Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

OMG this is horrible news

:p RIP all the poor little doggies that didnt make it :thumbsup: May you run free

I look forward to reading all of Jed's posts like everyone else

Kudos to MDBA for jumping in to help so quickly and doing the pratical things for Jed :thumbsup:

Its beautiful to see everyone rallying around a fellow DOLer in their time of need :thumbsup:

Donation to be sent on payday

Sending all my thoughts to Jed and her loved ones

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don;t understand this bit??

RSPCA Queensland spokesman Michael Beatty said it seemed most of the dogs had been living inside the Ellwood Drive property and they appeared to be in good condition.

They have been seized on animal welfare grounds

Seized?? Please tell me that it is just poorly worded???

I bloody hope so otherwise the whole of DOL will be making a ruckus over it!

RSPCA Queensland spokesman Michael Beatty said it seemed most of the dogs had been living inside the Ellwood Drive property and they appeared to be in good condition.

That was my concern too. I hope that its just RSPCA grandstanding and that what Steve has indicated was going to happen will actually happen.

But the article makes it sound like Jed was an animal horder - naming 3 different breeds, that there were 20 dogs and they were all living in the house...

That's the RSPCA for you though.

I agree Tianakaesha

The love Jed had for her dogs always shone through in each and every post.

Come on Jed - we're all behind you ... Keep fighting

Ugh. I hate the RSPCA reporting and giving statements on anything... that story didn't sound nice at all.

Anne, they would have seized them (ie: gained temporary ownership) to remove them from the dangerous property.

But the article makes it sound like Jed was an animal horder - naming 3 different breeds, that there were 20 dogs and they were all living in the house...

That's the RSPCA for you though.

But the word seized implies they were taken with an order, not taken in because they needed care while a woman's life hangs in the balance!??

Jed has suffered burns to approx 15% of her body and her airways are badly damaged. Her condition is critical.Her daughter has given approval to the RSPCA to release the animals to us and Marg and Lesley are almost there to take them home.

Jed has suffered burns to approx 15% of her body and her airways are badly damaged. Her condition is critical.Her daughter has given approval to the RSPCA to release the animals to us and Marg and Lesley are almost there to take them home.

Good news. - edited - I mean good news about the dogs being released.

Edited by ~Anne~

OH God, I hope family can get the other dogs out of the rspca.

This is utterly what Jed would not want - her animals siezed.

Before people start going off on another tangent and assuming all sorts of dramatic interpretations, note that Steve has already said that the dogs will be being looked after by people Jed knows.

Probably has been poorly worded because some of the dogs have been injured in the fire. The RSPCA said that the dogs had been taken in their Ambulance.

If the RSPCA have them they will be in trouble. Is anyone up that way able to approach them to get the dogs out into foster care?

Just saw Steve's post. Thank you MDBA.

Edited by reddog21

Thank God.

I know that I speak for everyone in saying I'm not remotely surprised that Jed has placed her own life at risk to save her dogs. I hope she is able to make a full physical recovery.

Edited by Trisven13

Just devistating. Sending healing vibes to Jed and the surviving animals.

Steve, thanks for jumping on this and even for having graves for her to visit, I can imagine that will mean so much.

OMG this is just horrible! When I read the article on the web this morning I wondered if it might have been a DOLer.

I can only imagine the terror of it all. Such a devastating loss, it’s bad enough losing all the treasured possessions, but to lose your dogs is just beyond heart breaking.

I too have always enjoyed reading Jed’s posts and have found them very informative and respectful, regardless of the topic.

I hope that Jed recovers quickly.

Thank you Steve and MDBA Pacers for coordinating all the support and making arrangements for the animals, it must be huge relief for Jed.

I will make a donation when I get paid tomorrow morning.

Sending love and healing vibes to Jed and her skin and fur family. May everyone make a speedy recovery.

RIP to those dogs who didn’t make it.

Quoting this again

Good news. - edited - I mean good news about the dogs being released.

Ditto.

Hope she pulls through ok :thumbsup:

Does anyone have bank account details for Jane herself so funds can be donated directly to her?

If you donate to MDBA pacers they'll see that she gets it.

Very glad the dogs will be in safe hands. I truly hope Jed pulls through.

Edited by Bundy's Mum