~logan~

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is scary lucky you had a red sibe with you red sibes are the best you know :sick: Good boy to Logan for acting tough too :grouphug: Although I'd still keep him inside just in case they were thinking about nicking him.

Logans run is right next to my bedroom. He actually barked quiet aggressively a little while ago which is unusual. (So are the neighbours dogs) I am keeping an ear out, he WILL let me know when someones around. Logan is a little weary of strangers, has been since I bought him home so he'll tell me if someones there. He has the loudest, deepest bark. I think his bark alone would be enough to deter a wannabe thief. But then I guess they'll go to all lengths these days...

But definately no more late night walking for me. I am scared they'll be waiting somewhere one night in the dark.

As they were stalking me so many things ran thru my head, my kids mostly, my dogs, Logan - I tell you I wouldnt of given him up without a fight. I am just thankful I made it back home safely to the kids and furkids, for a moment there I had a feeling I wouldnt. :thanks: sounds silly but I know, but my gut instinct told me that their intentions were not good at all.....

I feel sick to the belly even thinking about it, the way they tried to hide their faces beneath hoods. Gives me shivers up my spine, literally.

Thank Dog for Logan! I'm old enough to vividly remember the Anita Cobby case. Very sensible decision not to walk at night anymore, k9A!

I got goosebumps when I read your post curlybert because Anita Cobby was one of the many thoughts running thru my head when this was all happening...

Geez that was a close call! And I don't think it was the dog they were after either. They were trying to assess how vulnerable you were and whether the dog would go for them if they tried anything. I'm glad Logan was able to sense the trouble and let them know where he stood on things. Dogs seem to sense this stuff. Sucks though when you have to adjust your walking time to that kind of thing but I doubt they will be back - they wanted someone then and there and they already know the dog will protect you so they wont bother trying again. They go for easy targets unfortunately.

And why don't you get yourself one of those small hand alarms? They are only about $10 and give off the most god awful high pitched scream. I keep one next to my bed but can take it anywhere with me.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

I hope you reported this to the police. If these guys are looking for prey it might help if the police have a prior report with as much identifying information as you can remember.

I am glad you are ok. Things like that are very scary.

Geez...you poor girl. Would have given me a fright too. I never walk with mine after dark. In fact even during the day everyone seems to give me a wide berth,lol. Thank Dog you had Logan there.

I wonder why :crossfingers::rasberry: .

Rachel, I think you should report it to the police, too. With proper and experienced questioning, you will probably be amazed at how much you remember about them and the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to bring Logan along tommorow to the HP reunion but not decided yet whether Logans coming, Jack or both. :rofl::laugh:

Anyways just incase Loges doesnt come tommorow here are some pics I got today.

He is doing really well and is a clown of a dog. He is so playful and so loving.

4865043557_4a17c06160.jpg

He has a gorgeous smile but a cheeky look in his eye in this one

4865043573_e1e9406a9d.jpg

4865043553_f8c7c60ab8.jpg

Love this one as he takes off with the lead on to play zoomies - look at the tongue hanging out as he runs :o

4865043559_7f1f116007.jpg

And he is off and he is running.....Another action shot as he whizzes past.... and look at the smile on his chops, priceless

4865043563_5ce5ee4118.jpg

Logan loves toys, unlike my resident huskies who usually turn their nose up to them :p

And look at those fangs :rofl: ;)

My sister's uppity husky shep cross is nicknamed the fun police and always poo poos when my young staffy is zooming around with a toy in her mouth but every now and then we catch her chewing on one of them or playing tug with the staffy and she looks at us as if to say "oh just get over yourselves!"

My sister's uppity husky shep cross is nicknamed the fun police and always poo poos when my young staffy is zooming around with a toy in her mouth but every now and then we catch her chewing on one of them or playing tug with the staffy and she looks at us as if to say "oh just get over yourselves!"

AHAHAHAHA :hug: She sounds like a CAT!

4800905411_386a852bee.jpg

Checking him over - he has a few small nics on his legs.

4800905415_8158357b2d.jpg

Smelling all the other doggy smells no doubt

4800905401_b870c4eb24.jpg

This is the 'stray' boy. He is putrid. I want to give him a bath but its so cold out there, I fear he will freeze overnight. :eek:

He is a very friendly boy, loves everyone.

The neighbour seems to think he may of been used as a guard dog in a smash repair joint as he is so greasy and dirty. I am thinking maybe he's been lost for sometime and was sleeping under a truck or something somewhere. I dont know. Anything's possible.

He quiet enjoyed sitting on my lap. :thumbsup: He is only a pup. His teeth and gums are that of a 12mth old dog, if that.

He had no collar on :D and is quiet thin. He loves the kennel and ate all his chicken. I have left a bowl of dried food there for him too, just incase.

Logan can see him from his run and at first was barking/howling at him, but alls quiet out there now. I will check on him thru the night as he has a chocker on, but he's pretty settled out there. He was fine when he was inside and seemed pretty used of being indoors. ???

Poor boy, dog only knows what he's been thru and where he's been.

I got goosebumps reading his breed.Out of all the breeds that he could have been, isn' t that just a bit spooky!Bit like fate, he went to the right place didn't he.

Very worried reading about those men accousting you.Thats just not normal behaviour, they must have known they were scaring you aswell.You be careful!

I love how it doesn't even accur to you not to give the new dog a wormer, bath, etc.Like I said its fate.

• 9 months later...

A couple of pics of Logan (aka Boges :laugh: ) taken tonight.

5792795957_c37e334088.jpg

5792795947_95c00b563d.jpg

He's put some beef on and is quiet a solid boy now.

5792795969_ac9b2bbe17.jpg

Awww.. they've both gone shy.

5792795977_a567290b25.jpg

He is a good boy and waits for his treats. He is ever so gentle taking them from your hand too. :)

• 8 months later...

A quick update & some recent pics of Logan. Taken yesterday & the day before. :)

He is doing really well. He is the sweetest boy. He loves his cuddles and just adores the kids. :) He also loves his walks and loves to play! oh and as the pics show, loves the clam pool. :laugh:

6776574016_f436f8d02c.jpg

6776552616_4ccbd1cf50.jpg

6776574024_a7e59dea6f.jpg

6776574012_cc83330cdb.jpg

Pair of posers. :laugh:

6776574004_a7a5704cc2.jpg

6776552620_4d01b33361.jpg

6914488501_92e9e726b3.jpg