Stolen German Shepherd Puppy

j

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know how many complete temperament assessments you have seen tarope. RSPCA branches ARE different- some are good, some not so good.

I've been to several Breed Surveys run by the GSDL and I didn't see any large dolls used :grouphug::grouphug:

This would appear to be the current version of what you have posted.

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-a-dangerous-dog_71.html

Currently, certain breeds are banned from importation into Australia by Commonwealth law. In addition, some Australian States have introduced breed-specific legislation which requires some breeds to be desexed and regulated. In some states the RSPCA is required to euthanase these breeds if they enter our shelters.

Regardless of breed, all dogs at RSPCA shelters go through a behavoural assessment test before they can be adopted. In this way we ensure that aggressive or dangerous dogs can be identified and that only dogs suitable for adoption are rehomed.

How do they do a behavioural assessment with an 8 week old GSD puppy :grouphug: I certainly wouldn't take the RSPCA's opinion of a GSD pup of unknown parentage how it will turn out as an adult in regard to health and temperament, they wouldn't have a clue, but they are happy to palm it off to someone regardless :grouphug:

Black Bronson,

Haven't you seen the R$PCA Temp tests on TV, Large doll shoved in front of terrified little dog if dog barks FAIL PTS. Throw ball, dog chases ball FAIL PTS. Young dog too playful and playbites FAIL PTS. Their temp tests are a bloody joke. :(:rofl::rofl:

I too would like to know how they would temp test an 8wk old GSD pup, they might use the "too protective" card. :rofl: ;)

Tarope, many GSD temperament tests are a joke especially when the testing parties are not familiar with the breed traits that make up a balanced temperament in a young dog. Too often, very good GSD's are failed and poor submissive temperaments are incorrectly passed as having good pet prospects which is the concern. I have seen too many times the result of incorrectly assessed GSD puppies as adults, with nervous unpredictable sharpness where the play biting, prey driven confident puppy failing the test would have grown into the best prospect as a family pet IMO.