Newborn Dies After Dog Attack

Norskgra

Newborn Dog Attack

A SEVEN-DAY-OLD infant died today after a dog attack in Florida.

Emergency crews responded to a call just after noon local time about an incident involving baby Thomas James Carter, Jr and a brindle-type pit bull in New Port Richey, north of Tampa, Florida.

Baby Thomas had more than 50 puncture wounds, deputies in Pasco County said.

He was taken to hospital but later pronounced dead.

The baby and his mother were sleeping in the same room as the dog. A neighbour knocked on the door around noon local time, and detectives said that was when the mother realised the child had been mauled.

Police are testing the mother, 16-year-old Nicole Koezeno, to see if she was under the influence of any kind of drugs.

Detectives said after the dog attacked the infant, then escaped the home and attacked another dog down the street.

Investigators said it had no history of being vicious anywhere else.

How sad for everyone.

The mother probably "shouldn't" have had the dog in the room with the baby, but many people just don't understand dog behaviour, and I'm sure she would never, ever have done it if she understood the possible consequences. Poor woman, now she has to live with it her entire life.

How sad. :laugh:

As a new mother you are conscious of every movement (I called it new mum paranoia), I can not see how a dog could inflict 50 punctures wounds without the dog or baby making enough noise to alert the mother in the same room.

That poor, poor baby another preventable tragedy :laugh:

There is NO way a new mother could sleep through her newborn being mauled.. it isn't possible.. unless she was under the influence of sedative drugs.

New mothers are wired to hear their babies... they might wake a few minutes after her baby had been crying in another room.. but in the same BED!.. not a chance.

Poor baby. RIP little one.

How you could sleep through a baby being mauled is beyond me :cry: she had to have been tripped out (passed out)! on something!

Or not in the house at the time?

That poor defenceless little baby :confused::rofl:

I am soooo over irresponsible owners and the whole dog attack situation. It is like a never-ending nightmare. One attack after another. :eek:

Souff

The mother was no woman either, she was a child herself.

And I agree, you just would not sleep through such an event......I wonder though if the baby was not dead before the dog bit it?? Who knows.

Very suss IMO.

I agree, there has to be more to the story. I know I had my daughter quite a few years ago but I woke at her slightest sound or movement from as soon as she was born. I am also the same when we have pups.

More to this than meets the eye I would say, something seems a miss here. Whats a 20yr old man doing with a 16yr old anyway. It is possible she was 15yrs when falling pregnant. If a 20yr old wanted to date our 16yr old daughter my OH would kill him?

Poor baby. Another helpless victim due to human stupidity RIP little one.

Poor baby. RIP Little Thomas

Wat i don't understand is how the dog was in the place. It wasnt her dog, did she have every door in her house open? including the front door, which would be very irresponsible.

Poor little baby, such a young life cut short :D

Little bub is in heaven now :rofl: