Rip Matey Xxxxxxx

feistylady

Firstly I must apologise for not coming back sooner to post. Oh it was not for want of trying I just couldn't get through my tears and even now I find I am still the same which has taken me by surprise.

I had Matey put peacefully to sleep not long after my last post here at the time on the 10th April. He is lovingly still with me in spirit in his special place in my garden.

My vet at the time was wonderful and I stayed with him throughout, I can still see myself nodding at the vet to give that final overdose to make him pain free and at peace I can never go through that again.

My big,big thanks to all of you wonderful people who gave me advice and support at the time. bless you all

Firstly I must apologise for not coming back sooner to post. Oh it was not for want of trying I just couldn't get through my tears and even now I find I am still the same which has taken me by surprise.

I had Matey put peacefully to sleep not long after my last post here at the time on the 10th April. He is lovingly still with me in spirit in his special place in my garden.

My vet at the time was wonderful and I stayed with him throughout, I can still see myself nodding at the vet to give that final overdose to make him pain free and at peace I can never go through that again.

My big,big thanks to all of you wonderful people who gave me advice and support at the time. bless you all

Feistylady,

I am so very sorry for your loss. You gave him the kindest gift of all - forever in your heart.

RIP Matey :hug:

Michelle,

THE LAST BATTLE

If it should be that I grow frail and weak

and pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done,

For this--the last battle--can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,

Don't let grief then stay your hand,

For on this day, more than the rest,

Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,

What is to come can hold no fears

You'd not want me to suffer, so.

When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me til the end

And hold me firm and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree

it is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you

Who has to decide this thing to do;

We've been so close--we two--these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

" Your love and friendship stood the test " May Matey enjoy his time at the bridge until you join him. The love and bond you share is never broken, his spirit will always be with you.

You have been so much in my thoughts since your last post.

Love and Hugs,

Julie

That is beautiful Julie

Matey , you are now pain free at the Rainbow Bridge, watching over your Humans

My thoughts are with you FeistyLady.

All of us have had to make this decision at some stage and even if the dog is in it's senior years it still hurts

At least with animals we can let them 'die with dignity' - alas we cannot do that with our Human loved ones.