What Do You And Your Dog/s Do?

Very stunning Dobe btw.

After all he is a National winner, Grand Champ, Challenge dog at 3 Sydney Royals, multi BIS all breeds etc. etc

No wonder your girls are crazy - he is very handsom.... :mad

Now he is retired and practicing CPX, as well as dancing with his crazy owner and loving it :mad

(Sorry to hijack the threat)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Josh did obedience for 12 months, he got totally bored. I then did tracking with him, he loved it, but I was totally bored. Did some flyball and he got his FDCh. But I worry about injuries, and flyball is very political. Did some agility with him, but saw the height he had to jump and thought no way. Did Lure coursing, and he and I both loved it, but because he is a big dog there is no where, where we can do this regularly. Though at the pet and pony expo spoke to some deer hound people and they said some of the site hound clubs let non sight hound dogs have a go. Also have done some retrieving with him and entered a retrieving trial. He loves retrieving. Also done a few tricks with him. I also quite regularly will go to dog fun days and enter fun comps, have won heaps of stuff. The Pet & Pony Expo at Rosebud said they want me to demo next year but I am not allowed to enter their fun comps.

With Moses (toller) have done

obedience

tracking (small amount)

flyball (he has his FDCh)

Agility (planning to compete this year, still working on weavers)

Lurecoursing (he loves it)

Dog Tricks

Retrieving (just been to a couple of training sessions)

Dog Fun Days

I found that a lot of dog sports compliment each other.

Obedience helped with agility, I have the dogs attention. But I had to work at getting him to work on the right. Flyball helped with retrieving, and working with a huge amount of distractions and going and working by himself without me at his side. Tricks helped him to learn quicker.

I do flygility and found it helps Tui an awful lot with normal agility. It means that I don't have to run beside her, she learnt directional commands quicker and I only have to call out the piece of equipment and she gets there as quick as she can. There's no way I can run as fast as she can and learning to go by herself means our times are better.

Diana

Leila and I are CHAMPIONS in our field...

We can sleep all day if the need arises, on the sofa, on the floor, on the dog bed in the human bed, in the dirt, under the tree....anyhwhere really.

Ok then:

The maremma crew: Oscar and Guiness McGuinness take care of my cashmere goats, Casper and Angelina take care of the ewes and their lambs, Dennys Dog and Margali take care of the dry ewes, and Lucinda and Lucky take care of the weaners. Gina has just arrived( rescue lassie) and she met her first ram today.

Jakie and The Divine Miss Sophie each have a doctorate in sofa hounding.