Rogz Lumberjack Collar

I am looking for a new collar for my boy, I saw one of these in a shop the other day and thought it should be handy with the snap clip to take on and off (when going for walks and obedience to use check chain and at home to have his ID tags on)

At the moment he has a standard leather buckle collar and it does the job (although he is on the last hole now and still growing) but getting it on and off can be a nightmare sometimes especially when he is in his excited ratbag moods.

I liked the fact that it had the slide lock which stopped it from being opened but being plastic I was wondering how strong it actually was, since its purpose is to stay on him to hold his ID (council etc) tags to him so he could be easily identified if he was to ever get out of the yard.

so I am sort of torn between the ease of getting it on and off and the security of it staying on, is it possible to have both in a colar?

Vanessa

We use one of these on our boofer, he is 37kg. It has held perfectly for 2 years. It feels way more sturdy than any other buckle collars I've seen.

I wouldn't recommend locking it while he's in the yard in case it catches on something and he can't free himself.

Herm Sprenger make a nylon collar with a metal buckle release: http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/collar-adj....-sprenger.html

If getting the collar on and off is a pain though try teaching him to sit quietly to have his collar put on. It might take a bit of patience to start with but once he realises that not sitting quietly for the collar means no walkies he'll catch on pretty quick :)

Guest Clover

My guys all wear them as well, with the biggest dog just being under 30KGs. I have never had one come undone, break etc. But also dont leave the dogs unattended with locked collars (they are taken off completely at home).

I have one aswell for my GSD and works fine. Only noticed that lock the other day lol, never use it though.

I wouldnt buy one again though while I dont find them easy to take of. The lock is hard to get through the ring sometimes. Id prefer a half-check they just slip on very easy.