Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppy Eating Texters

Budd

Nothing is safe with Bear, best not to leave your shoes out, dont let him near the clean clothes or dirty clothes.. At the moment we are getting some averies built out the back yard, so Bear is stuck inside half the time, anyway i come inside during a break and turn around to Bear and he yourns and to my suprise his tounge is bright pink, fluro pink to be exact, I then investigate a little further and he has a pink texter sitting right next to him, now everytime i go close to him all i can smell is texter lol.. Just a quick question but what is the best way to stop dogs chewing on stuff you dont want them too? Is it if you see them chewing something that they shouldnt just take it away and pass them one of their toys? Thanks guys..

Nothing is safe with Bear, best not to leave your shoes out, dont let him near the clean clothes or dirty clothes.. At the moment we are getting some averies built out the back yard, so Bear is stuck inside half the time, anyway i come inside during a break and turn around to Bear and he yourns and to my suprise his tounge is bright pink, fluro pink to be exact, I then investigate a little further and he has a pink texter sitting right next to him, now everytime i go close to him all i can smell is texter lol.. Just a quick question but what is the best way to stop dogs chewing on stuff you dont want them too? Is it if you see them chewing something that they shouldnt just take it away and pass them one of their toys? Thanks guys..

Don't leave it where they can get it.

Edited by poodlefan

As the owner of two destructo muts, what PF said about sums it up. My two have a hard plastic addition. So any spade handles, plastic buckets, sprinklers, hose ends, ping pong balls are all fair game! On the plus side they tend to stay away from shoes and the hose. So it is not all bad, :laugh:

Yep. Moose likes to chew things so everything we don't want chewed is kept off the floor. Not only for my sanity but also for his own safety. If my thongs get chewed to bits because I left them lying around then it's my own fault. :laugh:

You'd be surprised how quickly a Chihuahua can reduce a toy to just fluff and stuffing.

I have to agree....Mosley is now 18 months and just the other day I lost my favourite pair of shoes :rofl: ...my fault, I didnt put them up high enough.

If you catch them, it is a good idea to give them a toy instead and show them what they are allowed to chew on, but never trust them :thumbsup:

with Jessie anything above head height when standing on her back legs was fair game to her when she was a puppy, so as stated above keep stuff that has any value to you out of harms way :thumbsup:

As the owner of two destructo muts, what PF said about sums it up. My two have a hard plastic addition. So any spade handles, plastic buckets, sprinklers, hose ends, ping pong balls are all fair game! On the plus side they tend to stay away from shoes and the hose. So it is not all bad, :laugh:

You lie, I lost a hose to your mutt :rofl: