~logan~

I am so pleased that Logan has been given every opportunity for finding rescue.

I know the staff are also very happy for Logan, esspecially Ann & Theresa.

I agree that there are some breeds in particular who need to be assessed carefully by someone experienced with the breed.

Its great that you have also consulted experienced breeders as well K9 Angel.

There are times that dogs may be missread, there are many reasons for this. Quite often it can be as simple as a funny noise they insist on making to express themselves, unusual eyes or features etc.

Gabe the stunning BC boy recently at Hawkesbury is a great example of this.

Thank you & Best of luck with Logan :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations K9Angel, If there were more like you in this world, I am sure the world would be a better place. I am a serial lurker in these forums only posting every now and then, but feel compelled to say that it is always like a ray of sunshine reading your posts, in a world filled with irresponsible dog owners it is really really uplifting to know that there are people like you out there. You definitely go well above the call of duty for our four legged friends. I am sure that most of us sit at our computers reading about your rescues and thinking about what we could be doing, unfortunately a large number of us never get past the thinking stage. While there will always be people who have different ideas about the way things should be done and while there is nothing wrong with that, you have obviously been doing this for a very long time and I am certain that there are hundreds of rescue dogs and new owners who would probably thank you from the bottom of their hearts for the tireless work that you do. You are truly a wonderful person and if dogs could talk I am sure that dogs everywhere would be saying THANK YOU. Keep up the great work! :)

Congratulations K9Angel, If there were more like you in this world, I am sure the world would be a better place. I am a serial lurker in these forums only posting every now and then, but feel compelled to say that it is always like a ray of sunshine reading your posts, in a world filled with irresponsible dog owners it is really really uplifting to know that there are people like you out there. You definitely go well above the call of duty for our four legged friends. I am sure that most of us sit at our computers reading about your rescues and thinking about what we could be doing, unfortunately a large number of us never get past the thinking stage. While there will always be people who have different ideas about the way things should be done and while there is nothing wrong with that, you have obviously been doing this for a very long time and I am certain that there are hundreds of rescue dogs and new owners who would probably thank you from the bottom of their hearts for the tireless work that you do. You are truly a wonderful person and if dogs could talk I am sure that dogs everywhere would be saying THANK YOU. Keep up the great work! :)

Great post Ebby& Indii.

I too love reading about K9A's rescuing activities. And I too wonder how on earth she does it. She is a first class example of passion and hard work sensibly combined.

What you see as me being 'negative', i see as being ethical and responsible.

I don't want to detract from Logan's story and I do understand you have had a very bad experience, it is just that K9A cops this everytime she posts about bringing a dog/s from the pound.

And she continues to answer fully and calmly and politely. If others had to face the same interrogations/accusations the number of times she has had, I don't think they would have been so polite.

I would imagine very few rescues who don't have access to quarantine or have their place set up as K9A has set her place up, would be doing a fraction of what she does in terms of infection control. It is just that she tells us all the experiences of the dogs - we don't hear about many others.

Look at all the dogs that are every day being transported by sometimes several people. Do you think they all have crates and disinfect their cars every time they do a transport?

Anyway, as K9A says: back to Logan. I'm looking forward to seeing him all spruced up and looking a bit meatier :)

What you see as me being 'negative', i see as being ethical and responsible.

I don't want to detract from Logan's story and I do understand you have had a very bad experience, it is just that K9A cops this everytime she posts about bringing a dog/s from the pound.

And she continues to answer fully and calmly and politely. If others had to face the same interrogations/accusations the number of times she has had, I don't think they would have been so polite.

I would imagine very few rescues who don't have access to quarantine or have their place set up as K9A has set her place up, would be doing a fraction of what she does in terms of infection control. It is just that she tells us all the experiences of the dogs - we don't hear about many others.

Look at all the dogs that are every day being transported by sometimes several people. Do you think they all have crates and disinfect their cars every time they do a transport?

Anyway, as K9A says: back to Logan. I'm looking forward to seeing him all spruced up and looking a bit meatier :)

Well said..

Anyway back to logan (I am using your words too :) ) I think going beyond what you heard and trying to meet the dog and investigate further was the best I have ever heard

PERFECT Good work K9angel as usual you got out of your way to help Logan

Can't wait to see more pictures

Another heart warming story k9 angel, you really do live up to your name :) For sharing some of these dogs stories with us they are very often inspirational. Please know you have much support and many well wishers so please continue to post about your dogs :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)

I am kind of getting used of having to explain myself everytime I start a thread. :laugh:

Logan continues to do well. When I went out this afternoon, he was so funny. He stares at me and does his growly bark noise then lifts his leg and got all excited waiting for me to come in.

I am convinced this boy was mis read. He looks intimidating because of his eyes, and markings. Its like they see right through you, and the bark he does when approached, is simply husky talk for hello. :laugh: ;)

He is such a sook. His coat is appauling and will need more brushing tommorow. Its all undercoat. His tail is thick with clumps of hair as was his trousers and around his neck. He did not object to me brushing him, and was even good while I started his tail. He rolled over at one stage onto his back, and enjoyed a belly rub. (I managed to get a pic but then the camera went flat - it is currently charging).

He also does this thing my Gypsy does. If he is walking ahead of me in the run, he turns to look at me and tosses his head as if to say "C'mon - chase me" its adorable. :cheer:

When he shakes hands he does one hand first, then the other, then both. :)

The day we got him from the pound, he was walked past the other dogs, many were barking in his face, he showed absolutely no aggression toward them. He wasnt fazed at all.

In all honesty, he is just a big teddy bear seeking some love and attention.

Oh and he thinks he is a lapdog. ;) At one stage as I brushed him, he decided to sit on my lap. ;)

I just gave him lots of big cuddles and he lapped up every second of it.

