Stolen German Shepherd Puppy

j

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, visit this page http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalD...&statusID=3

Stewie's Details

Type Dog

Breed Pit Bull Cross

Second Breed

Sex Male Colour Chocolate / Not Specified

Desexed Yes Age 11Mths

Size Medium

Find A Friend Colour Green

My health has been checked.

My vaccinations are up to date.

My worming is up to date.

I have been microchipped.

I have received a behavior evaluation.

Animal Identification

Animal ID: 38519

Please take note of the Animal ID before contacting us

Shelter Tag Number: 499

* Email to a friend!

View Original Photo

A Little Bit About Me

Stewie uses his whole body to communicate. You cant ignore Stewies unique face which he uses well to tell you how he is feeling. His ears could tell a story all by themselves and his spins like a propeller whenever he sees an old friend. Stewie has a certain spring in the way he moves; prancing rather than walking and this only adds to his appealing nature. Using our find a friend scale we have rated Stewie most suitable for a Green Family

Where can you find me?

I am at the Weston location.

You can contact me by

Phone

(02) 6287 8100

Fax (02) 6287 3424

Address

12 Kirkpatrick Street

Weston, ACT 2611

We are open 7 days a week, however we are closed on gazetted public holidays.

img004.pdf

So the R$PCA ACT is not the same and rehome Pitbulls, read this. Note where it comes from.

If you read the footer properly you'll see it refers to RSPCA Australia and that the contact details and website are for RSPCA Australia. That's the national organisation. not RSPCA ACT. Like the Australian Gov't, the national RSPCA is located in the ACT - doesn't make it the same as the RSPCA ACT.

Tarope, can you provide some context for the page you've highlighted? A link to where it is on the RSPCA website, how old it is, anything like that?

Edit for spelling...

Edited by iffykharma

Do you have a link to that paper, which shows the rest of the information? Or how old that is? There is nothing to indicate that it is current policy. And the very fact that they have a pit bull cross listed on the ACT website at the moment clearly indicates that the ACT shelter does not euthanise carte blanche, based on breed.

Sorry, but regardless of what you can state you "think" the ACT shelter are doing, based on web articles, the fact is that those of us who live in Canberra know different.

From the RSPCA Australia website, search on dangerous dog http://kb.rspca.org.au/RSPCA-Policy-A07-Do...gement_212.html

7.8 Dangerous dogs

7.8.1 RSPCA Australia defines a dangerous dog as any dog which aggressively attacks a person or other animal causing physical injury or death, or behaves in a manner that a reasonable person would believe poses an unjustified imminent threat of physical injury or death.

7.8.2 Exceptions to this definition should be considered where a dog has been clearly provoked into attacking a human or other animal in self-defence, defence of a human or their property, or where a dog kept as a companion animal instinctively attacks an animal normally considered as prey.

7.8.3 RSPCA Australia considers that any dog of any size, breed or mixture of breeds may be dangerous and thus dogs should not be declared dangerous on the basis of breed.

This would appear to be the current version of what you have posted.

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-a-dangerous-dog_71.html

Currently, certain breeds are banned from importation into Australia by Commonwealth law. In addition, some Australian States have introduced breed-specific legislation which requires some breeds to be desexed and regulated. In some states the RSPCA is required to euthanase these breeds if they enter our shelters.

Regardless of breed, all dogs at RSPCA shelters go through a behavoural assessment test before they can be adopted. In this way we ensure that aggressive or dangerous dogs can be identified and that only dogs suitable for adoption are rehomed.

What has a gsd pup to do with current bsl?

Only that some people can't get past their prejudiced obsession with the RSPCA, stating that because the pup was a shepherd the RSPCA was automatically going to euthanise him and that all RSPCA shelters do this, etc etc.

ACT does not have a BSL and ALL dogs, regardless of breed, nose colour or creed, will be assessed as to their suitability for rehoming.

Some people have posted articles (with no references or dates) in an attempt to prove their flawed theories.

Others (myself included) have posted CURRENT links, to show that they are wrong.

All that aside, there is a lovely pup that has been STOLEN that is still missing

Because other breeds including GSD's are being targeted, thanks to the R$PCA. :thumbsup::rofl::)

Sorry Tarope, but your arguement is as sensible as me saying that all owners of GSDs, Rottis, Staffies, Pits etc etc are Bogan idiots who only have this type of dog because it looks tough or they are vicious.

The RSPCA are not the only people pushing BSL, and they certainly aren't responsible for getting Legislation through.

