Act Man In Court Over Rottweiler Death

quintessence

What a prize a---hole. Tough man he thinks he is. I hope he gets to spend some time rotting in prison and chokes on the first thing that enters his mouth ....

His parents are guilty too I'm afraid, they should have put a stop to it long before - after all, it was actually happening in their own backyard, wasn't it?

Stories like these make me wish there was a Name and Shame website with all the names of animal abusers who are caught.

Excrement-covered dogs.... what a nasty nasty piece of work. :laugh: Oxygen thief.

Edited by Ms Genki

Sounds like those survivors are a lost cause or not too far from it.

I do not know exactly how much it will require to make judges apply tougher sentences but posting this link can't hurt.

Further reading material: Sentencing under our anti-cruelty statutes: why our leniency will come back

to bite us - by Katrina Sharman, member of Voiceless, [Warning: does describe graphic acts of abuse by oxygen thieves] http://www.groups.psychology.org.au/Assets...arman_paper.pdf

Will be looking out for sentencing day to see what eventuates.

Edited by Ms Genki

How disgusting. Ahhhh, people make me so angry!

This also serves as a reminder for people to dob in neighbours who abuse their animals.

RIP darling Rotty. I wish I was your family and could have helped you. :noidea:

How terrible! I don't understand people at times

I will say it again, if a dog even slightly hurts a human it's the death sentence, yet humans are constantly allowed to abuse & kill dogs & get a slap on the wrist.

Time judges started handing out serious jail time to these bastards. :noidea:

Edited by mantis

This will be an interesting one to watch through the courts. The ACT courts have the unenviable status of being one of the most lenient in the country. I'm astounded that he was even remanded in custody.

This will be an interesting one to watch through the courts. The ACT courts have the unenviable status of being one of the most lenient in the country. I'm astounded that he was even remanded in custody.

Can anyone explain why that is?

I don't know that I can explain it other than the Magistrates are gutless.

ACT has only just opened its first gaol and previously, those who did actually receive sentences were transferred to (mostly) Goulburn prison, with an additional cost to the ACT for housing them. Whether this had any effect on sentencing previously is pure speculation on my part. Now that we have our own prison, it doesn't seem that people are getting sentences relevant to their crimes. The prison has just been filled up with those who have been transferred back from NSW and Victoria

There hasn't been a successful murder prosecution for 12 years in the ACT. Prime example, Glenn Porrit, stabbed his mother 57 times, yet Chief Justice Higgins agreed that he didn't actually mean to kill her, so he was released with no further time to serve, other than the time he served while on remand.

This web link http://the-riotact.com/?s=Glen+Porritt takes you to many pathetic sentencing results in the ACT for serious crimes. One name crops up again and again.

And to think he would have been able to control his dog with a little bit of training and some exercise.

Exactly... there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

I'd like someone to try his 'technique' on him, repeatedly... see if it really does work, and see if it can make him do as he's told.

RIP poor dog... watch over the survivors of such torture and ensure they go on to happy, healthy lives.