Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow snag, I didn't realise that this was your first litter. I only just got in before you with my first :cry:

Wishing you heaps of luck for a smooth pregnancy and whelping :hug:

Thanx!!

Yeah she came in season around easter.. and i had a show on the easter weekend n she got her last points for her title so it was good.. One thing i wanted was to title her first, and so did her breeder

Yesterday my little girl lumbered around the ring at Temora to get BCC and RUBOB - still short of points for her title but we'll get them later.

Today we had our ultrasound to discover 8 babies.

No wonder she was trudging!!

2 weeks to go and counting. Trimmed her feathering under her belly and legs, whelping box is ready and I've got everything set up. :shrug:

Nipples are enlarging are just about touching the ground as she wattles about.

She gracefully wonders about the house, looking for food! :laugh: She is pounding on the weight, 9.2kilos today from 7.5kilos before in whelp.

Photo isn't great but it's a large belly full of growing babies.

002copy.jpg

2 weeks to go and counting. Trimmed her feathering under her belly and legs, whelping box is ready and I've got everything set up. :thanks:

She gracefully wonders about the house, looking for food! :thumbsup: She is pounding on the weight, 9.2kilos today from 7.5kilos before in whelp.

002copy.jpg

Have you hada US cavelblaze??

Congratulations Mercedes. :thumbsup:

Now it's cooling off am not sure about winter babies. It will be the first litter for us at this time of year. :thanks:

We have a heated whelping box but it's somewhat too large for Bree. Will be using a heated lamp and will I be staying in our granny flat (whelping room)with the reverse cycle a/c set to 24C at night, and left on if the days are cold as well.

Thanks Hesapandabear

We have a lovely big whelping box that OH made a few years ago, which is sealed for easy cleaning. We have a water bed heating pad that covers half the size of the box, so the bitches can get off the heating if they want / need to.

It will be very cold here for winter puppies, its already down to zero at night. Puppies will be born in the family room and then after the first two or three nights the box will be moved to the laundry which is still inside and runs off the family room.

We will leave the gas heating on all night and for the first week the heating pad. But one of us will be sleeping within ear shot of the box and will be aware of cold or over heated babies. Cant do more than that.

I still believe its prefereable to have winter babies here than summer babies. As I commented this week to the sire's owner -"you can always warm someone up, but when its 42 its hard to cool down"

2 weeks to go and counting. Trimmed her feathering under her belly and legs, whelping box is ready and I've got everything set up. :laugh:

She gracefully wonders about the house, looking for food! :thumbsup: She is pounding on the weight, 9.2kilos today from 7.5kilos before in whelp.

002copy.jpg

I was thinking exactly the same thing BBJ, have you had an U/S? do you know how many babies to expect.

I was thinking exactly the same thing BBJ, have you had an U/S? do you know how many babies to expect.

Yep we have a Ultrasound at 30 days and 4 clear blobs showed up but there was a possible fifth which is a shadow behind which the vet said he couldn't get a good veiw of. :thumbsup: Lele has whelped under her previous owners but this is her biggest litter, for a small cavalier she is carrying well. She is 5 years old and retiring afterwards. I'll be delighted with 4 but would 5 is a bonus, hopefully within the litter a healthy girl for me. :laugh:

Edited by Cavalblaze

Thanks Hesapandabear

We have a lovely big whelping box that OH made a few years ago, which is sealed for easy cleaning. We have a water bed heating pad that covers half the size of the box, so the bitches can get off the heating if they want / need to.

It will be very cold here for winter puppies, its already down to zero at night. Puppies will be born in the family room and then after the first two or three nights the box will be moved to the laundry which is still inside and runs off the family room.

We will leave the gas heating on all night and for the first week the heating pad. But one of us will be sleeping within ear shot of the box and will be aware of cold or over heated babies. Cant do more than that.

I still believe its prefereable to have winter babies here than summer babies. As I commented this week to the sire's owner -"you can always warm someone up, but when its 42 its hard to cool down"

mercedes I am with you on the winter over summer. I hada litter early Nov that were prem and I sure a lot the conributed to their death was the hot weather.

Then the litter in Feb it was hard keeping warm but also cool.