Neuter Classes

Sayreovi

So I am aware of the new neuter class rules that all dogs entered to receive points towards a title starting July.

Are all clubs obliged too now offer a neuter class?

As points are too be awarded I thought it was a 'must have' class or can the organisers of shows still not offer the class?

Just curious as I just received my May catalogue with July/August shows in there but none offer it, plus I have a desexed male who would love to get back into the show ring :laugh:

Sorry if the reason has been stated elsewhere, I can't remember what was really happening.

Edited by tollersowned

All shows may offer Neauter classes and if so must give ch & bob - it is not compulsory.

This I believe applies in all states except QLD who are sticking with the opinion that comformation shows are for entire dogs only as showing is all about assessing breeding stock - I think I got that right - I am sure someone will correct if not.

So I am aware of the new neuter class rules that all dogs entered to receive points towards a title starting July.

Are all clubs obliged too now offer a neuter class?

As points are too be awarded I thought it was a 'must have' class or can the organisers of shows still not offer the class?

Just curious as I just received my May catalogue with July/August shows in there but none offer it, plus I have a desexed male who would love to get back into the show ring :laugh:

Sorry if the reason has been stated elsewhere, I can't remember what was really happening.

Clubs have to forward their show notice for printing in the journal no less than 5 months prior to the event. This is how it is in NSW, don't know about other states. Bearing this in mind, it may take a little time for the neuter classes to be offered.

Thanks for the info.

Didn't realise secretaries have to send in their schedules so early. I was only thinking a month or two and they knew it was coming in effect 1st July so was wondering what the go is....

Will patiently wait then till I see them offered! :laugh:

Neuter Classes are not compulsory. NSW did try to make it so but it was rejected at a NSWCC board meeting :laugh:

I believe that Rylstone/Kandos will be offering them in July and if so I will be attending. Just by offering this class I will make the trip and probably take 6-8 dogs (not all neuter) with me. Good entries for the club and a chance for me to get a start with my neuter on a title for her.

I will be watching to see what clubs offer neuter class and trying to attend if possible.

Neuter Classes are not compulsory. NSW did try to make it so but it was rejected at a NSWCC board meeting :(

Was that before or after points for neuter classes was introduced? As I was under the impression that any class that had points offered was compulsory? :hug:

Was that before or after points for neuter classes was introduced? As I was under the impression that any class that had points offered was compulsory? :)

After. Not all classes that offer points are compulsory now, there is limit, state bred, graduate, just to name a few.

There are neuter classes at Hills Dist (Sydney) on the 15th May. Entries are open till the 5th if anyone wants to get one in!

But points do not come in effect for neuter until July 1st so there will be no points on offer for Neuter at Hills District.

There are neuter classes at Hills Dist (Sydney) on the 15th May. Entries are open till the 5th if anyone wants to get one in!

But points do not come in effect for neuter until July 1st so there will be no points on offer for Neuter at Hills District.

Nope but good practice :) I've entered - the Hills District Shows are practically the only ones who offer Neuter classes and Sweepstakes in the Sydney area these days. I make sure I enter their shows each year for this reason (and have a few fringies to show for it :) ) Looking forward to more shows after 1 July.

Edited by caslero