Target the politicians who are Legislating.

Unfortunately, the media will always report on a sensational attack and whip the public into a frenzy. Surely you should be targeting the media because they are highlighting the attacks?

Or what about the hospitals which record the statistics on dog attacks and then release that information? Why aren't they at fault that these breeds are being targeted? And potentially putting other breeds on the lists, because the statistics will eventually show that the JRT or Golden Retriever are also responsible for attacking people?

Or are the RSPCA the only bandwagon you have to push? And you can't see how one eyed you are and are determined to keep bad mouthing them?

For the record - I don't have an opinion about the type of people who own these breeds of dogs - I was merely demonstrating how stupid some statements can be.

Because other breeds including GSD's are being targeted, thanks to the R$PCA. :heart::eek::mad

Sorry Tarope, but your arguement is as sensible as me saying that all owners of GSDs, Rottis, Staffies, Pits etc etc are Bogan idiots who only have this type of dog because it looks tough or they are vicious.

The RSPCA are not the only people pushing BSL, and they certainly aren't responsible for getting Legislation through.

Unfortunately, the media will always report on a sensational attack and whip the public into a frenzy. Surely you should be targeting the media because they are highlighting the attacks?

Or what about the hospitals which record the statistics on dog attacks and then release that information? Why aren't they at fault that these breeds are being targeted? And potentially putting other breeds on the lists, because the statistics will eventually show that the JRT or Golden Retriever are also responsible for attacking people?

Or are the RSPCA the only bandwagon you have to push? And you can't see how one eyed you are and are determined to keep bad mouthing them?

For the record - I don't have an opinion about the type of people who own these breeds of dogs - I was merely demonstrating how stupid some statements can be.

The R$PCA is responsible for BSL it's that simple. :) Do you work for the R$PCA ? Every day more and more people are coming to realize what the R$PCA is really like and not liking what they see. :mad:mad

Ho hum. All RSPCA are rich and evil and all pitbulls are vicious killers.

Sound like a familiar roundabout?? Round and round and round we go.

Pro BSL or anti certain breed people aren't the only blind and stubborn ones out there.

Because other breeds including GSD's are being targeted, thanks to the R$PCA. :thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

The R$PCA is responsible for BSL it's that simple. :rofl: Do you work for the R$PCA ? Every day more and more people are coming to realize what the R$PCA is really like and not liking what they see. :mad:(

Hmm, very convincing argument!

I really hope the puppy is found safe and returned to the RSPCA to be properly rehomed :( .

mmmmmmm getting a little fanatic here.... me thinks Tarope does protest too much.....

I always remember the saying "scratch a fanatic you find a wound" perhaps Tarope has had a bad experience that has created these responses.....

Hope they find this pup and he gets a good home.

While yes some dogs do get put down by the RSPCA and I have no idea what sort of numbers we do have to remember that not every dog is rehomeable, be it health, temperment or just not enough homes available. The alternative in keeping all is that those with bad temperments get placed hurt someone and then give all dogs a bad rap, sick or poor tempermented dogs take the home that could have been filled by a healthy dog of good temperment, or dogs that are unhomeable live a life in a dog run never knowing true love and end up going stircrazy from lack of adequate stimulation and attention.

I love dogs and all animals for that matter but would rather see them get their wings than live a horriable life in a bad home or live their life in a dogrun at the shelter forever.

The RSPCA are not the ones responsiable for all the unwanted dogs but at least they do manage to find homes and help some. They may not be perfect and I for one do not always agree with their decisions but I do see that some parts of their job are necessary if not nice.

Poor puppy. :( I hope he is found.

Our local RSPCA (Melbourne) has rehomed dogs that could easily be called pitbull type dogs. I think where possible, they like to overlook breed and rehome nice dogs.

Because other breeds including GSD's are being targeted, thanks to the R$PCA. :(:cheer::laugh:

The R$PCA is responsible for BSL it's that simple. :o Do you work for the R$PCA ? Every day more and more people are coming to realize what the R$PCA is really like and not liking what they see. :):)

No Tarope, if you bothered to actually read what is written, you would see way back that I wrote I have no personal affiliation with the RSPCA at all. I think there is only one thing here that is simple and I'm sure most people can work out what I'm referring to (except those that are simple of course)

My experience with the RSPCA has merely been to adopt animals from them at times when I was in a position to take on a new one. Your one eyed rant isn't going to change my opinion of the experiences I have had with them.