4506973237_289211cda3.jpg

Look at the cheeky look he gave as he was getting his belly brushed and rubbed.

He may look mean - but he's not. I will vouch for that. :laugh:

Will you stop this please !! Next thing I'll have 1/2 dozen huskies running around my back yard. :(:( ;)

On second thoughts, maybe I'll just come and visit -- when winter is here so I won't expire just at the sight of those thick coats. :laugh:

Easily arranged Cyn... :laugh:

They are an adorable breed. Like I say I havent come across a bad one yet. I love my huskies.... :thumbsup:

And your welcome to visit the zoo anytime - just leave your $5 entry fee in the letterbox on your way in :mad (kidding)

Logan is happy and well. He is napping in the sun atm. Such a hard life. :cry: as soon as OH returns from helping his brother move furniture I will go out, finish his brushing and get some pics. I love brushing them, I dont know why but its relaxing for me and I enjoy the one on one time with them. :mad

4520185496_54dab4c330.jpg

Logan

Took this pic yesterday as I continued Logans grooming. Still not done yet. I spend an hour or 2 daily. There is still a way to go yet but the coming along nicely. :)

He is doing great. He has a bit of a fan club growing, my friend and neighbor Nancy, the BIL, the postman. :laugh: and he hasnt even been anywhere yet. They see him from the gate and because he is so gorgeous, they all comment on him.

The postman wanted a pic today. :) He knows of someone looking to adopt a husky. He asked about all 4 that I have out the front, Logan, Bailey, Alaska and Jasmine.

He is very handsome, K9A.

And the little family is coming along well? How are the ears?

The little family is coming along fine Cyn. No problems with the ears, I apply the cream everyday to prevent the fly bite.

They are a gorgeous little family too. I will get pics tommorow. I have been meaning to for a few days now. They will get an update tommorow.

And yes Logan is a lovely looking boy. But the best thing is, he is just as lovely on the inside. :)

• 3 weeks later...

An update on Logan.

Where do I start? Logan has been here only a few weeks but I have really fallen in love with this boy.

He is the most well behaved, well mannered and well adjusted dog you could ask for. A true gem in every way.

I have trained him to sit at the street corner before he crosses (when were out walking) and also to sit on command when were out walking. He does so on first call. He is extremely intelligent. (He already knew sit, shake and stay on arrival)

He loves to play fetch, its one of his favourite games. He brings it straight back and drops it ready for round 2. :eek:

I am almost certain he was a house dog before, or was allowed inside alot of the time, especially when it rains. Although he has a huge kennel to himself when it rains he sits under the window and cries so sadly & softly. I feel terrible.

I almost bought him in last time it rained.

He seems fine with other dogs, although not tested properly yet, he shows no signs of aggression through the gate and appears to want to play. :cry:

He is particulary fond of little Luki.

If I could I would keep this boy. He is so nice and he reminds me of my Claudie boy who died in 2007. :laugh:

Not in the colouring or build, but his nature. Claude was my baby and i cannot tell you how devastated I was when he died so suddenly. Logan who would of been born around the time my boy died, has the same peircing blue eyes as Claude had. When Claude would get excited his pupils would dilate to almost nothing, Logans does the same.

When Logan meets new people he does this loud sniffing sound through his nose. He sounds like a horse grunting :o Its weird. But he hasnt showed any signs of being aggressive at all.

I will try and get some new pics tommorow.

He sure is one handsome guy, K9A. Has he started to put on weight?

Get that camera out woman ........... please! :laugh:

Yes he is gaining weight nicely. I will I will get the camera out. :(

Finally got around to getting some pics of Logan today. I bought him inside while OH took the 2 little ones to Nanna's for a visit. Logan was well behaved inside. Only pee'd once, on the tiles near the back door. Not on the furniture which was good. He was used of the tele so I dare say he has spent alot of time inside in his old home. He also jumped up on the bed and gave a look as if to say 'Ah a bed - that feels good'. :thumbsup:

I gave him a brushing over as he has some undercoat near his back end that I am slowly getting out as I go along.

Anyways here are some pics from today

4594914258_3f91c6b6bd.jpg

Testing the lounge :cheer:

4594883276_c73b7065e8.jpg

He is need of another bath - his face is snow white after a bath - doesnt stay snow white for long though :love:

Oh and dont mind the floor, it was covered in dog fur from his brush. I usually do it outside but today he was allowed in for a brush. It has since been vacummed. :)

4594883266_d2611f28ea.jpg

Sussing out the pile of hair that has been brushed from him. *Note he is carrying a toy around - big baby he is :)

4594883240_c6cf65738f.jpg

4594883236_d5d78fb81a.jpg

Isnt he a stunner? he has the most gorgeous husky trot. :)

4594883230_942a76e847.jpg

Spots Mickey the budgie. :)

4594883224_919653353f.jpg

Me and my mate LOgan - I had to take this myself as I was home alone. :rock:

Great pic - You and your mate :D :p

Yeah he wasnt too keen on keeping still for the shot. ;) He wanted to play, you can see the cheeky streak in his eyes. He has massive legs. His paws would be the size of my fists, probably bigger. :) Thank Dog he has a nice nature. :)

I have tested him through the fence with other dogs and he appears fine. He wants to play with them. Him and Jasmine (our Jasmine, not husky Jasmine) were having a good ol' game through the fence yesterday. They would run up face to face, get down on their front legs, bums in the air then take off playing zoomies. ;)

He also seems to like little Luki. I would really love to know the story behind Logan. Was he found by someone and left tied up? did his owners do it? I would love to know the truth behind Logan for he has proved to be a gentleman in every way. :love: I cannot speak highly enough of him and I will be sad when its time for him to find a new home, but happy knowing he got the second chance he was so close to missing out on.