Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

oh they're sooooo cute! Kuma's not that smart. i can get him to watch, touch, sit and down... that's about it! Actually maybe he is smart and I'm just not a good teacher! :laugh::laugh:

Haha! Elbie's 'drop dead' wouldn't win him any Oscars. I've posted asking for help over in the "dog tricks" sub-sub-forum in making it better but alas that sub-sub-forum isn't very active so for now, Elbie will just to resemble a dead bug on its back when he plays dead :mad

I think it would be awesome to see Kuma doing the 'dead' trick. If he can drop and rollover then he should be able to master the trick. Hmm .. I'd pay money to see an akita rollover :)

Here is Elbie leaping into position for heel (

). As usual he does it with great energy - I always eye the placid labradors and golden retrievers at obedience school with great envy - they seem to do everything with unhurried dignity :laugh:

Here Elbie gets mixed up between getting into position for heel with ummm .. peekaboo. I really hope he doesn't so that on Sunday at obedience class :laugh: (

) Edited by koalathebear

It was funny but a bit gross at the same time. I've never seen him drool while sleeping before and it was particularly elasticky drool :laugh: He does drool when waiting for his food for a long time, though. Since he's been a very tiny puppy we made him wait for his food and he used to sit there and quiver but we found out that for obedience, he'll probably have to do a sit stay and wait for 30 seconds for his food as part of "mealtime manners". I practised making him wait for 30 seconds and he definitely waited but I felt so bad for him because while he was waiting he was staring at the food intently and drooling all over the floor :laugh:

I used to have an Alaskan Malamute, and he didn't drool too much (though he was mouthy when excited so I used to get stickied then lol) except when every night I used to take him for a walk and not far from where I lived then there was a small deli/cafe and the owner just LOVED my dog. He used to save a cheese sausage or other tasty snack for him (cheese sausage was his fav though) and as soon as we hit the bottom of the street the cafe was on he would start drooling! It would get everywhere lol. Then he would drool a puddle on the ground while waiting for his snack when we got there. I am sure that the owner of that place thinks that Malamutes are incredibly drooly dogs since that's the only state he ever saw my dog in.

I love that little hop into the heel position, he's just a bundle of energy, isn't he lol. :mad I love the twitchy play dead too.

I love Elbie's 'dead' trick; it's so hammy. I am sure if he were human he'd have one hand over his forehead, one on his heart, loudly wailing "alas, you have slain me!" as he assumed an appropriately dramatic death position.

ravenau1: that is a hilarious story and your dog sounds like it was super lovable, drool and all. I used to be all squeamish about dog drool and now I'm like - wipe drooly hand on left jeans leg :laugh:

naomi: that is so sweet of you - sometimes I feel remarkably stupid posting about my puppy but he really does make us laugh a LOT and we have so much fun with him that I like sharing. I've met heaps of really nice people as a result so I'm getting over the feelings of stupidity :laugh:

baykinz: Haha. I wouldn't put it past Elbie at all! He enjoys acting! Sometimes he lies on his mat, head on his paws looking up at us with extremely innocent eyes but if you go in closer and examine - we realise that he is secretly gnawing on his mat and using his paws or even a toy to cover up his dark and nefarious deeds!

Lazy Elbie

elbie202.jpg

Elbie and his wonky ears

elbie203.jpg

elbie204.jpg

elbie205.jpg

elbie206.jpg

Elbie and one of his many, many squeaky toys

elbie207.jpg

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - it's Elborino!

elbie208.jpg

Today, we were taking photos of our new house to send to my in-laws even though we still haven't finished unpacking our boxes yet. Elbie decided to cameo in quite a few of the photos :)

Bathroom

horsleyaugust01.jpg

Spare room

horsleyaugust02.jpg

horsleyaugust03.jpg

kavik: thanks :laugh: He's a very funny little dog - he makes us laugh every day

kyliegirl: thanks! Embarrassingly, Elbie was in our minds when choosing our house. When we were first looking (sans dog) we were looking for a very small yard, unfussed about carpet. Post-Elbie, we wanted a house with a yard and no carpet. So we're all happy now and it's awesome for playing hide and seek :confused:

Poor Elbie. It's been a tough week.

First of all, his mean owners kept him outside in the cold, harsh Canberra winter ...

sympathy.jpg

loser05.jpg

He has a warm kennel for his "outside moments" - he just chooses to lie on the door mat sometimes for some reason :laugh:

Then this morning when he woke up, his ears were still wonky and indecisive

loser03.jpg

Then at Dog School, he got too distracted during loose-leash walking training and was summarily and arbitrarily banished from the group without trial, remedy, recourse, appeal or opportunity to settle down!

loser00.jpg

Then he entered the Biggest Fluffiest Dog in Canberra contest but lost to Kuma the Akita.

kuma02.jpg

Elbie had his revenge by photobombing Kuma's victory photograph

loser02.jpg

But then when it came to receiving treats in the off-lead area, poor Elbie ended up being labelled Loser again

loser01.jpg

What's a poor dog to do? :laugh:

loser04.jpg

Edited by koalathebear