Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

i never got into flyball, i like the idea of agility but I dont know if I really could get into it. Echo would be amazing for agility with his stamina atm lol.

Gosh I took echo for a walk today and he was great, I let the neighbours kids pat echo today, i felt pretty sure he wouldnt be an idiot about it and thankfully I was right, he sat down, pulled his ears back and had the most submissive and gentle behaviour ever, never once tried to jump up and even when they all smothered and surrounded him he stayed very calm and gentle! I ended up needing to pry him away from them to continue our walk, they wouldnt stop lol, Echo was also beginning to get a little upset with them telling him to sit in their high pitched voices making him very confused and he started to whine. Also stopped at the nice mans house on the way back(unfortunately he tried to jump at this bloke, maybe its a big person thing?) for pats and a chat.

Yeah I'm actually thinking of getting a second dog just to tire Mindy out a bit and keep her entertained. Naughty I know, but i still think i can provide another dog with a loving home. I mean what dog wouldn't want company all day (human and dog) and 4 walks a day!

I think its alot better than the alternative for pound/rescue dogs!

I've thought of that too. But to be honest, you know what's going to happen. Firstly, you won't be able to take the dog unless you feel that *tug*. Then, it will steal your heart - you know it will!

Flyball is awsome and highly addictive :cry:

I'll be at the Easter show tomorrow for the flyball demos and next weekend as well.

I'm with you. We're at demos in Vic this weekend. Should be fun!

KTB and Wuffles: Max doesn't have anyone to play with during the day, and I'm it in the evenings. Part of me likes that he wants to play with me all evening (you should see the look he's giving me now) - but now I'm worried that I should be training for more calm. I've seen that relaxation protocol by that lady - and it doesn't do it for me. I'm not that calm!!!! Am I creating a monster??????

KTB and Wuffles: Max doesn't have anyone to play with during the day, and I'm it in the evenings. Part of me likes that he wants to play with me all evening (you should see the look he's giving me now) - but now I'm worried that I should be training for more calm. I've seen that relaxation protocol by that lady - and it doesn't do it for me. I'm not that calm!!!! Am I creating a monster??????

Haha - not at all. The only reason we needed an offswitch for our doggies is that we both cherish our computer time and 'human time' so the dogs have to learn to sit quietly for that :cry: I doubt Max is anywhere near being a monster :)

Yeah so I just went outside with him for five minutes and thought about it. If he was a monster, he'd be unbearable to live with. But he's not. He's not destructive either. He's funny, playful, sweet, smart and really good company - as well as being a good conversationalist! :cry:

Yeah so I just went outside with him for five minutes and thought about it. If he was a monster, he'd be unbearable to live with. But he's not. He's not destructive either. He's funny, playful, sweet, smart and really good company - as well as being a good conversationalist! :)

:cry: I'd just say, train for what you want! If you want him calm of an evening, train for that, but if you like the constant thud of a ball in your lap, train for that :cheer:

My dogs are both fast asleep - Satch on his bed and Ava beside the couch. Ahhhh, peace...

Wowzers! That walking backwards through the leg thing is weird and clever!

There's your benchmark KTB! I expect to see Hoover and Elbie walking their back legs up a wall next time I see 'em!

D'ya reckon I could get Kuma to jump through my arms :cheer: :cheer:

:cry::):cheer: :cheer: :) :)

Yeah I saw that and thought "Good Lord, there is NO WAY I could do that with Roo!" I'm unco enough as it is without trying to catch 28kg of Labrador behind my back!

I am trying to teach mindy to do that, well, not behind my back. I have always wanted a dog to jump into my arms!

I'm with you, Max! I'm starting to wonder about this 'calm' thing too Haha Astrid is currently running zoomies from me to the front room with her teddy in her mouth, stopping intermittently to 'kill' him, on every lap I get a 'poke' with soggy ted then she takes off again. She's not asking me to play as such, just 'including' me I think lol. This is pretty standard whenever I am on the computer

max 1, i was the same, i love the way raz would play bow and bark at me when it was play time, now willow and raz play lots, and i know it was me who was preventing raz from playing :) just cause i didnt feel like it all the time, he is beginning to ask me to play again (maybe the willow novelty is wearing off) and he is beginning to nudge me to play again like he used to :cry:

Yeah I saw that and thought "Good Lord, there is NO WAY I could do that with Roo!" I'm unco enough as it is without trying to catch 28kg of Labrador behind my back!

The video footage would be worth it, though! :)

Oh God, it would be Funniest Home Videos worthy, that's for sure! You'd hear

"Ruby! Up!"

then

*crash!*

*Sound of breaking bones*

Followed by me sprawled head first into the dirt.

"Ooffff..owwwwww...getoffme...Ican'tbreathe!Ruby!"

And Ruby going

*Bum wiggle, bum wiggle*

"Did I do it? Huh? Mama? Did I do good? Hey? Whaddya think? Mama? Geddup!"

:) :) ;)

Yeah, do it! When you win AFHV you can spend the money you win on physio and restorative treatments!! :)

I really want to teach Kuma "up" so he puts his paws on my shoulders, but am wary of setting a bad precedence (i.e. he'll do it when I don't want it). He already paws up to my waist and tries to hug me

I was worried about this too when we taught Kyojin it, but so far he's never thrown himself against us without us asking him to (except for when we first taught him & there was the occasional confusion with hi 5)

max 1, i was the same, i love the way raz would play bow and bark at me when it was play time, now willow and raz play lots, and i know it was me who was preventing raz from playing :laugh: just cause i didnt feel like it all the time, he is beginning to ask me to play again (maybe the willow novelty is wearing off) and he is beginning to nudge me to play again like he used to :D

Well that sounds like good news!!!

And don't feel bad for when you don't feel like it. You are the human/boss/(dare I say)pack leader after all!

Just got home from the flyball demo at the Royal Easter Show. It rained so much I got so soaked and I had a dog that had to shake every time one drop of rain hit him and sooked so much. He's such a litlle cry baby.

But he did so well, he just keeps getting better and better

Glad you guys had a good time at the Royal Easter Show, sucks about the rain though..

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics from today.

Mars sunbaking..

5626665775_f37976dc3a.jpg

Mars having a snooze.. I'd take a pic of Pepper, but she's wedged herself behind where I'm sitting.

5626667149_0c2123ecce.jpg

Hi People!

Sorry I have been MIA. I spent last week in Perth for a wedding and it was just a massively busy week! Am glad to be back home, but have also returned to work yesterday after 4 weeks off, so that is now consuming me! Only 4 weeks to go though (take out easter and it's a bit less!!), so the count down is officially on!

Genevieve had a daddy-daughter week, as she stayed at home with Hubby. He was working from home and even took her with him down to Geelong a couple of days last week, so she has been on some adventures. Apparently she was very well behaved in my absence! Of course, he flew out this morning and has been a bit of a terror for me! I think she could have a bit of separation anxiety this week, as she has had us both at home for the last 4 or 5 weeks and now all of a sudden, she's back to the same old routine.

Wish me luck for going home tonight!!!