Dog Friendly Camping/cabins

laffi

Riverwood Downs! It's so dog friendly they have a dining room at the restaraunt where dogs are allowed. We stayed there over Easter and the dogs were allowed in the room with us. You can also camp and there are dog-friendly cabins. It's on a farm up near Gloucester. The only problem is a LOT of people go there with their dogs. Some of the dogs aren't friendly. :laugh: But we've only been there when it's super busy and just kept the dogs on leash around the camp sites and we didn't have any problems. It's probably a lot better in quieter times.

Hey,

Went to great spot much more private than Riverwood.

Allyn Riverside cabins.

Only 2 on site

On a private property with cows and close to river (15-35m)

About same cost as Riverwood.

Just outsdie Barrington Nat Pk.

We had a ball. BUT the water is chilly, didn't stiop the kids and pup.

Riverwood Downs! It's so dog friendly they have a dining room at the restaraunt where dogs are allowed. We stayed there over Easter and the dogs were allowed in the room with us. You can also camp and there are dog-friendly cabins. It's on a farm up near Gloucester. The only problem is a LOT of people go there with their dogs. Some of the dogs aren't friendly. :laugh: But we've only been there when it's super busy and just kept the dogs on leash around the camp sites and we didn't have any problems. It's probably a lot better in quieter times.

This place looks fantastic but did I read correct they charge $16 per dog? If yes is this for food or can you bring your own and not pay the $16.

I have four dogs so it would be cheaper to not bring them if I had to pay $16 each

Riverwood Downs! It's so dog friendly they have a dining room at the restaraunt where dogs are allowed. We stayed there over Easter and the dogs were allowed in the room with us. You can also camp and there are dog-friendly cabins. It's on a farm up near Gloucester. The only problem is a LOT of people go there with their dogs. Some of the dogs aren't friendly. :cheers: But we've only been there when it's super busy and just kept the dogs on leash around the camp sites and we didn't have any problems. It's probably a lot better in quieter times.

This place looks fantastic but did I read correct they charge $16 per dog? If yes is this for food or can you bring your own and not pay the $16.

I have four dogs so it would be cheaper to not bring them if I had to pay $16 each

The $16 does not include food. It's kind of like paying for the right to let your filthy, wet dog go and sleep on the bed with you. They get quite dirty running around on the farm and swimming in the river, so I guess it's to cover the extra cleaning. :laugh:

The rooms are pretty small. I wouldn't want to try to cram 4 dogs in. Not sure about the cabins as we've never stayed there.

I agree, Riverwood Downs is great. We were there mid Jan and there weren't that many dogs there. We have a caravan and probably every 2nd or 3rd campsite had a dog. We didn't have our dog at the time.

With 3 little kids we were cautious but the dogs were all very well behaved and i think i heard only one bark in 3 days.

Can't wait to take our dog there soon.

Riverwood Downs! It's so dog friendly they have a dining room at the restaraunt where dogs are allowed. We stayed there over Easter and the dogs were allowed in the room with us. You can also camp and there are dog-friendly cabins. It's on a farm up near Gloucester. The only problem is a LOT of people go there with their dogs. Some of the dogs aren't friendly. :cheers: But we've only been there when it's super busy and just kept the dogs on leash around the camp sites and we didn't have any problems. It's probably a lot better in quieter times.

The $16 does not include food. It's kind of like paying for the right to let your filthy, wet dog go and sleep on the bed with you. They get quite dirty running around on the farm and swimming in the river, so I guess it's to cover the extra cleaning. :laugh:

The rooms are pretty small. I wouldn't want to try to cram 4 dogs in. Not sure about the cabins as we've never stayed there.

Thanks for clearing that up, we normally have someone stay at our house because it is hard to take four away with us.

Those cabins look heaps better than the ones at Riverwood Downs. Rd is great as everyone has said, but the spa cabins are a rip off for what they are. If I went back I wouldnt stay in a regular cabin - probably a step down in terms of accommodation but more appropriately priced.