Dog Attack

Gilypoo

What's the bet the nappy was dirty? Dogs seem to be attracted to dirty nappies and other sources of stinky things.

Fancy leaving the bub on the floor with the dogs, in the past kids had playpens - safe kid, safe dog everyone's happy then someone decided they weren't PC because they look like little jails, they are still around though I think they are making them without vertical bars these days :)

edit SNAP Rosie :laugh:

Edited by WoofnHoof

everyone sumed up my thoughts exactly...

I am gobsmacked at this, how could a mother do this.. Now unfortunatley the dogs will take the blame which isnt fair... A 6 month old baby would of done NOTHING to provoke an attack except for having a smelly bottom.

The whole situation is terrible for everyone involved... :)

When will people realise how precious children are? If you decide to be a parent, then bloody well be one and be responsible. Another unnecessary tragedy that will no doubt have an everlasting affect on that child and also have serious repercussions for the dogs and their breed :)

A baby boy had his testicles chewed off by two large dogs in California last Saturday.

The six-month-old was left on the floor in his baby carrier when the dogs, a pitbull and pitbull cross, began gnawing on his scrotum.

His mother, 22, had left the room before the dogs tore off the baby's diaper and began their attack.

His mother heard screaming and rescued the boy, who is now in hospital in an unknown condition.

Police and child services are investigating the case but so far no charges have been filed.

For those who hate links...

The woman should be sterilised so she cant have anymore.Some people stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Agree, I just get so angry, we all love our dogs, but our children come first, so you take extra care that the child isn't in danger from your dog/s.

When my son was born, I had a year old Cairn Terrier, we used to let him in the same room as our son, because we wanted him to get used to this new addition to the family, but when ever we left the room our son was in, so did the dog & the door was shut. FFS, leaving a baby alone with two dogs is an accident waiting to happen.

Now two dogs are dead & a little boys life is ruined because of his injuries, he will suffer for the rest of his life. It would be bad if he had scarring to his face or body, but losing his genitals is something that poor child will never recover from. :)

The woman should be sterilised so she cant have anymore.Some people stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Hmmmm. Looks like she should've been sterilised a while ago.

Here's more on the story

A 22-year-old mother, whose infant son's testicles were severed when two dogs attacked him as he lay unattended in a baby carrier at a Murrieta apartment last weekend, had lost custody of her other two children in 2008, authorities said.

Read the rest here

There's a pic of the poor dogs. One's only a pup and they look so sad. Tragic - again - it's not their fault!!! It doesnt sound like they "attacked" him - it sounds more like one of them grabbed the nappy and pulled and unfortunately grabbed the baby with it. If it had been an attack they would have injured other parts of the baby.