Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

It would depend on the dog, kyliegirl. Ava doesn't need lots of exercise to be happy (as long as she is with us she is very chilled and relaxed) but she would still go and go and go for hours. Her mum is a VERY laidback dog.

Happy birthday to my Ruby Roo. In honour of her 1st birthday, it snowed! I'm sure her Canadian ancestors would have been right at home too :)

Also in honour of her birthday, the birthday portrait. And doesn't she just look thrilled?! ;) :laugh:

Rubycrown.jpg

rubyhat2.jpg

ok a question for you multiple doggy homes: now when you have a new pup do you make sure you have alone time with the pup? and put the others outside in penns or crates? or do you just let the pack stay together the whole time? and spend only kinda group times with them?

basically i feel like i should make a pen outside somewhere and daily put them both in there at separate times so i can have alone time with the new girl and my baby boy for bonding and training purposes...should i do that? or is that me overthinking again? and i should just let them stay together all the time? except when im training obviously (however i see every interaction as a training one)

so KTB basically do you separate your dogs at all? for alone time with each? or do you just spend all your time with both?

i know...im overthinking again, but i really need to get into a routine with them, atm i just train whenever and do whatever :shrug:

DB: I like to make sure all my dogs can cope being on their own without being dependent on one another. So I will take them for separate walks, I will train them separately, I will have one inside while I play with one outside etc.

hi dandybrush

We don't go out of our way to separate them for huge chunks of time - we work all day and time is precious so I'd say we spend most of the time all together - the four of us :) It's a tricky one but it will probably sort itself out quite naturally e.g. you'll take willow to puppy class and raz will be left alone. Raz will go to obedience/agility and willow won't go. You'll take one dog out for a walk and the other will be left at home. That's what happened with our two. We do a lot of training together but also apart. Training them together has its benefits - willow will watch and learn tricks from raz.

thanx guys, yes huski i am the same i want them to operate independently of each other, penning may be extreme ill just do as you say ktb take them out separately for their walks and training classes etc. and as you said huski play with one at a time (and/or train) if i feel the desire by locking the other one in or out

Never get two dogs of the same gender (they will kill each other). Never get two dogs of similar age - they will die at the same time.

DSC06338.jpg

They will also share a bed :)

That is just the sweetest thing ever...

• 2 weeks later...