Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Is this article about one of a DOL poster?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland...00512-uvdu.html

Women injured and animals killed in overnight fires

MARISSA CALLIGEROS

May 12, 2010 - 7:56AM

Two people have been injured and and a number of animals killed or hurt in separate house fires in South-East Queensland overnight.

At 3.15am fire engulfed a dog breeder's home in Caboolture, north of Brisbane, where at least 20 dogs were kenneled.

Firefighters battled the fire at the Ellwood Drive property in Bellmere for nearly an hour, but at least two dogs died in the blaze.

RSPCA spokesman Michael Beatty said one adult dog, two puppies and a cat which suffered smoke inhalation and severe burns were also taken to an animal shelter.

"Our ambulance is now going to pick up another 10 dogs from the property that survived, but are believed to be injured,” Mr Beatty said.

He said firefighters feared several more dogs may have died in the blaze.

"We do not know exactly how many dogs died inside the house. Firefighters did say there were a number of bodies there."

Meanwhile a mother-of-two suffered burns to her airways when fire engulfed her family's home in Goodna, Ipswich.

The family of four managed to escape the burning home after they were woken by a smoke alarm, but the house was gutted.

Firefighters were called to the Arkins Cresent home about 11.40pm, however they found it engulfed in flames and could do little to save the property.

The woman was taken to the Royal Brisbane Hospital for treatment.

Fire investigators are due to scour the two properties today in a bid to determine the causes of the blazes.

Edited by Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is a well known member of dogz - We're onto it.

Julie

:) ;) oh no.

Please let me know if there's anything you need.

fifi

:laugh: oh no. Waiting to hear what you need from us. My very worst fear. I have goosebumps.

O.K. We know she is in Brisbane but dont know yet how serious her injuries are.

There are 12 dogs dead and we will be looking after the surviving dogs and the 2 horses.

Julie

Jed is really really big on keeping her identity private but after discussion with the board of the MDBA we have agreed that this is an exception and considering channel 7 are doing a big story on her its a bit pointless to skirt around it. Im sure Jed will forgive me for sharing this with you.

The best cocker spaniel in the world has died along with Jed's older boxers and some of her cavs who have been her heart and passion.

Some cavs have survived and also 3 boxer pups. Their Mum is dead.

Thanks Julie,

I'm numb, this kind of grief is too much to imagine one of out treasured own enduring.

I'm here for fundraising if you need it or donation of goods.

Sending you love Jed.

fifi