pathways.

Souff

When the lad was being interviewed he kept refering to the dog as a Pitbull however the reporter called it a Mastiff type, I only picked this up the second time that I watched the footage. My question is if the dog wasnt a Pitbull(and it probably wasn't) why didnt they edit out the boys breed supposition, I can answer this myself-the media and general public have decided to persecute this type of dog until it is extinct :confused:

What is the point?

It was a dog.

:cry:

Souff

This thread just won't go away, and has brought out the best and the worst in some of us. Again, to reiterate some our thoughts it makes no difference whatsoever what breed the attacking dog was. The fact is, that this dog 'broke' into the next door neighbour's yard and attacked. If the dog was unwell, then that is the responsibility of the 'caring' owner just as it is his/her responsibility to keep that dog on his/her property. If he/she is a parent, then the parent is also responsible for any children they may have. Let's not make excuses for the owner. The only good move he made was having the dog put down. It takes just a handful or idiots to ruin it for everyone. Because there are some irresponsible owners, somewhere down the track all of us may have to abide by some ridiculous laws. I have met some well trained and gorgeous pit bulls and I have also seen some others that are just an extension of the macho image.

Dogs are voiceless and can't say they've been tormented, are in pain etc. Yes owners should be held accountable for the actions of their dogs but killing the dog and moving on will not prevent the next attack or those opposed to pet ownership like the R$PCA. Only by investigating attacks and basing laws on facts, not fiction, can we change things.

The breed of dog does not matter in the context of the incident itself. The concern is with the way the breed of dog is reported in the media, and that DOES matter, because it has an impact not only on public perception but on legislation.

More than likely this dog was not a Pitbull at all, but apparently, thats not important. Lets just chalk up another one for the Pitbull.

It is a combination of false reporting and selective reporting.

The breed of dog does not matter in the context of the incident itself. The concern is with the way the breed of dog is reported in the media, and that DOES matter, because it has an impact not only on public perception but on legislation.

More than likely this dog was not a Pitbull at all, but apparently, thats not important. Lets just chalk up another one for the Pitbull.

Exactly. :confused:

Exactly. :confused:

Hear Hear Off course breed matters, If you think It don't you're just kidding yourself!

Dogs are voiceless and can't say they've been tormented, are in pain etc. Yes owners should be held accountable for the actions of their dogs but killing the dog and moving on will not prevent the next attack or those opposed to pet ownership like the R$PCA. Only by investigating attacks and basing laws on facts, not fiction, can we change things.

Well at least the particular dog in question will never attack again.

Only by investigating attacks and basing laws on facts, not fiction, can we change things.

Justin,

Laws are not made on facts in Australia.

Laws are made in response to public opinion, to suit "contemporary community attitudes" as the Minister himself put it when the NSW Parliament passed the law against tail docking, and sometimes laws are made simply to suit the tune of the most influential of the heavyweight players - the media being one of those players.

That is how modern-day laws are made in our democratic society of Australia.

Ask your local politicians if you don't believe me.

Souff