Dog Attack

Gilypoo

Dr. Lance Brown, chief of pediatric emergency medicine at Loma Linda, said he was not familiar with the case.

But speaking generally, he said that if a child were castrated in an accident, he would require a lifetime of hormone-replacement therapy and perhaps reconstructive surgery.

While such an injury is not life-threatening, he said, "it is massively life-altering."

That poor kid :)

Hmmmm. Looks like she should've been sterilised a while ago.

Here's more on the story

A 22-year-old mother, whose infant son's testicles were severed when two dogs attacked him as he lay unattended in a baby carrier at a Murrieta apartment last weekend, had lost custody of her other two children in 2008, authorities said.

... a lifetime ban on owning a dog might not be a bad idea either :)

Souff

Wasn't there a case like this a while ago but with a girl. The father blamed the dog for doing something to her genitals (can't remember what now) but they later charged the father I believe. I hope this case will be investigated thoroughly. Poor poor little baby. :)

A baby boy had his testicles chewed off by two large dogs in California last Saturday.

The six-month-old was left on the floor in his baby carrier when the dogs, a pitbull and pitbull cross, began gnawing on his scrotum.

His mother, 22, had left the room before the dogs tore off the baby's diaper and began their attack.

His mother heard screaming and rescued the boy, who is now in hospital in an unknown condition.

Police and child services are investigating the case but so far no charges have been filed.

For those who hate links...

;) Thank you!

Horrible story though :laugh:

sexist. Why give the mother full responsibilty. Presumably the unfortunate eunich kid has a father. I'm an old lady, sick of a world that looks for one person to blame for complex system failures where many people shirked responsibility. What we need is more people taking responsibility . . . to make sure that when the first line of defense f*#&'s up, someone else is there to carry the bag. . . not a lot of people pointing fingers at someone else.

And what does the mother tell that poor boy when he grows up with no testicles :laugh:
Edited by sandgrubber

sexist. Why give the mother full responsibilty. Presumably the unfortunate eunich kid has a father. I'm an old lady, sick of a world that looks for one person to blame for complex system failures where many people shirked responsibility. What we need is more people taking responsibility . . . to make sure that when the first line of defense f*#&'s up, someone else is there to carry the bag. . . not a lot of people pointing fingers at someone else.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Unfortunately we live in an age where people want an answer to everything and to find a reason when something goes wrong. Boil that down and we get to: Who can we blame? Who can we sue?

As I said: too much emphasis on rights and not enough on responsibilities. :(:(