Stolen German Shepherd Puppy

j

Hope they find this pup and he gets a good home.

While yes some dogs do get put down by the RSPCA and I have no idea what sort of numbers we do have to remember that not every dog is rehomeable, be it health, temperment or just not enough homes available. The alternative in keeping all is that those with bad temperments get placed hurt someone and then give all dogs a bad rap, sick or poor tempermented dogs take the home that could have been filled by a healthy dog of good temperment, or dogs that are unhomeable live a life in a dog run never knowing true love and end up going stircrazy from lack of adequate stimulation and attention.

I love dogs and all animals for that matter but would rather see them get their wings than live a horriable life in a bad home or live their life in a dogrun at the shelter forever.

The RSPCA are not the ones responsiable for all the unwanted dogs but at least they do manage to find homes and help some. They may not be perfect and I for one do not always agree with their decisions but I do see that some parts of their job are necessary if not nice.

+1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R$PCA UK murdered 12 GSD's with a bolt gun, :cheer: enraged the whole country. A person from GSD rescue UK said the R$PCA didn't even try to find homes or even contact them. :laugh::):)

A NSW R$PCA Inspector seized and nursed back to health a GSD, kept the dog with his own family for 10mths and gave the GSD to a woman who had lost her dog.

About 8 weeks later the woman claimed the GSD was too protective of her so this R$PCA Inspector put to sleep this poor dog. :):rofl: :D the R$PCA had the hide to say it was a wonderful story. :(

A couple of years ago the R$PCA claimed they had all these GSD's, but when you go to the shelter the GSD's are not there because they're fertilizer. :o

It doesn't mater which country the R$PCA is in because are all the bloody same. :D :):)

That's exactly what happens and the "protective" GSD was probably a fear biter caused by poor genetics in the first place.

This would appear to be the current version of what you have posted.

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-a-dangerous-dog_71.html

Currently, certain breeds are banned from importation into Australia by Commonwealth law. In addition, some Australian States have introduced breed-specific legislation which requires some breeds to be desexed and regulated. In some states the RSPCA is required to euthanase these breeds if they enter our shelters.

Regardless of breed, all dogs at RSPCA shelters go through a behavoural assessment test before they can be adopted. In this way we ensure that aggressive or dangerous dogs can be identified and that only dogs suitable for adoption are rehomed.

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :( I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :cheer:

Edited by Black Bronson

Currently, certain breeds are banned from importation into Australia by Commonwealth law. In addition, some Australian States have introduced breed-specific legislation which requires some breeds to be desexed and regulated. In some states the RSPCA is required to euthanase these breeds if they enter our shelters.

Regardless of breed, all dogs at RSPCA shelters go through a behavoural assessment test before they can be adopted. In this way we ensure that aggressive or dangerous dogs can be identified and that only dogs suitable for adoption are rehomed.

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :thumbsup: I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :)

So your argument then is that the RSPCA SHOULD be euthanising all GSD puppies of unknown parentage? Good to know where you stand on the issue :thumbsup:

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :thumbsup: I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :wave:

:thumbsup: So if they pts they are evil, and if they adopt it out they are evil?? :) Damned if you do and damned if you don't seems to have reached a whole new level here.

Any dog, regardless of age can be behaviour assessed in a manner appropriate to their age and development. Testing dogs of unknown parentage is the gamble that anyone in rescue or shelter work takes every day. If you don't trust such assessments and unknown background dogs then buy from recognised breeders, no one is ever forced to buy a shelter or rescue dog.

WHOAH.... I just read the thread from start to finish and people certainly have some very passionate opinions and I think thats what EVERYONE has to realise they are a persons OPINIONS and everyone has the right to one... :thumbsup:

Any news on the pup? (as this is what the thread was started for)

Gily

WHOAH.... I just read the thread from start to finish and people certainly have some very passionate opinions and I think thats what EVERYONE has to realise they are a persons OPINIONS and everyone has the right to one... :)

It sounds nice but in this instance I disagree. A number of aspects of RSPCA ACT's operations are matters of fact, not opinion.

