~logan~

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Its been over 2 mths since I updated on Logan last :laugh: time flies....

He is doing really well. He is due for another bath/brush, hopefully I will get time to do it tommorow if its nice and sunny like today was. Today we spent the day trying to lay some pavers down in his run so he spent some of the day on a tether to the box trailer in the front yard, he thought it was great to be honest and I am glad he was a good boy and didnt carry on. I know some dogs can really dislike being tethered.

He watched everything we done with such interest too. :laugh:

He is a gorgeous boy, very playful and he loves to play fetch and zoomies. He's a speed demon under that fur coat. :laugh: He is great with the kids too.

Some pics I got today.

4801342896_be1c19866e.jpg

He is a handsome boy

4801342888_814530cedb.jpg

He'd just finished saying a big hellow howl. :mad

4801342890_46cfcb1dc4.jpg

4801342872_abe169227b.jpg

4800743955_4fbb985af2.jpg

Gotta go a red & wht husky has just showed up at my neighbours and its NOT one of mine. I do however have him tethered to the front now as I do not want him to get hit by a car. He is a red & wht male, all bones and covered in grease.... :D

ETA: I have fed him a chicken carcass and given him a bowl of water. He also has a kennel set up (igloo one thanks T :mad ) with lots of warm bedding. I feel so sad for him. He is a friendly boy and judging by his teeth only a youngster.

The neighbour came to the door and asked if one of my dogs was out. I replied "I hope not" and went to investigate. He was running around the neighbours yard with their 2 GSHP, so I put him on a lead and bought him here. He would most likely get hit by a car otherwise. The train tracks are less than 50 mtres from here also. I will have to take him to the vet in the morning to be scanned, if not the pound. ;) But i feel better if he is there than out on the street. I have never seen him before so he possibly has come from far I dont know.

By the look of him, he has been on the streets quiet some time. :mad

I will get some pics and post in the lost and found later tonight or first thing in the morning also.

Edited by k9angel

4800905411_386a852bee.jpg

Checking him over - he has a few small nics on his legs.

4800905415_8158357b2d.jpg

Smelling all the other doggy smells no doubt

4800905401_b870c4eb24.jpg

This is the 'stray' boy. He is putrid. I want to give him a bath but its so cold out there, I fear he will freeze overnight. :laugh:

He is a very friendly boy, loves everyone.

The neighbour seems to think he may of been used as a guard dog in a smash repair joint as he is so greasy and dirty. I am thinking maybe he's been lost for sometime and was sleeping under a truck or something somewhere. I dont know. Anything's possible.

He quiet enjoyed sitting on my lap. :laugh: He is only a pup. His teeth and gums are that of a 12mth old dog, if that.

He had no collar on :laugh: and is quiet thin. He loves the kennel and ate all his chicken. I have left a bowl of dried food there for him too, just incase.

Logan can see him from his run and at first was barking/howling at him, but alls quiet out there now. I will check on him thru the night as he has a chocker on, but he's pretty settled out there. He was fine when he was inside and seemed pretty used of being indoors. ???

Poor boy, dog only knows what he's been thru and where he's been.

OMG! They know where to come, don't they??

He's going to be a stunner if you can get the grease out of him - the owner wouldn't recognise him methinks...

T.

Many do seem to find their way here :laugh:

Yeah I want to bath him so bad, I can bath him inside in warm water, thats no problem - the drying part is. I know I can use a towel, but that wont dry him totally and he'll get cold when he goes back outside.

I dont even know where to begin looking for the hair dryer as I never use it. :laugh:

What would get the grease out? normal dog shampoo? Ive never had a greasy one before. He looks and smells like he's been swimming in an oil slick somewhere. :laugh:

I couldnt help it. I had to bath the stray boy. I wouldnt of been able to sleep otherwise. :hug: The bath was BLACK afterwards, and there is still more to go, he isnt spotless yet - but he is alot better than what he was and actually enjoyed it, poor boy. Just stood there gazing into the air as I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. He thought he was in heaven and was nodding off half the time. :hug: That stuff is really caked on. I hope he has come from a good home and not one where they didnt care for him. :cheers:

I am guessing his bed was either under a car or truck. He wouldnt wear a jumper. I put it on him ok but he did not like it one bit and tried to get it off himself, so I took it off for him. I dried him the best I could and I will worm him in the morning before I take him to the vet or pound. :cheer: He's a really nice boy. He is handling it really well out there and appears to be just happy to have a full belly and warm bed. He looooooves the kennel.

Thats it - back to Logan now - sorry to go off topic here but what a coincidence, just when I was updating Logans thread a Logan look-alike arrives....

4801933928_4c2c8a9643.jpg

The bath water afterwards :hug:

4801933922_0467840403.jpg

And the finished product.... he isnt 100% spotless, but is alot better than on his arrival.

He'll need another bath or two to get the rest of the grease out.

Maybe it's like that phenomenon where water birds instinctively know when the inland waterways are flooded and they flock there to nest - waif and stray huskies instinctively head to k9A's place - their home away from home!

Keep us posted about whether he has a chip - sure hope someone is missing this boy!

Oh and you're gorgeous too, Logan. Hope you don't mind sharing your thread!

Logan just saved me from a potential mugging I believe.

I just got back from taking him around the block. On our journey, a car pulls up full of young men. Two in the front and 2 or 3 in the back. All had hooded jumpers on with the hoods half pulled over their faces. :grouphug: They pulled up alongside me and were silent. It was scary. After a little while one starts talking about Logan, asking 101 questions. "Whats he like with other people? is he trained? does he listen? do you want to get rid of him?" I was a little taken back by all the questions. I just had a bad gut feeling their intentions werent good and looked about for a house with lights on to run in to should I have to. I wasnt giving Logan up for the world. They were of non australian background. I was so nervous I didnt even to think to take note of the car. I was too busy watching them and anticipating their every move.

I am still shaking.

It was like they wanted to get out but just werent quiet sure of Loges. When they asked if I was getting rid of Logan :sick: I said "I dont think so, he was HUMAN AGGRESSIVE at the pound and could only be released to rescue". They replied "So what he isnt friendly with people?" My reply "He's fine with me, just not others". I was growing suss by the minute.

Eventually they slooooowly drove off and stopped again a little down the street. By now alarming bells were going off, again my eyes searched for a house with lights on. I could only find one but I watched it ready to run in if I had to.

Any other night the streets lit up like a Christmas tree, but not tonight - of all nights.

The seemed to be waiting for me again as I got closer to the car.

They then did a u-turn and pulled up alongside me again, closer this time. :( I was packing it.

They said not a word, just stared at me. Thankfully Logan must of picked up on my fear and let out a funny howling sound, which sounded like an almighty growl. He didnt take his eye off them for a second. Neither did I.

Again they slowly drove off as if they knew they didnt have a hope in hell of getting near me or Logan without a fight.

But again they stopped up the road. By now I felt I had a clear run and began to jog, turning to look over my shoulder several times to make sure they werent following in car, OR foot.

Its a pretty dark street.

I was so glad to walk in that door. I told OH about it and told him I think they were trying to take Logan. He told me to wake up to myself it would of been ME they were after, not the dog. :thanks: I still think they were after Loges.

No more late night walks for me from now on.

Not around here anyways. ;)