Family Pet Dogue De Bordeauxs Stolen And Killed

HollyMilo

Front page story in my local newspaper this morning :rofl:

I just can't imagine how someone could kill anything, but 2 dogs the size of Dogues, gah it's so hard to comprehend :laugh: My heart goes out to this family :rofl:

It's bloody scary to think whoever did this is walking around in our community.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2010/04/...ore-park-beach/

A FAMILY is heartbroken after their two pet dogs were stolen, slaughtered and dumped in a cane paddock in Moore Park Beach.

Sharon Grono first reported the “sweet and loving” Dogue De Bordeaux breed animals missing on April 5, sending letters to more than 60 businesses who deal with animals and alerting the police, RSPCA and council to be on the lookout.

The dogs, Bear and Georgia, weighing in at 85kg and 60kg and worth $3000 each, were found on Monday.

They were so badly mutilated they could not be taken home to bury.

“We have cried ourselves to sleep every night,” Mrs Grono said.

“They were part of the family. The way they were found, they would have just suffered so much.”

Mrs Grono, her husband and two teenage children moved from the Gold Coast to the region one year ago and plan to sell their home and move away after the incident.

“What makes me nervous is if people could kill a dog that size, they could do it to a person,” she said.

Mrs Grono said the family had been terrified since the animals were taken.

“We live on a five-acre property and there was no way they could have gotten out,” she said.

“They were definitely stolen. I don’t think we will ever move on.

“They came with us everywhere.

“They loved to go camping and play at the beach and in the bush. They never wandered or barked, they were such sweet animals.”

Mrs Grono said while she had never wished bad things on others, she hoped karma would find the killers.

“There are some very heartless and selfish people out there,” she said.

RSPCA manager Vicki Beer said she was devastated by the cruelty.

“I am heartbroken for that family,” she said.

“It makes me sick that someone could do that. They could have just let the dogs go and someone would have found them.”

Mrs Beer said this was not the first story of unbelievable animal cruelty she had heard of in the region.

“It seems to go through stages with dogs going missing,” she said.

“Most of the ones stolen are for breeding or fighting. The puppies of these big dogs could be very dangerous if they were crossed with a pit bull.”

Bundaberg police sergeant Grant Marcus said the case would be thoroughly investigated.

“Animal cruelty is taken very seriously here,” he said.

“Particularly in cases like this where the animals have been injured to the point of being killed. There are severe penalties for people that do this.”

Sgt Marcus said police were calling on anyone with information regarding the slayings to come forward.

“If anyone knows anything about this they should contact us or Crime Stoppers,” he said.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is sooo horrible, doesnt bear thinking about. Dogs that size would have tried to fight back :) :) :thumbsup:

I would also move out of the area. I could never live there again and wonder who the lunatic was who did this, and what if they strike again.

I would also move out of the area. I could never live there again and wonder who the lunatic was who did this, and what if they strike again.

I am afraid that this may not be the first time this sicko has done this :)

Last November 2 pet staffies went missing from Bargara and were found at Burnett Heads (all costal communities surrounding Bundaberg, as is Moore Park where the Dogues went missing from). The staffies were found alive but were so severely beaten that the female had to be PTS. The treating vet said that the females injuries were consistent with sexual abuse :thumbsup:

They haven't caught the person scum who did that so I am wondering if this latest attack on pet dogs could be the same person.

The following link appeared in the local newspaper back in November last year.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2009/11/...age-these-dogs/

Last November 2 pet staffies went missing from Bargara and were found at Burnett Heads (all costal communities surrounding Bundaberg, as is Moore Park where the Dogues went missing from). The staffies were found alive but were so severely beaten that the female had to be PTS. The treating vet said that the females injuries were consistent with sexual abuse :thumbsup:

They haven't caught the person scum who did that so I am wondering if this latest attack on pet dogs could be the same person.

The following link appeared in the local newspaper back in November last year.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2009/11/...age-these-dogs/

What absolute ( insert a word here)

There is a facebook page for the dog that was sexually abused, my thoughts are with the family.

:)

There isn't really enough information to get a picture of what happened. I hope that it did not play out the way they suspect but I would not be surprised. Those poor dogs.

Most of the ones stolen are for breeding or fighting

Sure they are. Then you woke up.

The puppies of these big dogs could be very dangerous if they were crossed with a pit bull.

Uh huh. RSPCA QLD :thumbsup:

eta

And this joker

Particularly in cases like this where the animals have been injured to the point of being killed. There are severe penalties for people that do this.

Must be some kind of backward town what a cast of characters.

Edited by Lo Pan

bordeauxs are popular with backyard breeders, puppy farms now and fighters. I have had people offer money for my entire boy to breed fighting dogs with. Problem is they see the DDB as a massive APBT and it fails. One bloke in Melbourne crossed APBT with DDBs and they were lanky, weak nerved failures.

Probably stolen then found out they were desexed or unbreedable and killed them. What a horrific thing to go through. And yes it is terrifying that someone could do this to an animal

Someone must know something; people like that would be bragging - but only to their mates who are probaly slapping them on their backs and making all sorts of horrible jokes. Let's hope one of those mates finds some decency and lets fall a word or two where it might help.

As for the family :thumbsup::):) . It doesn't bear thinking about what goes on in their heads and hearts. As we all know it is bad enough losing a much loved animal to old age after a life well lived, let alone in these sorts of circumstances.

Poor sweet dogs - makes my heart break and my stomach churn when I read these stories... I have to wonder though if one person would have been able to do this alone - stealing and causing such horrific injuries to two very large (85 kg and 60 kg) dogs. I'm sure its possible, but I suspect it's more likely that two or three people are involved, egging each other on and reinforcing each others sick behaviour. Its sickening and very scary.