If you have genuine criticisms to make of an organisation, you do your cause no favours by putting up additional accusations that have no basis in fact.

I might put forward an opinion that the moon is made of cream cheese but I'd be wrong, and I'd expect that others might tell me so.

WHOAH.... I just read the thread from start to finish and people certainly have some very passionate opinions and I think thats what EVERYONE has to realise they are a persons OPINIONS and everyone has the right to one... ;)

It sounds nice but in this instance I disagree. A number of aspects of RSPCA ACT's operations are matters of fact, not opinion.

If you have genuine criticisms to make of an organisation, you do your cause no favours by putting up additional accusations that have no basis in fact.

I might put forward an opinion that the moon is made of cream cheese but I'd be wrong, and I'd expect that others might tell me so.

I completly get what your saying, BUT.. (yes there is always a but :) ) People are aloud to believe what THEY want and are aloud to express there view...One person thinks RSPCA ACT are bad others think they are good and everyone should have the right to say what they think.....I just think that everyone got abit off topic and forgot what the thread was about.. Its about a GSD puppy that got stolen by someone and that is against the law regardless of where it got taken from.. I highly doubt that the RSPCA will do anything to this puppy if they get him back becasue of all the publicity that they have recieved..(yet again my opinion only)... A good debate is healthy for the soul. But its about a STOLEN PUPPY not what the RSPCA do or dont do...

FYI... I think the moon is made up of fluffy marshmellow.... :mad

Edited by Gilypoo

But they're not just saying RSPCA ACT is bad- there are wild accusations in there about killing of dogs and breed discrimination too. These things are not opinion when someone is stating them as fact and they are incorrect.

But they're not just saying RSPCA ACT is bad- there are wild accusations in there about killing of dogs and breed discrimination too. These things are not opinion when someone is stating them as fact and they are incorrect.

Ok then maybe the people that have an issue and the ones that are defending the RSCPA ACT should PM each other or start another thread, beacuse people like me who dont have an opinion either way as I have had no dealings with the RSPCA just wanted to know any updates on the GSD puppy and things are getting a little out of control... Like I said a debate is good for the soul but in the right place :)

R$PCA UK murdered 12 GSD's with a bolt gun, :cry: enraged the whole country. A person from GSD rescue UK said the R$PCA didn't even try to find homes or even contact them. :o :p ;)

A NSW R$PCA Inspector seized and nursed back to health a GSD, kept the dog with his own family for 10mths and gave the GSD to a woman who had lost her dog.

About 8 weeks later the woman claimed the GSD was too protective of her so this R$PCA Inspector put to sleep this poor dog. ;) :eek::eek: the R$PCA had the hide to say it was a wonderful story. :thumbsup:

A couple of years ago the R$PCA claimed they had all these GSD's, but when you go to the shelter the GSD's are not there because they're fertilizer. :p

It doesn't mater which country the R$PCA is in because are all the bloody same. ;) :D :D

That's exactly what happens and the "protective" GSD was probably a fear biter caused by poor genetics in the first place.

The R$PCA Inspector had the dog for 10mths with his own family, so if the GSD was a fear biter any fool would realize this as the GSD was an adult. But this boofhead Inspector took the word of another boofhead who had this poor dog 5 minutes :D :mad and the poor dog was PTS. :mad:mad:mad

This just goes to show the R$PCA knows nothing about dogs or dog breeds because GSD's are very protective of the family they love.

Or perhaps the dog's personality changed (as can happen as they mature) and they deemed it was not safe? What would you have said if they rehomed it to someone else, and it bit someone? What if people then started calling GSD's dangerous dogs and pushed for them to be banned? Sorry, but a dog with an unstable temperament of ANY BREED should not be rehomed. That's why greyhounds have a good reputation now, because one organisation went out of its way to ensure that only fantastic dogs were rehomed.

