Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Over the years we have done this for when tragedy strikes within the Dol Community.

Let's light a candle for Jed's recovery and pray and wish those of her beloved dogs a safe journey to the bridge.

I think from memory the last couple of times it was 9pm.

Would anyone like to join in.

I will be doing this too. What a lovely idea.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on Jed? :)

JulesP, there is no new news as yet. Jed is unchanged at this stage, and the next 48 hrs are crucial.

I imagine the smoke inhalation (damage to airways) is the major factor in Jed's critical condition right now.

Steve will update us as soon as anything changes.

Thanks dyzney.

I've had the great pleasure of meeting Jed and cannot get my head around this tragedy. To think that she is so badly injured and also would know that she's lost beloved dogs is utterly heartbreaking.

TBCSITW has long been a part of the life of my own Little Evie - they shared threads and went smurf hunting together via cyberspace. My hope is that he is still with us so that Jed has this beautiful old man to reunite with.

Vale lost doggies, run free. Recover Jane, be well again - you are such a strong lady and can draw on the extra strength of the many who love and respect you if you need it.

Phillipa

I too have been following this thread all day,

I'm absolutely gutted, poor Jed. I always admired her posts.

I've made a donation to and we'll be lighting candles later tonight.

R.I.P The ones the didn't make it :)

Jed you have to pull through this, everyone is behind you.

Hesapandabear nic wasn't referring to you.

Absolutely wasn't referring to you or your post, you were only helping based on what you were told. I have nothing but respect for all you're doing to help in this awful situation. I was referring only to the post that i quoted as they the colour of the dog has already been confirmed as gold, and furthur speculation wasn't necessary especially as the poster was stating "they weren't sure". If not sure, then best to check the facts rather than further complicate the matter for people who are looking wildly for this poor missing woofer. No disrespect or blame to you Hesapandabear.

Anyway - more warm thoughts coming Jed's way and prayers for Magnus to find his way home.

What an horrific tragedy. All those poor animals and Jed bravely risking her life to save them. She truly is a hero. Thank you to everyone who has been able to offer and provide immediate help and to Julie and MDBA Pacers for their crucial role in organising and coordinating donations and care for the animals who survived. Fingers crossed that Magnus is found safe and well.

Yes :) everyone !

Just saw Jed's story on Sky News.

The whole flavour was about a woman who dearly loved her dogs and risked her life to try and save them. There was nothing but admiration for her commitment to her dogs expressed. Her dogs were described as 'show dogs'.

They said when the firey's arrived they heard someone calling out to them. They found Jed lying on the ground out the back of the house.

Breaks my heart to think she was conscious and will probably remember every minute of the horror :)

I am so grateful that not all of her dogs were lost. At least Jed will have some of her dogs to go home to.

Edited by indigirl

:) just caught up with this tragic news

to jed - thoughts are with you

dont know if theres much i can do to help out being so far away but if theres anything being organised in Vic i will do what i can

will be thinking of you and lighting a candle at 9pm :rofl:

Just logged on and have seen that this horrible tragedy has happened to a great DOLer.

I am so sorry for Jed's loss and wish her a very speedy recovery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight Jed and I hope your little babies find peace together. May all the tears that have been shed today help soothe some of your sorrow. Please get well soon. xoxoxoxoxo

Come home Magnus! Your mum needs you right now :):rofl: :rofl:

Missing you on here already Jed, come back to us sooooooon! We <3 you!!!

Steve, like everyone else, please let me know if I can help in any way beyond a simple donation. I shall hold the wallets of my fellow Gippslanders hostage if required!