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :rofl: I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :eek:

Black Bronson,

Haven't you seen the R$PCA Temp tests on TV, Large doll shoved in front of terrified little dog if dog barks FAIL PTS. Throw ball, dog chases ball FAIL PTS. Young dog too playful and playbites FAIL PTS. Their temp tests are a bloody joke. :( :p :mad

I too would like to know how they would temp test an 8wk old GSD pup, they might use the "too protective" card. :mad:mad

Or perhaps the dog's personality changed (as can happen as they mature) and they deemed it was not safe? What would you have said if they rehomed it to someone else, and it bit someone? What if people then started calling GSD's dangerous dogs and pushed for them to be banned? Sorry, but a dog with an unstable temperament of ANY BREED should not be rehomed. That's why greyhounds have a good reputation now, because one organisation went out of its way to ensure that only fantastic dogs were rehomed.

Are you serious. :rofl::eek::(

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :) I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :D

So your argument then is that the RSPCA SHOULD be euthanising all GSD puppies of unknown parentage? Good to know where you stand on the issue :D

My stand is that the GSD puppy is off their hands, let it be and move on

R$PCA UK murdered 12 GSD's with a bolt gun, :D enraged the whole country. A person from GSD rescue UK said the R$PCA didn't even try to find homes or even contact them. :D :happydance::happydance:

About 8 weeks later the woman claimed the GSD was too protective of her so this R$PCA Inspector put to sleep this poor dog. :happydance::cheers::cheer: the R$PCA had the hide to say it was a wonderful story. :)

A couple of years ago the R$PCA claimed they had all these GSD's, but when you go to the shelter the GSD's are not there because they're fertilizer. :D

It doesn't mater which country the R$PCA is in because are all the bloody same. :cheer::cheer::rofl:

The R$PCA Inspector had the dog for 10mths with his own family, so if the GSD was a fear biter any fool would realize this as the GSD was an adult. But this boofhead Inspector took the word of another boofhead who had this poor dog 5 minutes :mad:mad and the poor dog was PTS. :mad:mad:mad

This just goes to show the R$PCA knows nothing about dogs or dog breeds because GSD's are very protective of the family they love.

Being protective is a good excuse for fear aggression and over sharpness in many GSD's who react to something that doesn't belong. A genuine "protective" GSD is calm and confident..........have a look at a good police dog.

Ok then maybe the people that have an issue and the ones that are defending the RSCPA ACT should PM each other or start another thread, beacuse people like me who dont have an opinion either way as I have had no dealings with the RSPCA just wanted to know any updates on the GSD puppy and things are getting a little out of control... Like I said a debate is good for the soul but in the right place :)

Soemtimes you can't just let misinformation and rumour stand uncorrected. The suggestion has been that it was right to steal that pup because it was at the ACT RSPCA. That is dangerous nonsense - dangerous for the pup itself.

More broadly what is happening at the shelter in Canberra could be a model for improved outcomes at RSPCA shelters across Australia. But if it is not allowed to distinguish itself by its good actions and policies because predjudice against the organisation is blind and immune to truth, that chance will be lost. We're OK, we are in Canberra. But animals elsewhere will miss out on better outcomes.

Guest Willow
Black Bronson,

Haven't you seen the R$PCA Temp tests on TV, Large doll shoved in front of terrified little dog if dog barks FAIL PTS. Throw ball, dog chases ball FAIL PTS. Young dog too playful and playbites FAIL PTS. Their temp tests are a bloody joke. :laugh::laugh::)

I too would like to know how they would temp test an 8wk old GSD pup, they might use the "too protective" card. ;) :D

That's certainly not how the temp tests are conducted at the RSPCA in WA....I have worked closely wiht the trainers who conduct the temp tests.....I've seen the same shows you have I think, I understand where this comment has come from, but again, not all RSPCA shelters are the same.....

Black Bronson,

Haven't you seen the R$PCA Temp tests on TV, Large doll shoved in front of terrified little dog if dog barks FAIL PTS. Throw ball, dog chases ball FAIL PTS. Young dog too playful and playbites FAIL PTS. Their temp tests are a bloody joke. :laugh::laugh::)

I too would like to know how they would temp test an 8wk old GSD pup, they might use the "too protective" card. ;) :D

Oh Tarope I hope you don't believe all that you see on TV...

No news on puppy I'm afraid, I hope he's safe and well.